If you are looking for ways to send scheduled emails on Outlook, you’re at the right place! In this article, I’ll be talking about 5 ways to schedule an email on Outlook Online.
Organizing and distributing our calendar to make scheduling meetings in Outlook for Microsoft 365 simple. I have been a dedicated user of Outlook. And after much in this article, I’ll share details of a few things that I’ve learned while using Outlook.
Continue reading to know more about Outlook. Few topics that I’ve talked about are mentioned below.
- Can we schedule timed emails on Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Mac
- How to schedule timed emails on Outlook Online for Windows
- How to schedule timed emails on Outlook Online web
- How to schedule timed emails on Outlook for Microsoft 365 for iPhone
- How to schedule timed emails on Outlook Online for Android
Can We Schedule Timed Emails on Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Mac
Of course, we can! Also, the Outlook versions may vary as the previous versions had the Send Later option.
How to schedule timed emails on Outlook Online
Let’s see how we can send a timed email on Outlook Online.
- Open the Outlook app on Mac.
- Compose a new email by clicking on the New email button.
- On the new email drafting window, fill in all the details such as the email ID of the recipient, the subject, and the email body on Outlook.
- After this, click on the arrow beside the Send option.
- The Schedule Send option will pop-up. Click on that.
- Next, a calendar window will pop-up where we can choose the date and time to send the email on Outlook.
- Finally, click on the OK button and the email will get scheduled.
The email will be dated and saved in the drafts folder until the date selected. Even if Outlook is not open on our computer, the email will still be sent.
Note: The Send Later option on Mac only emerges when the recipient’s email domain is @outlook.com. It doesn’t show up for IMAP and IPOP domains like @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
How to Cancel a Scheduled Email on Outlook Online
Often, we need to cancel an email that wasn’t meant to be sent or scheduled. Since the scheduled emails are stored in the drafts folder, we need to start there.
- Open the Drafts folder on Outlook.
- Open the email that needs to be cancelled.
- Click on the sending icon of an email.
- The options of cancelling an email will appear.
- Tap on Cancel Send.
- Press Yes to confirm.
Since the email will remain open, we can send the message immediately or at a later time on Outlook.
Moreover, only Outlook 2016 for Mac 15.36.1 and later versions with a Microsoft 365 subscription support the cancel option. Similarly, it doesn’t work for IMAP and IPOP domains like @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
How to Schedule Timed Emails on Outlook Online for Windows
Dive in to know the method to schedule email on Outlook Online for Windows.
- Open the Outlook application on Windows.
- Further, click on the New Email button on the top left side.
- Doing this will open a new window where we draft a new email on Outlook.
- Next, add all the details like recipient’s email ID, subject and the body of the email.
- Moving forward, before sending the email we need to set the date and time.
- To do that, click on the Options tab on top on Outlook.
- Several features under the Options tab get displayed.
- At the end, press the ellipsis icon.
- A drop-down will crop up. Hit the Delay Delivery button.
- A new page emerges where two options are already selected by default:
- Do not deliver before – This means that the email won’t be sent before the date and time we choose. We need to set the date and time, after which the email will be sent on Outlook.
- Save copy of sent message – With the help of this option, we can save a copy of the email.
- Once the date and time are set, press on Close.
- Finally, we hit the Send button on the top right side.
As a result, email delivery gets delayed with this setting in the Outlook app for Windows.
How to Schedule Timed Emails on Outlook Online Web
For Outlook web, the settings may differ a bit. But worry not! I’ll describe the steps of sending a scheduled email on Outlook web.
- Go to Outlook.com and sign in by providing the credentials.
- After logging in, click on New mail on the top left side.
- A window will crop up where we need to add the receiver’s email ID, the subject, and the body of the email on Outlook.
- Once editing the email is done, tap on the down arrow beside the Send option.
- Options will appear, press the Schedule send button.
- Further, a new window will occur where we can choose from the options given to send the email.
- Otherwise, we can tap on Custom time to enter the desired date and time for scheduling the email.
- Lastly, hit the Send button.
Thereafter, the scheduled email will get stored in the drafts folder of Outlook until the selected date and time of sending the email.
Can We Send Scheduled Email Right Away on Outlook Online Web
Definitely we can! For this, we need to open the required email in the drafts folder.
- Open the Drafts folder on Outlook web.
- The email will open in a new page on Outlook.
- Beside the editing pencil icon, click on the down arrow.
- A drop-down menu will emerge.
- Hit the Send Now option.
As a result, the email on Outlook will be immediately sent to the recipient.
How to Schedule Timed Emails on Outlook for Microsoft 365 for iPhone
In the case of iPhones, it’s pretty easy to schedule an email on the go. Have a look at the guidelines below.
- Open the Outlook application on iPhone.
- On the home page, click on the plus sign ‘+’ icon to draft a new email.
- A new page will pop-up.
- Draft a new email with all the necessary details like the receiver’s email ID, subject, attachments, and the email body.
- Next, hit the calendar icon on the lower left side of Outlook.
- A menu will crop up. Select Send Availability.
- Another window will open up with date and time settings.
- Select the date and time for when the email needs to be sent out.
- Finally, click the tick mark icon on the top right corner of Outlook.
- It will go back to the previous page. Here we can see the date and time of the scheduled email.
- Lastly, press the send button.
Thus, the scheduled email is preserved in the drafts folder of Outlook Online on iPhone until it gets sent.
How to Schedule Timed Emails on Outlook Online for Android
Additionally, android also has the arrangement of scheduling an email on Outlook. Let’s see how we can do that.
- Open the Outlook app on android.
- On the home page of Outlook, tap on the editing pencil icon in the lower right corner of Outlook.
- On the next page, draft a new email with details of the receiver’s email ID, subject, and the email body.
- After drafting the email, press the calendar icon below on the iPhone screen.
- A menu will crop up. Select Send Availability.
- Again, a new page will open up. Here, choose the date and time to schedule the email on Outlook.
- Next, press the tick mark icon on top.
- As a result, the scheduled date and time tab will appear in the draft email page.
- Lastly, tap the send button.
Consequently, the email will get scheduled and stored in the drafts folder of Outlook until it gets sent to the recipient.
From this article, we can deduce the methods to schedule an email on Mac, Windows, web browsers, iPhone, and Android. Furthermore, I have also talked in detail about any issues we might face with the Outlook versions and updates. So, if you can’t see some features on your Outlook app then check the version of the app.
Read the entire article to know the explanations behind the issues we face. Hope this article resolves any problem that you might come across.
You may also like:
- 4 Methods to Sync iPhone Contacts with Outlook
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook? [3 Practical Ways]
- How to Set Up Email Format in Outlook?
- 5 Effective Method to Set Password in Outlook
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.