Is it possible to use Google Drive on the desktop application? Then this is the right page to land to check how to get the Google Drive Icon on Taskbar.
Google Drive is a flexible storage that is compatible with a wide range of devices so that you can access it from anywhere from any device to easily edit files.
Google Drive access can be not only in the web browser, you can also access it on the desktop and pinned to the taskbar where we can access the files frequently without an internet connection.
We can sync all our data, including our photos and videos on your device itself by getting the Google Drive icon on the taskbar. We can access our documents from Google Drive in our Taskbar for offline access. Let’s get started to know more about this.
What is Taskbar?
Before getting the taskbar icon on the desktop for Google Drive, we will see what is taskbar means. It is a desktop tool application thus it allows us to perform tasks where changing between the open windows and starting the new applications. It will be found on the desktop near the start button, and notification place. In Mac devices, we call it taskbar as Dock.
Benefits of getting Google Drive on Taskbar
The main benefit of getting Google Drive on the taskbar is offline access. We can easily open and show whenever required.
- Easily switching between the other applications.
- Easy access to files from the Drive.
- Offline access.
How to get the Google Drive icon on Taskbar for PC?
Before getting the taskbar on Google Drive, it is mandatory to download and install Google Drive for the desktop application (for both PC and Mac). This will help you to get the Google Drive icon on Taskbar easily.
Google Drive Download for PC
To download Google Drive to your PC, follow the below steps.
- Search in Google for Google Drive Download.
- Select Download Drive for desktop to get Google Drive into a desktop application.
- A window screen will appear that asks whether you wish to agree with Google’s Terms of Service. Read the terms, and click Agree and Download.
- Google Drive will begin to download as a file labeled installbackupandsync.exe on your PC.
- Depending upon the type of your browser, the downloaded file may appear anywhere on your PC. After, once the Google Drive is completely downloaded, search for the extension in File Explorer.
- Another simple way is, you can get it from the browser as well. Click the settings icon or gear icon on the top right page then click Get Drive for desktop.
By doing this, you can download Google Drive for PC and the next step is to install the Drive on your desktop.
Google Drive Install for PC
To install Google Drive, follow the below steps.
- Once you click on the downloaded Google Drive file extension, a window will pop up that asks you permission to run the file. Select Run to proceed to the next step of installation.
- Your default PC settings User Account Control may ask whether you want to allow Google Drive to make changes. Select Yes to install.
- Your Google Drive will begin installing. Once the installation is done, a Welcome to Backup and Sync page will open. Click on GET STARTED to synchronize or upload the file in your Google Drive desktop application.
Now, you will get Google Drive on the taskbar on your PC. The next step you can do is get the taskbar.
How to get the Google Drive icon on Taskbar Windows 10?
Read all the below points to get the Google Drive icon on the taskbar on Windows 10.
- Type the Google Drive on your PC in the search bar.
- Right-click on that icon, then select Pin to Taskbar.
- The taskbar will display the Google Drive icon.
- Now you can open the Google Drive icon from the taskbar directly.
Get Google Drive on the Taskbar Windows 7?
The taskbar of Windows 7 is called Superbar which is the slightly modified version of the classic Taskbar. To get Google Drive on the taskbar for Windows 7, after downloading Google Drive on your PC, follow the below steps.
- Hit Windows Q to initiate the Search Box on your PC.
- Type Google Drive in the Search Box.
- Once you notice the Google Drive icon, right-click on that icon and then select Pin to Taskbar from the dropdown menu.
- Now press “Windows-D” to show your desktop. The taskbar displays the Google Drive icon. You can now open the Google Drive icon from the taskbar itself.
It is quite similar to the Windows 10 to pin the Google Drive icon in the taskbar.
Pin the Google Drive Folder to the Taskbar
Let’s see how to pin the Google Drive folder to the taskbar in Windows 10.
- Go to the Google Drive folder and right-click then click Send to ->Desktop (create Shortcut)
- Now, go to the desktop and right-click on the folder then click Properties.
- Click Shortcut -> Add explorer in Target field-> Change icon -> Choose the icon ->OK -> OK.
- Now Google Drive icon will be pinned to the Taskbar in Windows 10.
- If you want to unpin the icon from taskbar, right-click the folder in desktop, and then click Unpin from taskbar.
This is the method to pin the Google Drive icon to the taskbar.
Pin Google Drive Icon to Quick Access
Follow the below points to move the Google Drive icon to Quick Access.
- Go to File Explorer to pin the icon to the taskbar by quick access.
- Select the Google Drive folder or the other folder that you want to pin to the quick access by clicking on that.
- Now, Click on the Home tab, and then click on the Pin to quick access.
This is the Quick Access method to pin the Google Drive icon on the Toolbar.
How to get the Google Drive icon on Taskbar on Mac?
Similar to the process followed on PC, you can get the Google Drive icon on Taskbar which is called Dock in Mac.
Google Drive download for Mac
To download Google Drive to your Mac, follow the below steps.
- Search for the Google Drive Download website and select Download for Mac on the site.
- Select “Accept and install” to agree with Google Terms of Service.
- Google Drive will begin to download to your Mac as a file labeled installgoogledrive.dmg.
- Once the Google Drive download is done, click on the file “installgoogledrive.dmg”.
- A window will appear to verify the download. Drag the Google Drive icon to the Applications folder icon to continue downloading Google Drive to your Mac’s desktop.
- On the right-hand side of the menu bar, the Google Drive icon will appear. Select the Google Drive icon and then select “Sign in” to sign in to your Google account.
Google Drive install for Mac
To install Google Drive on Taskbar (Dock) in Mac, follow the below steps.
- Find the downloaded Google Drive on your Mac.
- Right-click on the Google Drive icon and then select the option “Keep in Dock”.
- You can now see the pinned Google Drive icon in your Mac’s Dock.
Getting a taskbar on the desktop is not a big deal. Follow the simple steps to get the process done. Taskbar is an important component of GUI in operating systems like Windows. It has important features like quick access to the running applications, getting notifications, and minimizing and maximizing windows.
You may like the following Google Drive articles:
- Upload Large Files to Google Drive
- How to transfer ownership of Google Drive Files
- Password Protect Google Drive Folder
- How to Share Videos on Google Drive
- Clear Recent in Google Drive
- How to Search Large Files on Google Drive
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.