For most of us, WhatsApp is an essential app in our lives. The messaging app is a great help when it comes to talking to our friends and family members. But what if you are moving to a new device? You surely don’t want to leave your WhatsApp chats behind.
This is where WhatsApp backup comes in place. WhatsApp backups are stored in Google Drive and in case if you don’t know how to restore the backup. Let me talk about how to restore Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive in detail below:
How to restore Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive on Android?
Restoring WhatsApp backup from Google Drive is a pretty easy job, and one should not have a problem with it.
But if you are doing it for the first time, a step-by-step guide surely comes in handy. However, before you start restoring WhatsApp backup from Drive, you need to ensure that you are using the same phone number and Google Account on your new device.
Else, you will not be able to take a backup from Google Drive and restore it. But in case, if you are using the same phone number and email address, then follow the below steps:
- At first, launch WhatsApp from your Android device.
- Tap on the three dots icon from the top right and select settings.
- Go to Chats > Chat backup.
- Tap on the Back-Up button and wait for the backup process to be completed.
- Next, uninstall WhatsApp on your current device.
- Now on your new device, sign in with the same Google Account and use the same SIM card.
- Next download WhatsApp from Google Play Store.
- After that, enter your phone number and follow all the on-screen instructions and create an account.
- After that, it will ask for permissions to look for backup. Tap on the continue button.
- Once WhatsApp finds the backup, tap on the Restore button and wait for WhatsApp to complete the process.
That’s it. Once everything is done, all your messages will get restored on your new device and you should not have a problem with it.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats From iPhone to iPhone?
There are two ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to iPhone. The first method is the iCloud Backup, and the second one is the WhatsApp iCloud Backup.
iCloud Backup is useful when you are moving all your data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone. But if you only wish to transfer WhatsApp data from one iPhone to another, WhatsApp iCloud backup would be helpful.
- At first, go to settings and tap on your Apple ID, and then tap on iCloud on your current device.
- Scroll down and tap on iCloud Backup and enable iCloud Backup on the next menu.
- Tap on Back Up Now to take an instant backup of your device.
- Go to the other device and start setting it up. In case if you already set up your device once, then reset it.
- After reset, your device will boot up, and once you are on the Apps & Data screen, tap on the Restore from iCloud Backup option.
That’s it. This will restore all your iPhone data to your new device, including the WhatsApp chats and media.
WhatsApp iCloud Backup:
- At first, ensure that iCloud Backup is enabled on both of your devices.
- From your old device, launch WhatsApp.
- Go to settings > chat settings.
- Then go to Chat Backup and tap on Back Up Now.
- Next, go to your new iPhone and install WhatsApp on it.
- Setup the app by following all the steps.
- Then, you will find the Restore Chat history option. Tap on it and follow all the on-screen instructions, and you are done.
Can I Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone using Google Drive?
Unfortunately, WhatsApp chats cannot be moved from Android to iPhone using Google Drive. The reason is that Android and iPhone run on two different operating systems. As a result, there is no official or direct way as of now to move Android WhatsApp chats to iPhone.
Along with that, iPhone uses iCloud for WhatsApp chat backups unlike Android using Google Drive. Hence, you will not be able to use Google drive to restore WhatsApp backup to your iPhone.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone?
Of course, I did mention that there is no official way to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. But yes, there are definitely third-party solutions are available. Among them, one such app is the MobileTrans.
However, do remember the fact that it is not really free to use the software. So you will need to purchase the software before moving ahead.
- At first, download the MobileTrans app from its official website and install it on your computer by following all the on-screen instructions.
- Once the software is installed, you need to connect both of your devices i.e: Android and iPhone to your computer using USB cables.
- Then launch MobileTrans app and select WhatsApp > Transfer WhatsApp messages option.
- Next, the software will display both of your devices. Also, ensure that the connection stays stable throughout the whole process.
- Now click on the start button from the below right corner.
- Then MobileTrans will start copying and restoring backup from your Android device to iPhone, and this will take a few minutes.
Once the process gets completed, you will see a message saying backup completed. Then do check your iPhone and see if the messages are restored or not. If not, run the process once again, and you should be good to go.
You may like:
- How do I save files to my phone from Google Drive?
- Error Creating Copy Google Drive
- How to Stop Spam in Google Drive
- Google Drive File stream not Working
- How to Stop Google Drive Upload for PC and Smartphones
- How to recover deleted shared files on Google Drive?
So that was all for your question that says how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. You should know that Google Drive’s WhatsApp backup feature only works with Android devices. So if you are moving from one Android device to another, Google Drive will help you out.
This will fix the below queries:
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive to iphone
- How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive to new phone
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive to pc
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive to iphone without pc
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive to iphone 11
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive in ios
- How to restore whatsapp backup from google drive manually
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.