Have you tried backing up Quickbooks to Google Drive? Follow this tutorial to check out how to backup QuickBooks to Google Drive.
Generally, Quickbooks is accounting software that provides tools to manage small and large business customers, vendors, clients, inventory, and finances.
Quickbooks is mainly used for tax filing, accounting, inventory management, expense management, payroll, invoicing, bank account tracking, budgeting, payment processing, etc. Backing up Quickbooks to Google Drive is helpful for the business by giving one-place storage.
You can get a lot of benefits from not only backing up Quickbooks to Google Drive but also backing up QuickBooks to desktop, and online. Let’s get started to see the process.
Quickbooks Desktop Backup to the Cloud
- Quickbooks Online Backup is a supporting service that is offered with all versions of Quickbooks. Also, you can backup Quickbooks desktop to the cloud using Google Drive.
- You can use a simple trick like making a backup locally, copying it to a Google Drive folder, and from somewhere else downloading the backup, restoring from it, and working in QuickBooks.
- Then you can send a new backup back to the cloud. You can also use third-party integration like Zapier to back up Quickbooks data to Google Drive.
How to Backup Quickbooks to Google Drive?
Quickbooks’s Backups save everything on your chart of accounts. You can schedule automatic backups, one-time manual backups, and backup Quickbooks to Google Drive. You can save online backups of your accounting data by using the QuickBooks Online Advanced option. To back up Quickbooks to Google Drive, follow the below steps.
- Search for QuickBooks Online Advanced and sign in as an admin.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon Settings and then select Back up company.
- From the menu that displays, select Local Backup.
- Now select Link a Service.
- Select Link Google Drive to back up Quickbooks to Google Drive.
- Now you can save a backup to Google Drive on this page. Select Local Backup from the menu.
- Select New Local Backup Schedule.
- From the Company field, select the company you want to back up.
- From the Frequency field, select Once to save a single backup now.
- You can also select Monthly, Weekly, or Daily options to schedule automatic backups.
- In the Service section, select Google.
- When you’re ready, select “Create Local Backup Schedule”
Your Quickbooks data will get backed up to Google Drive.
How to Backup QuickBooks Online?
- Quickbooks Online automatically backs up your data every night so no need to do it manually on your own.
- There are three hard drives needed to back up QuickBooks data so whatever changes you make in the company file, your data is saved in two hard drives right away.
- All the file data are copied to a third-party hard drive to protect data if anything happens to the first two hard drives.
I hope you understood this simple tutorial on How to back up Quickbooks to Google Drive. Back up your desired QuickBooks files to Google Drive by simply following the above steps.
You may also like:
- How to Turn Off Google Drive Sync on all platforms
- How to delete files from google drive permanently?
- Google Drive Waiting to Upload Error
- How to reduce file size in Google drive
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.