To boost the speed of your hotspot, you need to adjust not only the settings on your iPhone but also the devices connected to it. This tutorial will help you use the hotspot on your iPhone better and will answer the question, how to make the hotspot faster on your iPhone?
To improve the speed of the hotspot on your iPhone start by checking the cellular strength. Once that is optimal go to Settings and then under Wi-Fi go to Wi-Fi Mode. From here tap on and select 5GHz Wi-Fi this means that the data shared is faster. You can also limit the devices connected to your hotspot to better the speed.
How can I test my hotspot speed?
First things first check the existing speed of the hotspot only then will you understand what needs to be done to better it. Here is how to check the speed,
- Go to App store
- Search for speed test in the search bar
- You will see apps like Speedtest by Ookla and other similar apps that pop up. Choose the one that you find, suits your needs the best and download it.
- Now install the app by clicking on Install.
- Open the app once it is installed and begin a speed test.
- You can also type a speed test in the browser and perform an online analysis.
Once you have the results you will know the speed of your internet/hotspot.
How to make hotspots faster on iPhone?
There are different ways to improve the speed of the hotspot on your iPhone. This section looks at the most important
Check the network strength
To share highspeed data it is important to make sure that you have good network strength. Here is how you can check the network strength on your iPhone.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Go to the dial pad.
- Once you have the dial pad on your screen type *3001#12345#*
- Tap on call
- You will then have a dashboard open
- The hidden Field Test Mode will now be enabled on your iPhone. A Menu icon will be visible in the top-right corner. Tap on it.
- On the screen, you will now see various options under all metrics select the Cell Info button, which is below the RAT section.
- In some phones, you will see a section titled Serving cell info
- You will then find the RSRP cell on the next screen. The number next to it indicates the signal’s intensity.
This is the most reliable way to understand where you stand when it comes to network strength. Most people look at the network connectivity bars on the top of the screen to see the strength of the network but this is not very reliable.
Connectivity bars may mean different things especially when it comes to different models or different manufacturers. generally the more bars visible the better the connection but there is no quantitative measurement for these bars. looking at them can give you a fair idea of the network strength but you will need to use the method mentioned above for a more accurate judgement.
Once you have checked the network strength you can either move to a location that has a better network or contact your service provider. This will fix your connectivity problem and in turn, increase the speed at which your hotspot works.
How can I speed up my iPhone Internet?
To speed up the internet on your iPhone it could sometimes help to reset the network settings. Here are the steps you can follow to reset the network settings on your iPhone.
- To reset network settings on iOS 15 or later, go to Settings
- Now from the options tap on and select General
- Now you will need to select Transfer or Reset [Device]
- Then simply hit Reset
If you are using an iOS 14 or earlier you will need to follow these steps
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Then tap on Reset if you’re running
This will also clear your mobile data settings, Wi-Fi networks and passwords, and previously used VPN and APN settings.
Once all the data is cleared start by reconnecting to the network.
How to make my Hotspot faster On my iPhone?
Another simple method to boost the internet is by restarting your phone. Sometimes you haven’t restarted the phone in a while and this increases the number of applications running in the background. To fix this problem simply restart the phone and it will work seamlessly, increasing not only the internet speed but also improving the overall performance.
You can also try shutting down all the apps that are running in the background. You can do this manually or by going to the settings and managing the app permissions.
This tutorial article looked at how to make hotspots faster on iPhones. As mentioned in the various sections it is important to analyze the speed of the internet and the network connectivity on your phone. You can then use the settings menu to make changes or contact the service provider.
Another important tip is to limit the number of devices connected to your hotspot. If nothing works check if your phone is up to date by going to the system update section.
Hope you found this tutorial helpful. Check out similar topics here
- Use Incognito Mode on iPhone
- Erase Data on iPhone
- Take Screenshots on iPhone
- Disconnect Your iPhone From Mac
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.