Want to convert images that you have stored in Google Drive to PDF? If yes, you have stumbled upon the right webpage. In this article, we are going to share a detailed step-by-step guide that you can follow to convert images to PDF in Google Drive.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to Convert Image to PDF in Google Drive
You can follow the steps mentioned below to convert images to PDF in Google Drive –
- Open Google Drive by visiting drive.google.com.
- If you are not logged in, then use your Google account credentials to log in. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Now, click on the My Drive option.
- From the drop-down menu, hover over the Google Docs option and select the Blank document option.
- It will take you to the Google Docs page. Here, you have to click on the Insert option from the toolbar.
- Hover over the Image option and select the image location.
For example – if you have the image stored in your local storage, select the upload from the computer option. Similarly, if you have the image in your Google Drive or Google Photos, you can select the image from there.
- Once the image is uploaded, you can resize it to fill the gaps.
- Once you are satisfied with the way your document looks, click on the file option, hover over the Download option, and click on the PDF document.
That’s it. You have successfully converted and downloaded an image file to a PDF document file.
The method mentioned above works best on PC, but what about smartphones? Is it possible to convert the image to PDF in Google Drive using a smartphone?
The answer is – Yes. You can follow the below-mentioned method to convert JPG files to PDF in Google Drive using a mobile phone.
How to Convert Image to PDF in Google Drive using a Smartphone
Before starting, make sure that you have both Google Drive and Google Docs apps installed on your smartphone. You cannot use the Google Drive app alone to convert JPG to PDF. So, if you don’t have both apps installed, install them first and then follow these steps –
- Open the Google Drive app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Plus icon and select the Google Docs option. It will create a blank Google Document for you and take you there.
- Here, you have to tap the Plus icon and select the From photos option.
- It will take you to your smartphone’s gallery. Select the picture that you want to convert into a PDF.
- Now, tap on the three-dot icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the Share and export option and tap on the Save as Option.
- It will ask you to select the file type. Select the PDF option.
Doing this will create a PDF file for you and save it to your Google Drive. You can download or share this PDF file with anyone very easily.
However, this method has some drawbacks, and the significant one is that you don’t get proper control to resize your images. But if we keep that aside, this is really an easy way to convert any JPG file to PDF.
Why Convert Image Files to PDF?
Converting images to PDF sounds pretty unusual, especially in an era where every person is on social media. After all, one cannot use PDF files as their social profile’s display picture or do some other stuff. On the other hand, PDF is a file format known for business documents.
But do you know that there are a lot of great benefits of converting images to PDF files? let me talk about it in detail –
1. Lossless File Compression
Whenever you compress a JPG or image file, it degrades the quality of the picture. But that is not the case with PDF files. You can compress PDF files without worrying about image quality degradation.
2. Excellent Security
One of my favorite things about PDFs is that you can protect these files using passwords. With PDFs, you get the ability to set two types of passwords – master and user.
The user password is for the end-users who want to open the file and see the content inside it. Basically, the user password just lets them open the file.
However, the master password gives the user the ability to restrict what people with a user password can do.
For example, you can restrict others from copying, printing, editing, or doing other stuff on the PDF created by you. This takes the confidentiality and privacy of your data to the next level.
3. Storing images
PDF can be used to store your images as you do in a folder. You just have to combine all of the images that you want to store and put them into a single PDF.
Once you are done with that, you can easily protect this PDF with a password and compress it without worrying about losing the quality and details of the image. It will also make it easy to transfer your pictures very easily.
4. Easy transfer
PDFs are easier to transfer than images. Let’s say you have to send 100+ images to someone. Sending each of them one by one can be a challenging task.
However, if you combine all of those images into a single PDF, you can easily share or distribute them with other people. This is one of the reasons PDFs are used to share lecture notes, books, and more.
So, these are some of the reasons why you should convert your images to PDF.
Yes, it is possible to convert images to PDF using Google Drive. However, there is no direct solution for you. You will need to use Google Docs for this.
JPEG and JPG files use lossy compression when you send them over the web or email. Whenever you save an image, it will lose a little bit of data, ultimately reducing its quality.
However, this is not the case with PDF files. PDFs are designed to handle a variety of data such as texts, images, videos, and more. This is why PDFs don’t lose their quality even after being downloaded and uploaded 1000s of times.
There you have it – a detailed guide on how to convert images to PDF in Google Drive.
Google Drive is a great cloud storage solution, and the inclusion of Google’s collaboration and productivity tools makes it way more functional than just being a cloud storage service. I hope that the guides mentioned above would have helped you with your query.
You may like the following Google Drive tutorials:
- How to Edit a PDF in Google Drive
- Printing is Disabled for this File Error on Google Drive
- How do you upload a pdf to Google Drive?
- How to Stop Getting Spam on Google Drive
- Can’t Launch Drive for Desktop Error
- How to Embed PDFs from Google Drive
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.