Google Drive is a great tool for storing, editing and managing our files no matter how large the file is. The lovely thing about using Google Drive is that it is easy to use and can be used by anyone as it does not require any special skill or knowledge.
Moreover, any smartphone user can easily use Google Drive for organizing their files to avoid the hassle of going through files one by one. So even while on the go your files are well organized on Google Drive.
One of the most useful things or rather benefits of Google Drive is the ability to share documents. Furthermore, the Documents stored on Google Drive can be shared with specific people the user wants. Also, the documents can only be viewed by only the authorized persons specified by the user.
Confused with how to turn on link sharing on Google Drive using your various mobile devices? Here is how to turn on your sharing link for any file stored in Google Drive.
How to Turn on Link Sharing on Google Drive using an Android Device
Google drive link sharing can be done using an Android phone.
To share your file link on Google Drive using your Android phone, here are a few easy steps you can follow
- Open your Google Drive app, most Android phones come with the Google Drive app pre-installed in them while some don’t have it. If your phone doesn’t have the app, you can simply go to your phone app store to download and install the app. Moreover, when you are done downloading, launch the app and sign in with your correct google account address.
- When the app is open, tap on ‘files’ at the bottom right to view all your files stored in Google Drive.
- Tap on the three dots on the file you wish to share and a menu will appear.
- When the menu appears, tap on ‘share’.
- You will see ‘who has access’ this is where you will modify who has access to your files now tap on ‘not shared’.
- Now click on ‘restricted’ and options will appear.
- You can now go-ahead to change your link sharing setting to ‘Anyone with the link’.
The file can now be viewed and edited by anyone with the link. Furthermore, you can still limit the number of people to view the file link by sending the link to their Gmail account using their Gmail user name.
Done, your file link has been successfully shared.
Read How to Add Music to Google Drive
How to Turn on Link Sharing on Google Drive using an iPhone
Using an iPhone to turn on link sharing on Google Drive is as simple as using an Android.
To turn on link sharing in Google drive, you can follow the following steps below
- On your iPhone device, open the Google Drive app and sign in with your Google account information.
- Tap on ‘files’ and a list of all your files will appear.
- Click on the three dots of the file you want to share the link.
- Then tap on ‘Get link’.
- Now you can copy the link to the clipboard so that you can share it with anyone you want to.
Done, your file link has been successfully shared and can only be accessed by those that have access to the link.
Read How to Send large files via Google Drive
How to turn on link sharing in Google Drive using a PC
If you are a windows user, turning in and generating a link for files is super easy, simple, and quick as it can be done directly from your PC.
Furthermore, below are a few simple easy steps you can follow to share your file link using your PC
- On your windows device, open your Google drive app and sign in with your Google Account information.
- Navigate to your files and right-click on the file you want to share and a menu will appear.
- Click on ‘share’.
- You can go ahead to change who can view the file or you can simply enter the people’s Gmail address you want to share the file link with.
Done, your file link has been successfully shared. Moreover, your files are only accessible by anyone who knows the link.
Read How to Share Google Drive links on WhatsApp
How to Turn on Link Sharing on Google Drive using an iPad
To turn on or share a link on Google Drive using an iPad is very easy and simple.
Here are few steps you can follow to share your file link using an iPad.
- On your iPad device, open your Google Drive app and sign in with your Google account information.
- Tap on ‘flies’ to view all your files stored in Google Drive.
- Click on the three dots on the file you want to share.
- Tap on ‘get link’.
- Now you can copy the link to the clipboard or paste the copied link immediately to anyone you want to share the file with.
And that’s it, your file has been shared, only people with the file link can only view the file.
Read How to change Google Drive language
How to Turn on Link Sharing on Google Drive using a MacBook
MacBook is a powerful operating device that can easily be used by anyone to share links on Google Drive without much stress.
Moreover, using your MacBook to share files link on Google Drive involves the following easy steps
- On your MacBook, open the Google Drive app or the browser and sign in with your Google account information.
- Right-click on the file you want to share.
- When the menu pops up, choose ‘share’ using Google Drive.
- A box will appear, now you can go ahead to send the link to a specific Gmail address you want to share the file with.
That was simple, your file has been shared and can only be viewed by anyone with a file link.
- How to Upload a Folder to Google Drive on Android
- Google Drive Vs Google Docs
- How To Password Protect Google Drive Folder
- Google drive dropbox alternatives
- How to Remove Access to Google Drive
- Store passwords in Google Drive- Is it Safe?
- How to Upload Video from Google Drive to YouTube
- What does green checkmark mean on Google Drive?