In a world where words fail music speaks, I can testify of how good music can transport you from your current mood to a new mood filled with sweet melodious sound, and Google Drive has made it easy for storing and backing up our music. Google Drive is one of the safest and most secure places to store our music and all sorts of files. It can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
If you’re still wondering or unsure of how to add music to google drive, here are a few steps you can follow.
Read How to Find Movies on Google Drive
How to Add Music to Google Drive using Android
Most Android phones come with Google Drive already pre-installed in them while some do not. For Android phones without Google Drive, you can go to ‘play store’ to download and install it or simply go to chrome or opera mini and log in to your google account with the link: https://drive.google.com
- Open your Google Drive app and sign in to your account. Example of Google account name; email@example.com.
- Click on the ‘create icon’ at the bottom right. You may want to create a separate folder for your music to keep everything well organized.
- Select ‘folder’, type in a name, and then click create.
- Click on your new folder to open it, click on the create icon and select ‘upload’.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top left, a drop-down menu will appear.
- Select audio and then go ahead to select the music you want to add.
As simple as that, these are the simple steps to add music using Android.
Read How do you upload a pdf to Google Drive?
How to Add Music to Google Drive using an iPhone
Some people do believe that using an iPhone requires some special skill or knowledge as it does not follow the same procedures or processes as other smartphones.
This is because you can’t easily transfer files from an iPhone to another smartphone or Google Drive directly. Apple Music files are in cached AAC format( Advanced audio coding).
Which makes it impossible for moving and playing the music files on other programs. However, to add your songs downloaded from the Apple music store you need to convert the Apple Music to Google Drive supported audio formats like mp3, MPEG, WAV.
Here are the following steps you can follow.
- Go to the Apple store, download and install the Apple music converter. Open the app and log in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the “setting” icon to select the output format for google drive which is MP3.
- Select a playlist or album to display songs, then tick the songs you want to convert.
- Go to the Google Drive app and open it if you have the app or you can simply go to Google website https://drive.google.com and sign in using your Google account.
- Tap on the big ‘+’ sign in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click on ‘upload’. But if you want your music files to be in a separate place you click on ‘folder’ and give it a name.
- Open the new folder you created and click on ‘upload’, then select the converted Apple music files you want to add to Google Drive.
That’s it, you’ve successfully added your music which can be accessed anytime at anywhere.
Read How to change the Google Drive folder location
How to Add Music to Google Drive using a MacBook
Using a MacBook to add music to Google Drive requires a process different from other windows or PCs, but it is also simple to handle if only you know how to go about it.
However, every MacBook user should know that Apple Music is supported in AAC format, and for you to add your music to Google Drive you need to convert it to the supported audio format which is MP3.
Follow the following steps to add music using a MacBook.
- Download and install an Apple music converter.
- Click on the ‘setting’ icon at the upper right to select the output format.
- Select the playlist to display songs, then tick songs you want to convert. When you’re done selecting, you click on convert.
- Go to Google Drive and sign in with your Google account. You can simply visit their website https://drive.google.com.
- Click on the ‘create’ icon.
- Tap on ‘file upload’. You can also click on ‘ folder upload’ if you want your music to be in a separate place.
- Select the converted Apple music you want to add to Google Drive.
Done, you have successfully added music to your Google Drive.
Read How to Email a document from Google Drive
How to Add Music to Google Drive using Desktop
Using a PC to add music to Google Drive does not require any special skill. Uploading music can be done in two ways; you can directly upload the files or drag them.
Using a desktop to add music files involves the following steps.
1. Uploading Music files into Google Drive
- Start your computer, go google website https://drive.google.com and sign in to your google account.
- Click on the ‘create’ icon.
- Select ‘file upload’ or ‘folder upload’ if you want a separate folder for your music.
- Click on your audio files and select the music you want to add to Google Drive.
2. Dragging files involves the following steps
- Open your computer, go to Google Drive and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the ‘ create icon’.
- Select ‘file upload’ or ‘file folder’.
- Drag the music you want to add to ‘upload’ or the ‘new folder’.
Done, you’ve successfully added the files to Google Drive.
Read How do I make Google Drive downloadable?
How to Add Music to Google Drive using an iPad
Using an iPad to add the files to the platform Google Drive is easy as it involves the same process as Android.
Here are the steps to follow to add music using an iPad.
- Download and install the Google Drive app. Open the app and sign in to your google account.
- Click on the big ‘+’ sign by the right side.
- Tap on ‘upload’. But if you want to separate your music files from other files you tap on ‘folder’ and then name it.
- Click on the new folder, tap on the ‘create’ icon and select ‘upload’.
- Click on audio files and then select the songs you want to add to Google drive.
Done, your music has been successfully added to Google Drive.
- How do I open a word document directly in Google Drive?
- How to Copy a Folder in Google Drive
- Cannot Download Files from Google Drive
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Google Drive
- Share Google Drive Folders With Non-Gmail Users
- How to Send large files via Google Drive
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more