Front and back printing is common but did you know it is possible to print two pages on one sheet side by side? This tutorial article takes you through how to print two pages side by side in Word. It also looks at printing word documents and other problems around it.
To print two pages side by side in Word online start by clicking on File and choosing the Print option. You will have a popup window with options. You will see a section titled Pages per sheet. Click on the arrow for a dropdown menu and select 2. In the desktop version, you must go to Layout in the print options and select 2 pages per sheet.
How to print two pages side by side in Word?
Microsoft Word offers formatting tools for printing documents. This ensures users to print books, brochures, and other materials without wasting paper. This section takes you through how to print two pages on a single page using Word online.
- Locate and open the document you would like to print. To find documents created in Word online you can log in to Office Online or Word Online. You can also access documents from One Drive.
- After you have opened the document scroll through it and check for the overall layout and formatting.
- Click on File in the top ribbon of the document.
- You will now have a menu on the left. Select Print from this menu. Alternatively, you could use the keyboard shortcut – Ctrl + P for Windows and Command + P for Mac.
- A preview window along with options will open as a popup window.
- You will in this menu see a section titled Pages per sheet. As a default, this is set to 1. To change it click on the arrow for a drop-down menu.
- From the options select 2 to print 2 pages per sheet.
- Once you have made the selection click on Save.
- You can then print the word document.
How to print two pages on one sheet in Word?
While using the desktop application of word online you not only have more options when it comes to formatting the text but also have a range of printing options. This section takes you through how you can format a document while printing it so as to print two pages on a single sheet.
- Look for the document on your computer and open it. If the document is created and saved on Word online you can either download it or click on Editing and from the dropdown select open in desktop application.
- Once you have the document open scan through it and go to print. This can be done from the file menu or by using keyboard shortcuts – Ctrl + P for Windows and Command + P for Mac.
- You will now have a popup menu on the screen titled print.
- This menu will have a preview of the document you are working on as well as formatting options when it comes to printing.
- Look through the menu you will see Copies & Pages with an arrow. Click on it
- You will have a dropdown menu. Select Layout.
- The screen will change a little and you will have Layout specific options.
- Go to the section Pages per Sheet and click on the number. As a default, you will have 1 in the box.
- Select 2 if you would like to print 2 pages per sheet.
- Along with this, you can also select the layout direction. This depends on the number of pages you would like to print and how these pages are to be read.
Once all the changes are made you can click on Print.
How to print a5 on a4 paper Word?
This is one of the most common questions when it comes to printing Word documents. A simple answer to this is Yes, you can customize printing to fit an a5 page onto an a4 paper. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Open the document you would like to edit.
- Click on File in the top ribbon of the document and select Print. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + P for Windows and Command + P for Mac.
- You will now have a popup menu with printing options on the right and a preview of the document on the left.
- Click on Print using system dialogue.
- You will now have another menu
- This menu will help determine the paper size and also allow you to choose the number of pages you would like to print per sheet.
- Go to the section titled Paper size and click on the arrow.
- You will have a dropdown menu with all the size options available. You can also click on Manage custom sizes and enter a custom size.
- Select A5
- Click on Layput. You will have a dropdown menu with another option. Select Paper Handling.
- You will have different options on the bottom
- Check the box next to Scale to fit paper size
- You will now have an option to select the paper size under Destination Paper Size.
- Select A4
Once all the changes are made you can check the preview of the document you would like to print and click on Print.
How to print a5 booklet on a4 paper?
Resizing documents works even if you need to print more pages of the document on a single a4 paper. Here is a guide to printing two or more a5 pages on a single a4 sheet.
- Go to File in the top ribbon of the document. You will have a menu on the left from this menu select Print. You can also use keyboard shortcuts to open the print menu.
- Once you have the print menu click on Print using system dialogue. This is open a new menu with printing options
- Go to the section titled paper size and click on the arrow.
- You will see the various options available, from among them click on A5
- Now go to pages per sheet and click on the number. As a default, you will see 1. From the dropdown menu select 2.
- You will also need to make changes to how the content will fit onto one page. You can choose the layout or Orientation. Click on either Portrait or Landscape.
- To print a document created in an A5 format on A4 you will need to specify the print page size.
- Click on Layout and select Paper Handling. Tick the box next to Scale to fit paper size
- You will see an option titled Destination Paper size.
- Click on it and select A4 from the options.
Now that you have all the selections made you can click on Print.
This article looked at the ways in which you can print two or more pages on a single sheet of paper. It also looked at printing an A5 sheet onto an A4 sheet. Using the options in the printing menu you can fit the content and print it easily.
Hope you found this tutorial helpful. Check out similar articles here:
- How to get rid of side-by-side pages in word online?
- How to see page breaks in Word Online?
- White space between pages in Word Online
- How to insert a table of content in word online
- How to set default font in word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.