As visual content platforms like Instagram Reels and TikTok keep emerging day by day, the importance of video creation becomes more crucial than ever. It’s a high-time for businesses and influencers to produce engaging videos affordably and quickly. Here we will see in detail, how to upload imovie to google drive.
However, the lack of a professional production setup can be a great hurdle. iMovie is a beginner-specific platform offered to Mac users for free. It allows you to trim and join video clips into a cohesive project. But the only drawback of iMovie is that it consumes a significant amount of storage space.
If you want to declutter your storage drive and share your created iMovie with your friends and family, Google Drive is a great solution. Additionally, it also acts as backup storage that keeps your precious videos secure in case something fishy happens.
Moreover, uploading iMovie from your Apple devices to Google Drive is fairly easy, and involves only a handful of steps. Read on to find out how to upload iMovie to Google Drive through multiple devices like iPad, iPhone, or Mac:
How to Upload iMovie to Google Drive (Comprehensive Guide)
Here are the necessary steps you can follow to upload your iMovie to Google Drive. Since iMovie is available on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices, the process might be a little different for each of them and you can check them out here.
Check Combine PDF Files in Google Drive
Uploading iMovie To Google Drive Using iPhone or iPad
iPhones and iPads offer great portability but lack an ample amount of storage. If you want to save space without compromising on your visual content production, follow the steps given below in the correct order:
- Open the iMovie application on your iPhone or iPad and choose the video required to upload on Google Drive.
- After selecting the specified video, navigate to the bottom and choose the Share option
- Click on the share icon to reveal all the export options. Tap on the Save Video option on the next interface, followed by tapping on the Export option.
- The application will ask you to choose the desired size of the video that you’re trying to export.
- Choose the required size and wait for a while to get the video stored in your photo library. The video is successfully exported, you can close the iMovie app and open Google Drive app on your device.
- Before uploading the video, make a new folder, especially when you have a lot of files in your Google Drive to keep things organized. However, that’s completely a personal preference.
- On Google Drive, tap on the + icon located at the bottom-right corner of the screen and choose the Upload option. The application will prompt you to choose the storage location and select the video that you want to upload.
After selecting the video, all you have to do is tap on the Upload option and the video will begin uploading to your Google Drive account.
The time required for this process to finish depends on the size of your preferred video and your internet speed.
Read: How to embed video from google drive
Uploading iMovie To Google Drive Using A Mac Computer
In case you’re using a Mac computer to create and store videos using iMovie, you can follow the steps given below to transfer your videos from your device to Google Drive and share them with other people:
- Launch the iMovie application on your Mac computer and navigate to the video you want to upload. After selecting the desired video, click on the Share icon located on the menu bar. Choose the Export Movie option on the next screen.
- Specify a name for the file and choose a location on your device to save the video.
- Afterward, select the required export size and click on the Export button. The video will be processed and saved at your specified location after which you can close the application.
- Once the video has been successfully exported, open a browser application and access drive.google.com through the address bar at the top of your screen. If you’re not logged in with your account, the website will ask you to enter your credentials.
- After signing in with your account, click on the + icon at the bottom-right corner and choose the File Upload option.
- Then navigate to the location. Here you exported the video through file explorer and now select the video that you want to upload.
Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the file on Google Drive using your Mac computer.
Depending on your internet speed and file size, the video will be uploaded to your Drive Account. It will then notify you through an on-screen dialog box with Upload Complete written on it.
You may like the following Google Drive articles:
- How to Unshare a Folder in Google Drive
- Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive
- How to see who has Viewed a Google Doc
- 7 Best Chrome Extensions for Google Drive
- How to Stop Google Drive Notifications
- Google Drive Error List Retry All – How to Fix
- How to enable Google Drive Dark Mode on your smartphones
With the unparalleled video merging qualities of iMovie and storage features of Google Drive, you can create amazing videos using your Apple devices. Such as iPhone, iPad, and Mac without worrying about running out of storage space.
Furthermore, as you may have seen above, the process isn’t as complicated as it sounds. If you follow the steps correctly in the respective order, you should be able to upload your iMovie to Google Drive in no time.
Here, we checked, how to upload imovie to google drive, how to upload imovie to google drive on iPhone, how to upload imovie to google drive on iPad, and how to move imovie to google drive on mac.
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more