If you are aware of using Google Drive for your personal or professional work, you may already know how easy to deal with large files with this cloud storage platform. Putting the files into folders will be organized in the Drive to make the Google Drive easier.
Selecting multiple files in Google Drive for sharing with the team members is not a big deal. Fortunately, almost every major file storage and management tool allows users to perform specific actions on numerous files altogether, and Google Drive is no exception.
Let’s take a look at some of the perfect ways to select multiple files on Google Drive to perform specific actions on them.
Select Multiple Files On Google Drive
There are different methods you can try for selecting multiple files. Check out the below methods to do so.
1. Select Multiple Files in Google Drive using a Mouse
Similar to that of the file explorer in computers, the most straightforward and fastest way to select multiple files in Google Drive is by using a mouse.
All you need to do is left-click and drag the cursor of your mouse over the files you need to select. Here’s a simplified and detailed approach to do it:
- Initially, open your browser type Google Drive, and hit enter to select multiple files in the Google Drive.
- This will open the Drive’s membership area where you can access your storage options and files. To make the process of selecting files in bulk easier, you can change the view option of files from Grid to List
- When you have your required files in front of your screen, you simply need to left-click your mouse and drag the cursor to make a square kind of shape around the files that you wish to select in bulk
- You can directly select the files by left click and choose the multiple files to do the action. Once selected, it will show how many files it has been selected.
After completing the selection, you can simply right-click on any of the selected files and choose a particular action such as delete or move. The same will be applied to all the selected files automatically.
Also, check out, How To Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google Drive.
2. Select Multiple files in Drive using the CTRL Key
Sometimes, you may notice that the files that you need to select are not arranged in a particular order, and are messy in between other files.
In this case, using a mouse won’t help, but still, you can select multiple files by following the steps given below:
- Initially, you need to navigate to the Drive folder where your required files are located from the menu located on the left side of the screen.
- You just need to press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and click on the files that you want to select.
- Once the required multiple files are selected, you need to right-click on any of the selected files to see a drop-down menu. When you choose any particular action from the menu, it gets applied to all the other selected files automatically.
Also check out, How to Clear Recent in Google Drive?
3. Use the SHIFT Key to select Multiple Files
We can also use the shift key on our keyboard, to select multiple files in our Google Drive, arranged in a systematic order. In case you don’t have access to an optical mouse, you can consider using this method to select the multiple files:
- The first thing that you need to do is locate the files that you need to select in your Google Drive. After locating them, you need to click on the first file while holding the SHIFT key on your keyboard.
- While still holding the SHIFT key, you need to select the last file that you need to select in the group. If you do this, then all the files in between the first and last files will be selected automatically.
Now, you can right-click on any of the selected files and choose a required action to apply it to all your chosen files.
Check out, How to Share Videos on Google Drive
4. Select Everything at Once
In case you want to select all the files available in a particular storage destination of your Google Drive account, this method certainly fits you. Here’s how can you do it in a stepwise and simple manner:
- First of all, you need to open your desired folder in Google Drive and change the view from Grid to List.
- Then, you need to click on any file located in the folder and press the CTRL and A buttons altogether on your keyboard.
This will select all the files available in that particular folder and you can easily perform the required action in the drive.
Check out, How To Password Protect Google Drive Folder?
5. Select Multiple Files in Mobile
Similar to Google Drive on the web, we can also select multiple files on the Mobile device as well.
- Open Drive from the Mobile application to select the multiple files.
- Long press the files to select together on the mobile application.
- Once you are selected, you can choose the action to be performed in Google Drive by clicking the three dots at the top.
By doing this, we can select multiple files in the mobile application.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Do I Select Multiple Photos on Google Drive?
As images might be required to be seen before selecting, the fastest and most efficient way to select photos in bulk is by changing the view to thumbnail mode and using the SHIFT key along with your mouse to select your desired pictures at once.
2. How Do I Select Multiple Files on Google Drive on iPhone?
To select multiple files in your Google Drive using an iOS device, you need to first navigate to the folder where your required files are located in the drive. After accessing the folder, you need to tap on the options button located at the top-right, followed by a swiping action on the files you need to select.
3. Why Can’t I Move Files in Google Drive?
In case your required file is located in the Team Folder, along with the sharing permission enabled only for administrators, you won’t be able to move it to Google Drive. You can either ask the administrator to provide you access to the file or log in with an account with higher privileges.
With the options and capabilities of Google Drive, we can easily enhance our workflow and productivity, especially if our profession requires dealing with large files at once. The methods shared above work perfectly in your Google Drive to select multiple files at once.
Based on your requirements you can choose with any of the methods mentioned above.
You may like the following Google Drive articles:
- How to transfer ownership of Google Drive Files
- How to Upload iMovie to Google Drive
- Google Drive vs Dropbox
- How to add Google Drive to File Explorer
- Failed Server Error Google Drive
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.