Do you want to save multiple photos from Google Drive to your iPhone but don’t know how to? If yes, you have landed on the right webpage. In this article, I am going to share a few methods that you can follow to download multiple Google Drive photos to your iPhone very easily.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to Save Multiple Photos from Google Drive to iPhone
Google Drive is a great solution for backing up your data, and I personally use it for storing all my iPhone photos and videos. When I recently visited my Google Drive storage, I realized that there is no way to save multiple photos that I’ve uploaded to my Google Drive to my iPhone at once.
Initially, I thought this was happening due to some bugs, and I tried to update my Google Drive app, but I was still not able to download multiple photos and files at once to my iPhone. Sadly, I couldn’t see the download option for multiple files on my iPhone.
So, I started researching about it, and I found out that Google Drive doesn’t offer an option to save multiple photos for iPhones and iPad devices.
You get the option to make those files offline, but they will not be saved on your device. You will only be able to use them but cannot share them with others.
So, what is the problem?
It is not a problem per se. Instead, it is a limitation that the Google Drive iOS application has, and sadly, Google hasn’t fixed it yet.
We hope that Google will fix it in the future, but until then, you have to follow the workaround that we have shared with you.
Read How to Upload a Video to Google Drive from iPhone
Steps to save multiple photos from Google Drive to iPhone
To save multiple Google Drive photos or other files at once, you can use iOS’s inbuilt Files application. The Files app lets you map Google Drive and other cloud storage services such as Dropbox, iCloud, and more directly to your iPhone file storage system.
Basically, you will be able to see all the files stored on these cloud storage solutions directly to your Apple’s Files app. However, this function isn’t enabled by default, and therefore, you have to configure it manually.
Here is how you can do it –
- Launch the Files application on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will see two tabs. You have to tap on the Browse tab.
- There will be a three-dot icon at the top right corner of your screen. Tap on it.
- It will open a drop-down menu where you have to tap on the Edit option.
- After that, the Google Drive option will appear. You have to tap on the toggle switch and make sure it is enabled.
That’s it. After doing this, you will be able to access all your Google Drive files and folders directly from the Files app. Once you do this, it is time to save multiple photos from Google Drive to your iPhone.
Here is how you can do that –
- Now, under the Locations option, you will be able to see the Google Drive option. Tap on it.
- It will open the Google Drive files and folders for you. Here, you have to select all the image files you want to save to your iPhone’s local storage.
- Once you select all the images that you want to save, you have to tap on the Share button.
- It will open a few options where you will see the Save (number of selected images) Images option. Tap on it.
That’s it. After doing this, all of the selected images will be downloaded to your local storage, and you can easily find them on your iPhone afterward. This is how you can easily save multiple Google Drive photos to your iPhone.
Read How to Delete Files from Google Drive on Mac
Steps to save Google Drive photos to iPhone using Google Drive app
While the aforementioned guide is good for saving Google Drive photos in bulk, you can use the Google Drive app if you want to save just one or two photos. This method is quite simple and easy to follow.
- Launch the Google Drive application.
- Navigate to the folder where you have the photos you want to save to your iPhone.
- Look for the picture you want to save and tap on the three-dot icon located right beside the image.
- After that, you have to tap on the Open in option.
- It will show you a bunch of options. Here you have to select the Save to Files option.
- After that, it may ask you to select the location where you want to save that photo and tap on the Save option.
That’s it. This is how you can easily save Google Drive photos to your iPhone device. The best thing about this method is that it is quite simple and easy to follow.
The only drawback of this method is that if you want to save multiple images, you have to repeat the process again and again.
Read How to Move Multiple Files in Google Drive
Currently, there are two ways to save multiple photos from Google Drive to the iPhone camera roll. Both of those methods are mentioned in this article. However, we recommend you try the first method as that is quite efficient and fast.
Yes, you can easily transfer photos from Google Drive to your iPhone. For this, you can use the Files app, or you can manually save photos from Google Drive using the Google Drive app.
You can easily select multiple photos in Google Drive. All you have to do is press and hold the first photo, and once it gets selected, you can tap on the other photos.
Read How to Copy and Paste Files in Google Drive
There you have it – a detailed guide on how to save multiple photos from Google Drive to iPhone.
Saving photos and other media files to your iPhone from Google Drive isn’t rocket science. But due to some limitations, Google Drive doesn’t let you save multiple photos to your iPhone. However, we have shared a workaround that you can follow to save multiple photos from Google Drive to your iPhone at once.
You may also like the following google drive tutorials:
- How to Stop Google Drive from Duplicating Files
- Count Files in Google Drive Folder
- How to Print an Entire Folder in Google Drive
- Remove Google Drive Sharing Link
- Unable to Access Document Google Drive Error
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more