Uploading a folder to Google drive using a desktop is pretty easy. You just click on the upload button and select the folder. However, when it comes to Android, there is no straightforward way to upload a folder to Google Drive. So the question is, how to upload a folder to Google Drive on Android?
If you have a similar question in your head, then I have got your back. In this post, I will be sharing a step-by-step guide to uploading a folder to Google Drive on Android.
So let’s just get into the topic without any further due.
How to upload a folder to Google Drive on Android
According to Google Support, if you want to upload folders to Google Drive, you will need to use a desktop. Also, Google Drive’s Android app doesn’t really offer you an option to upload folders.
Now you must be wondering, what should you do in this case? Well, this is where the third-party apps come into play. There are many apps available out there that allow you to upload folders to Google Drive right from your Android device.
So let’s just quickly go ahead and have a look at these apps:
FolderSync is another great app that lets you sync your files effortlessly. This one is a full file manager which lets you manage your files locally and in the cloud. Also, it supports a wide range of cloud storage services, including Google Drive.
However, the app is a bit confusing to configure, but once you have configured it right, the app works perfectly.
To get started with FolderSync, do follow these steps:
- At first, download and install FolderSync.
- Next, launch the app and give all the file permissions.
- After that, tap on the Add option under the Accounts section.
- Then follow all the on-screen instructions and sign in using your Google Drive.
- Next, tap on the FolderPairs icon from the bottom menu.
- Tap on Create FolderPair and select Google Drive.
- Next, select a remote folder and a local folder and save the changes.
- After that, go to your local folder using file manager and copy and paste the folder that you wish to upload.
- Then come back to the FolderSync App > FolderPairs and tap on the Sync button.
- Now the app will upload the folder to your Google Drive.
2. Solid Explorer File Manager
Solid Explorer is a file management app for Android. With the help of this app, you can manage your files in a dual-pane layout, protect files with strong encryption.
Also, it allows you to manage files on your cloud storage or NAS and backup apps and files to any desired destination. Plus, the app is absolutely free to download.
To use the app, do follow these below steps:
- At first, download and install Solid Explorer File Manager on your Android phone.
- Then launch the app, and tap on the ‘+’ icon and select New cloud connection.
- Next, select Google Drive and tap on the Next button.
- Then follow all the on-screen instructions and log in using your Google account.
- Once logged in, establish a connection between your device and Google Drive.
- Then use the sidebar menu to come back to internal storage.
- Over here, look for the file that you want to upload to Google Drive and long press on it.
- Tap on the share icon and select Save to Drive to upload the folder to Google Drive.
So these are the two apps that you can use for uploading folder to Google Drive on Android. However, apart from this, you can always go with the manual approach.
In the manual approach, you will first need to create a folder and then upload all your files.
Anyway, to help you understand better, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- At first, open Google Drive mobile app.
- Then tap on the plus icon and select New Folder and give it a name.
- Next, open the folder you have just created.
- Now tap on the plus icon again and select upload.
- Finally, you will need to select the file and it will get uploaded to the Drive.
However, the only drawback of this method is that you can only upload one file at a time. As a result, it will be a time-consuming job for you.
Can’t Upload Files or Videos to Google Drive- Here Are the Fixes
There are a lot of times when your Google Drive might crash or simply stop the upload in the middle. It might be highly frustrating since there are large files that need uploading and thus you need to start all over again.
Now, such incidents are pretty common, especially with Android App. But we can fix this and for this, you can follow the steps below.
You can start with completely shutting off the application from your Android phone. After this, you can simply start the Google Drive app and begin the upload once again.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Apps & Notifications (Or any other option that opens the list of installed apps on your phone)
- Now, look for Drive in the list and tap on it.
- Click on Force Stop.
Once you click on it, the app will stop, and then you can start with the upload yet again. If this does not work too, try to clear the cache and try again.
You may like the following articles:
- How To Password Protect Google Drive Folder
- Save a Google Drive Video to iPhone
- How to Delete Files from Google Drive on Mac
- How to change Google Drive language
- HTTP Error 403 on Google Drive
- How do I make Google Drive downloadable?
- Google Drive Vs Google Docs
- How to Rotate a PDF in Google Drive
- How to Upload a Video to Google Drive from iPhone
So that was a quick answer to your how to upload folder to Google Drive on Android question. As Google drive doesn’t offer you an option to upload a folder from Android, you will need to use apps like FolderSync.
You may encounter an issue with Google Drive sometimes on your smartphone or even on your system, but you can always stop the app and then try to reupload all your files and folder. It may look hectic, but then it is not a permanent issue.
So go ahead and try out the steps and see if they are working for you or not. Also, for any other questions, do drop a comment below.
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.