Have you faced difficulties in launching Google Drive on a desktop? If yes, continue reading this tutorial to fix the issue for the reason why you cannot install Google Drive on the desktop.
I had the requirement of installing Google Drive on my desktop, but I got an error that I was unable to fix initially. After continuous research then I fixed the issues. There could be multiple reasons for such errors and no one knows the reasons.
There could be multiple reasons for such an event and no one knows for sure. However, we can try out some basic methods to fix the error.
Make sure you have a proper internet connection and all your apps are updated. Let’s get started.
How to Fix Can’t Launch Drive for Desktop Error
1. Run Google Drive as an Administrator
As a first and foremost step, you can relaunch the app. Instead of double-clicking on it, you have to run as administrator. Make sure you have admin access to permit the application.
Here you can run Google Drive as an admin on your Windows laptop.
- Tap on Start and type Google Drive.
- Now, right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on your screen to confirm.
Now, your Google Drive for Desktop app will launch on your system. This will allow the app to gain all the permissions and thus work properly without any errors.
2. Force Quit Google Drive
The next method is simply trying to quit the app forcefully and trying to open it again. There are some times when you will not be able to close the tab whether it is Macbook or Windows.
Hence in that situation, you have to forcefully quit or end the task to fix the error.
- Click on Start and type Task Manager.
- Now tap on it to open the manager.
- Under the Process section, scroll down and look for Google Drive.
- Make a right-click on it and select End Task.
Or else you can simply tap on it and click on End Task at the bottom of the window screen. As soon as you do it, the app will immediately close and then you can try opening it again.
- Go to Dock at the bottom of the desktop.
- Move your mouse pointer at it and make a two-finger tap.
- At the bottom of the list of options, click on Force Quit
This will also end the app forcefully and end all the functions running in the background. From here, you can choose to directly start the app or restart the laptop and launch the application.
3. Reinstall Google Drive for Desktop
This method is the usual method you can uninstall and reinstall the app on your system. You don’t have to update the application and follow the below steps to do so.
- Open Windows settings on your screen.
- Go to the Apps and Features section.
- Now, search for Google Drive and tap on it.
- Click on Uninstall.
Wait for the system to uninstall the app. Now, you can simply visit the official Drive for Desktop webpage and download the app again on your Windows PC.
How to Send Feedback Report to Google Drive Team?
If you are still unable to launch Drive on your Desktop. it is better to always provide feedback to the technical team.
Now, such an error report will allow the cloud storage platform to fix the bugs and ensure it is fixed such that no one else is affected by it.
You can follow the steps mentioned here to send a feedback report to the Google Drive Team.
- Open Drive for Desktop on your system.
- Now, click on the icon on the taskbar.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose the Send Feedback option from the list.
- Type in your feedback about all the issues you have been facing and click on Submit.
If you have any diagnostics report, you can add that too along with the feedback, and then submit it.
Can’t Load Account on Drive for Desktop- How to Fix
There might be multiple reasons why for can’t load the account on Drive on the desktop. Check out the below major reasons.
- You are not connected to an Internet Connection.
- Your Proxy settings are not allowing the app to run.
- Your App is not updated.
You can check out the below things to fix the error.
- Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
- Reinstall Google Drive for Desktop.
- Free up some Drive Space.
- Switch off your Proxy to allow the app to function.
- Log in again to your account.
Here you have seen the major reasons for being unable to launch Google Drive on a desktop. Probably the file will be corrupted. Ensure reinstall the software and install it again then it will work for sure.
In case, you face anything like this on your Macbook as well, the same steps can be applied and you can solve the errors likewise.
Make sure you follow the steps mentioned in the methods above so that you no longer have to visit other pages on the web. If you are unable to find the right solution you can choose to reach out to the community support on the official Google support team.
Related Google Drive tutorials:
- How To Share Google Drive Folders With Non-Gmail Users
- How do I open a Word document directly in Google Drive?
- Google Drive Vs Google Docs – Overview & Comparison
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Google Drive
- How to Hide a Folder in Google Drive
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.