Are you wondering how you can upload files to Google Drive directly from your PC and smartphones? If yes, then you have landed on the right page because here we are going to share some popular methods that can help you learn how to upload the files.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started-
How to upload files to Google Drive folder?
Google Drive shared folder is one of the easiest ways to collaborate with colleagues, classmates, friends, and others
Anybody who has access to the shared folder can download files on their computer, work on them, update progress, delete files, move them within the folder, and upload them back to the Google Drive folders. Members can also add new files to the folder.
Companies have been using this feature for ages, but recently, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, many schools and other firms have also started using Google Drive to collectively send and receive files among a group of users.
Even though the process to upload files is extremely easy, I have seen many new Google Drive users facing issues with it. If you are one of them, then first you have to stop worrying because, in today’s article, we are going to share the step-by-step guide that you can follow.
We will be talking about a few different device-specific methods so that whatever device you own, you can still easily learn how to share files on Google Drive shared folder.
Read: Cannot Download Files from Google Drive
How to upload files to Google Drive from a PC
If you want to upload files to Google Drive from a PC, then this method is going to be a lifesaver for you. The best thing about this technique is that it is not restricted to PCs only.
Instead, you can use the same method to upload files using other devices, including Android and iOS smartphones.
You just have to follow these simple steps-
- First of all, go to drive.google.com and log into your account using your Gmail credentials.
- Now, from the left sidebar, click on the My Drive option.
- It will take you to the page where you can see all the folders that have been shared with you. Double click on the folder where you have to upload your files.
Note – To upload files, you will have two options – either upload files manually or drag and drop files from your computer. I am assuming that you know how to use the drag and drop feature to upload files. Plus, you will not get the drag and drop feature on smartphone devices, and thus, I am going to explain the manual method to upload files on the Drive.
- From the top left sidebar, click on the “New” option.
- Now, you have to select what you want to upload – files or an entire folder. Choose the option accordingly.
- Select the file/folder and wait for a couple of seconds.
And boom, your file will get uploaded to your Drive within seconds .
But if you want to learn how to upload files on Google Drive specifically with smartphone devices, stay intact with the article.
Below we are going to share specific methods to upload files using Android and iOS devices.
Read: How to Change Your Profile Picture on Google Drive
How to upload files to shared Google Drive using an Android smartphone
If you want to upload files to Google Drive using the Google Drive Android app, you have to follow these simple steps-
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android smartphone.
- From the bottom tab bar, tap on the My Drive.
- Tap on the folder where you want to upload your file.
- Tap on the “Add (Plus icon)” option located on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on the “Upload” option.
- Find and select the file you want to upload.
- Wait for some time for your files to get uploaded to the My Drive. It will take some time, depending on your internet speed.
That’s it. This is how you can upload files to Google Drive from an Android smartphone.
How to upload files to Google Drive from iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you can upload files to Google Drive with the help of the Google Drive iOS application. The steps are slightly different from Android, but most of the things are pretty much similar.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps-
- First of all, open the Google Drive app on your iOS device.
- Now, you have to locate the My Drive and tap on it.
- At the bottom right corner, you will see a colorful “Add (Plus icon)” tap on it.
- Now, select the “Upload” option.
- Select the files that you want to upload to My Drive.
- The files that you have selected will automatically get uploaded to Google Drive.
You can use the method mentioned above to upload files from an iPhone or iPad device to Google Drive directly.
You may like:
- How to Copy a Shared Folder in Google Drive
- Save a Google Drive Video to iPhone
- How to Scan Using Google Drive
- Move Photos from Google Photos to Google Drive
- How to Request Edit Access in the Google Drive Folder
There you have it – a detailed guide on how to upload files to Googe Drive. Google Drive makes it very easy to collaborate and share files with a group of people.
To help our readers, we decided to share an easy and detailed guide on uploading files to the Google Drive. You can follow the above-mentioned methods to upload files with ease from your Android, iOS, or computer device.
With that said, here I am wrapping up the article. If you have any questions, you can shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to respond ASAP.
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more