Google Drive is a user platform that offers cloud storage solutions for both individuals and enterprises. With more features, an easy user interface, and exceptional compatibility with other Google products, it’s a great platform to keep your files safe and secure. we can securely save all our data in Google Drive.
Almost every Android mobile user knows about Google Drive but very few know that it can be downloaded and installed on a computer operating with Windows 10 as well.
The reason for installing Google Drive helps you sync and upload files to your Google Drive account automatically. Let’s have a look at how to install Google Drive on Windows 10.
Download Google Drive on Mac
Follow the steps given below in the respective order to install Google Drive on your PC easily.
Before installing Google Drive in the system, make sure you sign out from the Google Drive web service for a while until the installation completes.
Download Google Drive on your System
After successfully logging out of your account, you need to launch your preferred browser application.
- Type googledrive.com in the browser and hit enter to proceed further step.
- From the various menu items available, click on the option Drive for Mac/PC under the Downloads column.
- Once you access the download page, it will show you to choose from two available banners namely For Individuals and For Teams.
- Choose the former by clicking on the download button located right below the description.
- Once you click Download, you’ll receive a popup window on your screen, asking you to agree with Google Drive’s Terms of Services before proceeding to download your software.
- click on the Agree and Download button, the file will begin to download automatically.
Install Google Drive on Windows 10
- As soon as the software named Installbackupandsync.exe downloads successfully, you need to click on it to begin the installation. You can also type Google Drive install for Windows to get the installation.
- If it doesn’t download properly, then we are unable to start using the desktop version. Another method to install in Windows is in the Web version, we can click the settings option, then we can click Get Drive for desktop.
- This process will help you install Google Drive on Windows 10. Once it is completed, click on the Close option on the pop-up window to exit the installation wizard and keep progressing with the setup of this application.
- Once installed, you can pin it in the taskbar to start using it in the desktop version.
- Launching the application will open a new window titled Welcome to Backup and Sync. Click on the Get Started button and type your Google Drive credentials in the input fields available. Now, click on the Next button to proceed.
- You need to set preferences for your computer by specifying the desired file size, upload quality, and folders that need to be backed up. After making your required preferences, simply proceed with the Next button.
- The installation process is now completed successfully, and Google Drive is installed properly on your Windows 10 OS. You should also see shortcuts for other Drive programs like Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides on your Desktop as well.
How to Uninstall Google Drive on Windows 10?
If you have a better alternative for Google Drive or no longer Google Drive needed for your computer running Windows 10, then you’re at the right place. Let’s see how can you uninstall Google Drive from your computer.
- We can uninstall Google Drive from Windows through the settings option on the PC. Click Apps & features, type Google Drive in the search box, and finally click Uninstall.
- Double-click on its shortcut icon or right-click on your taskbar and choose the “Preferences” option from the floating menu.
- This will open a new window with the preferences associated with your Google Drive account. Click on the “Disconnect Account” button located at the top-right corner to reveal a prompt where you need to select the “Yes” option.
- After a couple of seconds, your account will be disconnected successfully and your chosen folders will no longer be synchronized with your Google Drive account. Now, you need to remove the installed software from your PC as well.
- To do this, navigate to the control panel in your Windows 10 OS and choose the “Programs and Features” option from the various settings items available.
- You’ll see a list of all the available applications on your computer, from which you need to choose Backup and Sync and click on Uninstall.
- Once you finish all the aforementioned steps successfully, all the components of Google Drive, along with the software-generated files will be removed from your computer, and the uninstallation procedure will be successful.
Alternate Method to Uninstall Google Drive on Windows
Check out this simple method to uninstall the Google Drive on Windows.
- Type Google Drive in the search box of the windows and click Uninstall.
Once clicked, the Google Drive will uninstalled from Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Do I Sign Out of Google Drive on Windows 10?
If you’re logged in through the web interface of this cloud storage platform, you need to navigate to drive.google.com through your preferred browser. Now, click on your image on the top-right corner of the screen, followed by clicking on the sign-out button.
Alternatively, if you want to sign out your account on the Backup and Sync application offered by Google, you need to right-click on your taskbar. Now, choose the “Preferences” option to open a new floating window. Then you need to click on the Disconnect button and wait for a couple of minutes.
2. How Do I Change My Google Drive Account on PC?
To change your account in Google Drive on your PC, you first need to open drive.google.com in your browser. Navigate to the top-right corner of your screen, and click on your profile picture. Furthermore, you need to choose the “Add Account” option to log in with another Drive account.
If you want to change the accessed account in the Backup and Sync application, you need to launch the preferences window by right-clicking on the taskbar. Now, choose the “Preferences” option and go to settings, followed by the “Sign in to another account” option.
3. Can I Have Two Google Drives on My PC?
No, Google Drive doesn’t allow you to sync your computer with two Google Accounts at once. However, this doesn’t mean that you’re doomed in case you need to make some files on your computer through multiple Google accounts.
A feasible solution can be syncing the files one by one by logging into the accounts simultaneously on your computer. The stepwise process to log in with your Google account on your computer is stated above for convenience. You may also consider tweaking with access permissions.
4. Is There a Google Drive App for Desktop?
Yes, there is an official software offered by Google to allow using Google Drive on your Desktop. Although it doesn’t offer you an interface like the web client, you can still ensure that your files are synced and backed up on your cloud storage account successfully.
The app can be downloaded right away from drive.google.com, under the Downloads section of the footer menu. If you need help with the setup and installation of this application, you may check out the steps given above for assistance.
5. Is Google Drive for Desktop Free?
Google Drive offers both free and premium subscriptions for its cloud storage services. The former offers you 5 Gb of free storage to store your files without filling up your hard drives. It also features several premium plans that allow you to extend your storage limitation and access other features.
Talking about the desktop application, it is completely free to download and use for individuals. It’s worth mentioning that you need to have the web client configured before you can start using their backup and sync application.
You may also like following Google Drive tutorials:
- How to Unshare a Folder in Google Drive
- How to Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive
- Add Google Drive to Finder
- How To Select Multiple Files On Google Drive
- How to Clear Recent in Google Drive
If you want to experience the full capabilities of Google Drive, you must install its Desktop application. It allows you to automatically synchronize and backup your preferred files and folders on your Google account.
The Google Drive application also provides two-way sync that automatically downloads the files you’ve stored in your Google account. Moreover, it syncs the files and folders you store on your computer to your Google account. However, there are still some exceptions related to the storage of documents.
Additionally, as you saw above, the installation and uninstallation process for Google Drive in Windows 10 is pretty straightforward and doesn’t include any complex guidelines. Therefore, make sure you must give it a quick try to make the most out of your Google Drive account.
Here, we cover:
- How to install google drive on windows 10
- How to uninstall google drive on windows 10
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.