Want to sign out from Google Drive on iPhone? If yes, you have landed on the right webpage. In this article, we are going to share a step-by-step guide on how to sign out of Google Drive on iPhone.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to Sign Out of Google Drive on iPhone
Signing out from Google Drive on iPhone or iPad is not as simple as on the Google Drive website. Instead of just signing out, you need to remove your account entirely. However, the good thing is that it is not that difficult to do.
One thing that you have to understand is that when you remove your account from your iPhone or iPad device, it will be removed from all of the apps that are using it, not only from Google Drive.
Basically, when you follow the steps mentioned in this article to sign out from Google Drive, you won’t be signed in to any other Google products or services such as Gmail, YouTube, etc.
This makes it a great choice for people who either sell their old smartphone or give it to someone else. This method will remove all of your personal data from your device.
So, here is how you can do that –
Read How to Open Unsupported Files on Google Drive
Steps to Sign out of Google Drive on iPhone and iPad devices
The process to sign out of Google Drive on iPhone is very simple and easy to follow. All you have to do is follow these simple steps –
- Launch the Google Drive application on your device.
- At the top right corner, you will see your Google account profile avatar. Tap on it.
- There, you will see all of your Google accounts that you are signed in with on your device. Tap on the email account that you want to sign out of Google Drive on that phone. You can skip this and the next step if you only have one account logged in to your device or if the account that you want to remove is already selected.
- Again, you have to tap on the Google account profile avatar at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Manage Accounts on this Device option.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will see the Remove account from this device option. You have to tap on it. It may ask you for confirmation. If it asks, simply allow it.
That’s it. This is how easily you can sign out of Google Drive on your iPhone and iPad device.
Read How to Save Multiple Photos from Google Drive to iPhone
How to Sign out of Google Drive on old iPads and iPhones
If you own an old iPhone or iPad and due to lack of development, you have to use the older version of Google Drive, in that case, the aforementioned method might not work for you. While the basics are similar, and you will have to remove your Google account from that device, the steps will be slightly different.
In that case, you can follow these simple steps to sign out of Google Drive on old iPhone and iPad devices –
- Launch the Google Drive app on your smartphone.
- At the top left corner, you will see a hamburger icon. Tap on it to open the menu option.
- When you scroll down the menu option, you will see your Google account there. Tap on it.
- After that, you will see the Manage your Google Account option. Tap on it.
- Next to the account that you want to sign out of, you will see a Remove account from this device option. Tap on it.
- A pop-up will appear for confirmation. Tap on the Remove option to confirm.
That’s it. This is how you can easily sign out of Google Drive on your old iPhone and iPad devices.
Read How to Upload a Video to Google Drive from iPhone
How to Sign out of Google Drive from Safari or other web browsers on iPhone
If you don’t have the Google Drive app installed on your iPhone and are using Google Drive right from your web browser, the process of signing out of Google Drive is quite simple and easy.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps –
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Click on the hamburger icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the drop-down icon located beside your email account and gravatar.
- Tap on the Sign out option.
That’s it. This will sign you out of Google Drive.
You can also clear your browser’s cache on your iPhone to ensure that you won’t face any cookies related problems. For that, all you have to do is follow these simple steps –
- Open your iPhone settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Safari option.
- Tap on the Clear History and Website Data option.
The good thing is that clearing your cookies and other website data won’t interfere with the AutoFill information.
Read How to Delete Files from Google Drive on Mac
To sign out of the Google Drive app on your phone, you must remove your account entirely from your smartphone. The aforementioned guide will help you do that very easily.
It is quite easy to use Google Drive on iPhone or any other smartphone device. All you have to do is install the Google Drive app and log in using your Google account credentials.
How do I sign into Google Drive?
When you launch Google Drive on your smartphone for the first time, it will automatically ask you to sign in using your Google account. You can use your Google account credentials to sign in to Google Drive.
However, if you want to add any additional accounts, you can do that too by following these simple steps –
- Launch the Google Drive app.
- Tap on your Google account gravatar.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Add another account option.
- Log in using your Google account credentials.
Read How to Move Multiple Files in Google Drive
There you have it – a detailed article on how to sign out of Google Drive on iPhone.
Google Drive is a great cloud storage platform with dozens of amazing features. Its backup and sync feature makes it a must-have app for smartphones.
However, if you want to sign out of Google Drive, you have to remove your Google account from that device. Doing this will also remove that account from other Google products such as Gmail, YouTube, or browser. However, the good thing is that it is quite easy to remove an account from Google Drive. If you are facing any issues, you can follow the guides mentioned above in this article.
You may like the following google drive articles:
- How to Send large files via Google Drive
- Share Google Drive links on WhatsApp
- How Long Does Google Drive Keep Deleted Files
- How do you add a Password to Google Drive?
- Store passwords in Google Drive
- How do I Find Folders in Google Drive
- How to Back Up Google Drive Files
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more