Do you want to move all the files from OneDrive to Google Drive? Then follow this tutorial to transfer everything from OneDrive to Google Drive.
Moving your data from one cloud storage service to another cloud storage service can be hectic if the file size is large. There are multiple ways to transfer data from one to another. The difference is the time taken for each method.
If your free version of OneDrive is filled up, then you can choose to transfer it to Google Drive within a few steps.
You can choose to buy more storage space then it might not be possible for everyone. Hence it is better to create a backup of Google Drive files.
How to Transfer OneDrive Files to Google Drive
This is a straightaway method that includes manually downloading and uploading the files. Make sure to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Sign in to OneDrive from your preferred browser.
- Select the particular files you want to move from your OneDrive account to Google Drive.
- Click the Download button, and wait for the process to complete. The files will be downloaded to your laptop or PC’s storage.
- Move to the Google Drive website and enter the credentials to access Google Drive.
- If you already have Google Chrome downloaded, just log in to your Google account.
- From that, click on the Google Apps icon. This will allow you to open another Google app related to your account, including Google Drive.
- Select the Google Drive application.
- Click My Drive, choose Upload files to select downloaded files from OneDrive to Google Drive, and wait for a while until the process is fully completed.
- Or click the New button, and select File upload or Folder upload to move files from OneDrive to the Google Drive account. The results are the same.
This way is uncomplicated and easy for users to operate. Although, if there are too many files, this method still has certain flaws. The files downloaded to the computer storage will be in a zip format.
Those need to be extracted before uploading on Google Drive. The task will be to get done depending on network speed.
Migrate OneDrive Files to Google Drive by drag and drop
The second method is easier than the above-mentioned steps because no download operation is required to transfer OneDrive files to Google Drive. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Set up OneDrive on the Windows desktop.
Note: If your computer is not a Windows 10 system, you need to manually download the OneDrive application, and log in with your account after downloading.) If you are a Windows 10 user, just find OneDrive will be in your computer and log in.
- Move to the Google Drive website and enter your details to access Google Drive.
- Log in to your Google Drive account.
- Select the data that you have to move from OneDrive to Google Drive.
- Drag and Drop the files or folders from OneDrive to Google Drive and wait for the process to complete.
- After the completion of the process, a prompt will remind you that the file upload is complete.
Though this method is easy, the speed is not improved. To ensure speed and operating friendliness at the same moment, you can follow the below methods.
Transfer data from OneDrive to Google Drive with a Third-party tool
Using a third-party tool to transfer data from OneDrive to Google Drive will make the entire process easy. Multi-cloud allows you to transfer files from one cloud storage to another for free.
Below are the methods to follow to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive.
- Sign up using your email ID, and enter your username and password to create one MultCloud account.
- After creating an account, log in and click on Add cloud on the left side of the navigation panel.
- Select the OneDrive icon and follow the steps to complete adding it to MultCloud.
- Add your Google Drive account to MultCloud by repeating the above steps.
- Now, you will see two different cloud drives in one interface.
- Select all the files you want to copy in OneDrive, right-click your mouse, and select Copy to.
- Select Google Drive as the destination location, click on the OK button, and wait for the transfer process to complete.
So this was a much simpler process to migrate your files from one cloud service to another cloud service.
How to transfer OneDrive Files to Google Drive on Mac
You will have to take it step by step, manually downloading your files from OneDrive and then uploading them to Google Drive.
If you are not using Windows, there is no one-step way to transfer files and folders from OneDrive to Google Drive. You have to do it step by step.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to learn how to transfer OneDrive files to Google drive on Mac.
- Log in to your Mac.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it anything.
- This folder will contain your OneDrive folder and files in one place so that it is easy to replicate this on Google Drive.
- Log in to your OneDrive in a web browser.
- Download them into the folder created in the first step.
- This will download your data from the OneDrive cloud to your folder.
- After you are done downloading all your files and folders in OneDrive to your folder on your Mac.
- Launch a web browser and open your Google Drive, to transfer your data.
- Upload the files and folders in your folder to Google Drive.
Once everything is done, don’t delete your folder on your computer. Make sure Drive has received all the data and stores local data on an external disk or somewhere on your computer itself for some days.
This is nothing went wrong while downloading from Microsoft OneDrive and uploading it to Google Drive.
Why there is a need to transfer your files from OneDrive to Google Drive?
Due to the decrease in free OneDrive storage from 15GB to 5GB, many users tend to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive which still provides 15 GB of free storage for users. Although you can choose to buy more storage space.
Which is the most effective way to transfer OneDrive Files to Google Drive?
We recommend using a third-party tool like MultCloud because it is reliable and a fast method to transfer a file between OneDrive to Google Drive.
You can transfer OneDrive files to Google Drive automatically or manually. The choice depends on several factors, including how valuable your documents are to you and how much time you have. We recommend you use a third-party tool like MultCloud, but ultimately it is up to your choice.
You may also like the following google drive tutorials:
- How to Backup Android Phone to Google Drive
- How to Backup Contacts to Google Drive
- Backup Laptop to Google Drive
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.