Google Drive, undoubtedly is one of the best cloud storage services and is easy to use.
You might have files stored in different formats such as pdf, doc file, word file, etc, and want to convert them in the same format and club them up at the same place.
You can do it easily using the Google Drive app. It allows you to import, view, and edit documents of any format and make them accessible from anywhere and on any device ( PC, Android, iPhone, iPad, MacBook). Also, you just need to log in to your Google account using a web browser and navigate to https://drive.google.com. All the files you’ve stored in Google Drive can now be accessed by you from anywhere and any device.
PDFs can also be uploaded to Google Drive using any device. Here’s a guide to all.
How to upload a PDF to Google Drive using a PC?
Google Drive allows you to upload files of all formats including PDF. It makes it easy to convert any PDF into a Google Doc, and the built-in optical character recognition (OCR), even extracts the text from images.
To upload a PDF, open drive.google.com in your browser. Once you open it, you can now click and drag the PDF you want to upload from your file browser or you can follow the steps given below.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to upload a PDF to your Google Drive using a PC:
(You can upload a PDF either by using an app or by simply logging into your Google account and heading to https://drive.google.com.)
Steps to upload a PDF without using the Google Drive app
- Click on the “New” at the top left corner of your screen.
- Once you click on New, a list of options will appear. Out of them select File Upload.
- Now, choose and tap on a file or a PDF you want to upload to your Google Drive.
- Once the PDF uploads, it can be seen among your already uploaded documents.
You are done uploading a PDF to your Google Drive and now you can preview it. Click the PDF to preview.
Steps to upload a PDF using the Google Drive app
- Tap on the Google Drive icon on your PC’s screen.
- Once you tap on it, the Google Drive homepage will appear with an option named “New”, at the top left corner of your PC’s screen.
- After you tap on New, select File Upload.
- After selecting File Upload browse and tap on the PDF file you want to upload to your Google Drive.
- Once you tap, the PDF will upload and can be seen among the files that are already uploaded.
Hence, your PDF has successfully been uploaded to Google Drive and is now accessible from anywhere and on any device.
How to upload a PDF to Google Drive using an Android?
If you are an Android user, you can work with Google Drive as easily as you do on a computer. Working on an Android is almost similar to working on windows.
Moreover, you can easily upload files of different formats including PDFs to your Google Drive and make them accessible from anywhere and on any device. All you need to do is open the Google Drive app > tap on ‘+’> tap upload> select and tap the PDF > Done.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to upload a PDF using an Android to Google drive:
- If you don’t have the Google Drive app installed on your Android phone, then open a browser preferably Google Chrome.
- Navigate to https://drive.google.com and install the Google Drive application. After you finish installing the app, tap on its icon to open it.
- Now tap on the ‘+‘ at the bottom right corner of your Google Drive homepage.
- After you tap on ‘+‘, a number of options will appear out of them tap Upload.
- Now, fetch the PDF you wish to upload and tap on it to get it uploaded to your Google Drive. Your PDF has been uploaded. Now you can preview it by simply clicking on it.
How to upload a PDF to Google Drive using an iPhone or iPad?
Apple products do not follow as many features as Android does, but working with Google Drive is quite easy. The process is a little different from that of Android but is not really hard.
Also, you can store the files of different formats collectively at the same place, called Google Drive using an iPhone or iPad as well.
Here’s how to do it right away:
Step-by-step instructions to upload a PDF file using an iPhone or iPad to Google Drive.
(you can upload your PDF to Google drive either by using Safari or Google Chrome browser)You must have the Google Drive app installed on your iPhone or iPad, or you can install it by opening a browser and navigating to https://drive.google.com.
- Open the PDF you want to upload in your Safari or Google Chrome browser on your IOS device and tap anywhere on the PDF to get the PDF to save options.
- If you are using Safari, an option for “More” will appear at the top of your PDF. Tap on it and you will receive a list of options out of which you have to select “Drive”.
- If you are using Google Chrome you will notice an option ‘Open in’ at the bottom right corner of your PDF. Tap ‘Open in’ and then select the drive.
Your PDF has successfully been uploaded to Google Drive. In order to preview with simply tap on it.
How to upload a PDF using a MacBook?
Files of all formats can be uploaded to your Google drive using a MacBook. The process to do so is not really different from that of doing it on a PC.
Just visit the Google Drive app and log in to Google account> Tap new> Tap upload> locate the PDF file and double-click to upload it> Done. Furthermore, here are the step by step instructions to upload a PDF to your Google drive using a MacBook:
- Open the Google Drive app on your Mac and log into your Google account or open a browser ( Google Chrome) and head to https://drive.google.com if you haven’t installed it yet.
- Tap on ‘New’ at the top left corner of Google Drive’s homepage.
- Once you tap on New, you will receive a list of options.
- Now, click “File Upload”.
- You can conveniently choose the PDF file to be uploaded.
- Locate the PDF file you wish to upload on your computer’s hard drive and double click to upload it.
You may like the following Google Drive articles:
- How to change the Google Drive folder location
- HTTP Error 403 on Google Drive – How to fix
- How do I make Google Drive downloadable?
- Email a document from Google Drive
- How do I open a word document directly in Google Drive?
- How to Find Movies on Google Drive
Your PDF file has successfully been uploaded and can now be accessed from anywhere and on any device. I hope it will fix the below issues:
- upload pdf to google drive iphone
- can you upload a pdf to google drive
- how do you upload a pdf to google drive
- upload pdf file to google drive android
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.