Do you want to sign out of the Google Drive application on your iPhone? If yes, follow this simple tutorial to sign out of Drive.
As a Drive user, iam unable to sign out from the iPhone device, because iam an Android user so faced some difficulties in signing out. After a continuous try, I found a way to sign out.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started to do the process.
Sign Out of Google Drive on iPhone
Signing the Drive application on an iPhone or iPad is not similar to the Google Drive website. Instead of just signing out, you need to remove your account entirely.
If you remove the account from iPhone or iPad device, it will be removed from all the devices, it will be removed from all the applications not only from the Drive.
Follow the below steps so that no need to sign out from other Google application
This makes it a great choice for people who either sell their old smartphone or give it to someone else. This method will remove all of your data from your device.
Steps to Sign out of Google Drive on iPhone and iPad devices
The signing-out process in iPhone is easy and simple. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Open the Google Drive application on your device.
- At the top right corner, you will see your Google account profile picture. Click on it.
- There you can see the Google accounts that you are already signed in with the device. Click on the email account you want to sign out of Drive on your phone.
- Again, you have to tap on the Google account profile picture at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Manage Accounts on this Device option.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will see the Remove from this device option. You have to tap on it. It may ask you for confirmation. If it asks, simply allow it.
This is how easily you can sign out of Google Drive on your iPhone and iPad device.
How to Sign out of Google Drive on old iPads and iPhones
If you are using the old version of Google Drive on an iPhone then above mentioned steps will not work for you. Follow the below simple steps to sign out of Google Drive on old iPhone and iPad devices.
- Open the Google Drive application on your smartphone.
- At the top left corner, you will see a hamburger icon. Tap on it to open the menu option.
- When you scroll down the menu option, you will see your Google account there. Tap on it.
- After that, you will see the Manage your Google Account option. Tap on it.
- Next to the account that you want to sign out of, you will see a Remove account from this device option. Tap on it.
- A pop-up will appear for confirmation. Tap on the Remove option to confirm.
That’s it. This is how you can easily sign out of Google Drive on your old iPhone and iPad devices.
How to Sign out of Google Drive from Safari or other web browsers on iPhone
If you don’t have the Google Drive app installed on your iPhone and are using Google Drive right from your web browser, the process of signing out of Google Drive is quite simple and easy.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps –
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Click on the hamburger icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the drop-down icon located beside your email account and Gravatar.
- Tap on the Sign-out option.
That’s it. This will sign you out of Google Drive.
You can also clear your browser’s cache on your iPhone to ensure that you won’t face any cookie-related problems. For that, all you have to do is follow these simple steps –
- Open your iPhone settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Safari option.
- Tap on the Clear History and Website Data option.
The good thing is that clearing your cookies and other website data won’t interfere with the AutoFill information.
To sign out of the Google Drive app on your phone, you must remove your account entirely from your smartphone. The aforementioned guide will help you do that very easily.
It is quite easy to use Google Drive on an iPhone or any other smartphone device. All you have to do is install the Google Drive app and log in using your Google account credentials.
How do I sign into Google Drive?
When you launch Google Drive on your smartphone for the first time, it will automatically ask you to sign in using your Google account. You can use your Google account credentials to sign in to Google Drive.
However, if you want to add any additional accounts, you can do that too by following these simple steps –
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap on your Google account profile picture.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Add another account option.
- Log in using your Google account credentials.
Google Drive is a great cloud storage platform with excellent features. Its backup and sync feature makes it a must-have app for smartphones.
However, if you want to sign out of Google Drive, you have to remove your Google account from that device. Doing this will also remove that account from other Google products such as Gmail, YouTube, or a browser. Still, the good thing is that it is quite easy to remove an account from Google Drive.
You may like the following google drive articles:
- How to Send large files via Google Drive
- Share Google Drive links on WhatsApp
- How Long Does Google Drive Keep Deleted Files
- How do you add a Password to Google Drive?
- Store passwords in Google Drive
- How do I Find Folders in Google Drive
- How to Back Up Google Drive Files
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.