Is your Outlook getting bulked with lots of separate accounts? Read this article to know how to remove an account from Outlook Online.
Apart from accessing our Outlook account via the Outlook app, we can also add accounts with other sources such as Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. But sometimes, this also raises the reason to remove the accounts from Outlook. As I had faced similar issues, I have shared the same here. Continue to read.
Earlier, I had talked about How to Add Gmail Account in Outlook for Microsoft 365 and How to Remove Recent Searches in Outlook Online as well.
Topics explained in this article are mentioned below:
- How to remove anaccount from Outlook Online on Mac
- How to remove an account from Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Windows
- How to remove an account from Outlook on the web
- How to remove an account from Outlook Online for iPhone
- How to remove an account from Outlook for Android
How to Remove an Account from Outlook Online on Mac
It’s very easy to remove accounts from the Outlook app for Mac. Have a look at the steps below.
- Launch the Outlook app in Mac.
- Choose File > Preferences from the Outlook main menu.
- Choose Accounts under Preferences in the Outlook menu.
- Select the account that needs to be deleted.
- Click – minus sign in the bottom left corner after choosing the account.
- Again, tap on Delete.
Thus, the selected account will be removed from Outlook for Mac.
How to Remove an Account from Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Windows
For the people using Windows, you may follow the steps below. Let’s see how we can remove any account from Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Windows.
- Open the Outlook app on Windows.
- Choose File from the Outlook’s main menu.
- Next, the Account Settings icon is located in the right frame, click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, again select Account Settings.
- Choose your email address by clicking on it under the Email menu.
- Click the X Remove icon located in the toolbar directly above the selected email account after selecting your email address.
- On the pop-up confirmation, select Yes.
Finally, close the current window and we can see that the account has been removed from Outlook in Windows.
Also read: How to Search Emails in Outlook Online? [3 Method]
How to Remove an Account from Outlook on the Web
Outlook on the web can be used to access our Outlook account from any device and browser. Have a look at how we can remove an account from Outlook on the web.
- Log in to Outlook account in Outlook.com.
- Choose Settings from the Outlook toolbar.
- Choose Mail from the app settings menu.
- Then click Connected accounts under Accounts.
- Select any account that we want to remove from Outlook.
- Then choose Remove option in Outlook.
- Now, tap on Yes to confirm.
Therefore, after deleting the account we can delete any remaining emails of that particular account from Outlook on the web.
How to Remove an Account from Outlook Online for iPhone
Similarly, we can remove an account from Outlook app on iPhone. Let’s see how!
- Open Outlook app on iPhone.
- Tap on the Outlook icon on top left.
- Now, click on Settings icon.
- Under Email accounts, choose an email account.
- Scroll down and tap on Delete Account.
- A confirmation will pop-up. We can either choose Delete From This Device or Delete From All Devices.
The account will get removed from Outlook app on iPhone.
Note: The last step in this topic provides us with an extra step of deleting the account from all the devices that we have logged into with our Outlook profile.
Click here: How to Recover Deleted Emails in Outlook Online? [5 Ways]
How to Remove an Account from Outlook for Android
Outlook app can be downloaded in Android’s as well and now we’ll see how to remove an account from Outlook for Android.
- Launch the Outlook app in Android.
- Click on the Outlook icon on top left.
- Tap on Settings icon.
- Now, under Email accounts, select the account that we want to remove.
- Scroll down and click on the DELETE ACCOUNT option.
- Finally, tap on DELETE to confirm removing an account.
Once we confirm, the account gets deleted from Outlook for Android.
From adding an account to removing an account, everything is possible in Outlook. I’ve mentioned all methods of removing an account from Outlook app for Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android and Outlook on the web.
Read the steps carefully and try implementing the guidelines as per your requirement. Hope this article helps you.
You may also like:
- How to Add Second Email to Outlook Online? [2 Methods]
- How to Change the Default Font in Outlook? [5 Main Ways]
- How to Change a Title in Reply Mail in Outlook Online? [3 Ways]
- How to Get Taskbar in Outlook Online? [2 Method]
- How to Download All Mails from Outlook Online? [3 Methods]
- How to Create Birthdays On Outlook Online?
- How to Check Storage Space in Outlook for Microsoft 365? [5 Ultimate Ways]
- How to Sort Emails by Size in Outlook Online? [3 Methods]
- How to Sort Folders in Outlook Online? [2 Possible Ways]
I am Susanne Winberg and I work as an Outlook online expert. I love staying in New York, United States of America, and I have 10+ Years of experience using outlook and outlook online. I enjoy sharing my knowledge on Outlook with others through Outlook tutorials, Outlook tips, and tricks. Read more