If you have been downloading pdfs, images, videos, and other files from the internet and then saving it to Google Drive, it might be getting a little too worked up after a certain point in time. Well, it is better to use certain tools that will only help you to save ling to Google Drive directly without having to go through multiple processes.
We will be discussing two methods here so that you can choose whichever might be convenient to you at the moment. Also, it does involve only a single tool that is available for everyone and all you need to do is simply follow the process we will be mentioning here in this guide.
Here is all you need to know on how to save link to Google Drive.
How to Download the Save Link to Google Drive Tool
Before we can head over to the process on how to carry out the entire steps to save links as well as images directly to Google Drive, where we will be talking about the tool that you need to use to make it happen.
We will be using the Save to Google Drive Chrome Extension.
Yes, you heard it right! It is a Chrome Extension that is provided by the tech giant itself for all its users. Not only it is safe to use but easily available to add it to your Google Chrome Extension.
- Go to the official page for the Save to Google Drive Chrome Extension.
- Tap on the Add to Chrome button.
- Now, on the next window, click on Add Extension
- Google Chrome will now send you a notification that your Extension is added.
- Head over to the Extensions symbol on the top-right of the Google Chrome tab and click on it.
- Go to the Save to Google Drive Extension and click on the Pin icon.
Your extension is added successfully to your browser. You can now use it to directly save link to Google Drive with a single click which we will be discussing in the next section.
To add more about this Extension, you can save documents, images, and HTML5 audio and video all through a single right-click on it.
Once the content is added, you will be prompted with a dialogue box to open the files, rename them, and view them in the list.
How to Save Link to Google Drive?
Now, that we have understood the tool or the extension we will be using to save links to Google Drive such as images, PDFs, etc., we can now head to the process of actually doing it.
Method 1: Using Right-Click
The most common that you will be using here to save link to Google Drive is by simply right-clicking or in the case of macOS users using the two-finger tap process.
- Head over the link you wish to save on Google Drive.
- Make a right-click or double-finger tap on the link.
- Select Save Link to Google Drive.
- Wait for the image or file to be downloaded to your Drive.
- You can now choose to Rename or Move to Trash.
This is how your links, images, etc will be saved on your Google Drive with a single click. However, there are a few things to be noted here.
If you are looking for a PDF, the link will download the PDF directly to your Drive, the same goes with an Image as well.
Method 2: Using the Extension Icon
Now, there are times where the link you are looking to add to Google Drive might contain the image you wish to download. Well, for this, you may not directly choose it from the Google search page. For this, you need to open the link and then do as follows.
- Open the link to the image.
- Tap on the Chrome Extension button in the top-right corner.
- Wait for the image to save to Google Drive.
You can also do the same directly over an image on a website using the Right-Click method and then choose the option Save Link to Google Drive.
How to Save Link to Google Drive in Incognito Mode?
If you wish to privately browse certain sites or download images without having to save the history, you can choose to go Incognito on Google Chrome Browser.
Similarly, you can use the extension here as well to save links to Google Drive. Here is how you can do it.
- Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the tab.
- Open a New Incognito Window.
- Now, open the link/image you wish to save on the Drive.
- Tap on three dots again and go to More Tools.
- Click on Extension.
- Look for Save to Google Drive Extension and click on Details.
- Toggle the button beside Allow in Incognito.
Your extension is now added to the Incognito tab as well. From here, you can try out any of the methods we have mentioned to save link to Google Drive keeping all conditions in mind.
Related Google Drive articles:
- How to Copy a Shared Folder in Google Drive
- Scan Using Google Drive
- How to change Google Drive language
- Upload a Folder to Google Drive on Android
- How to Save a Google Drive Video to iPhone
- Google Drive Vs Google Docs
Here we are with all you need to know on how to save link to Google Drive. By saving links we mean saving images, pdfs, files, and other HTML files using the guide we have mentioned. You may have to choose the right URL every time in order to carry on with the right process, but it makes everything a lot easier than usual.
If at all you receive error messages sometimes, make sure to refresh that page and try again. The page request might exceed command at times thus leading to such errors. Furthermore, you can let us in the comment section as well if you are stuck with something.
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.