Want to turn off the conversation in Outlook Online? Check this article for your needs to see how to turn off the conversation in Outlook Online.
Outlook is effective for point-to-point communication and also for group emails in the organization. Sometimes we don’t know how to turn off the conversation in Outlook Online.
Initially, I also faced errors while trying to turn off the conversation in Outlook but after some practical methods get rid of some minor errors. Kindly go through this article and try this simple and easy method.
- What is a conversation in Outlook Online?
- Turn off conversation in Outlook Online from Mac
- Turn off conversation in Outlook Online from Browser
- Turn off conversation in Outlook Online from Windows
What is a Conversation in Outlook Online?
Conversation allows us to reduce the mess in the inbox and follow the email merging all relevant titles together. However, if conversation View is enabled it will appear when we try to search for an email.
It is not immediately clear to first-time users how to turn this feature on/off, while those who have the feature will be turned on sometimes. But I can’t find how to turn it off. If you respond to an older email in a conversation with Conversation View enabled, you may see the following message:
You are not responding to the recent message in this conversation. Click here to open it.
Turn off Conversation in Outlook Online from Mac
We can temporarily stop using an email account in Mail, then enable it again when we are ready to use it. When the account is disabled, its messages will not be shown in Mail.
- It’s easy to turn conversations on or off. In Mail, choose View > Organise by Conversation.
- For single conversations, click the message count at the top of the message.
- For all conversations, choose View > Expand all conversations.
- If you don’t want to show all the emails anymore, choose View > Collapse All Conversation.
Exclude Email from a Conversation in Outlook Online
- Choose Mail -> Settings, click Viewing, then deselect Include related messages from Mac device.
- Choose View -> Hide Related Messages in Outlook Online.
Turn off Conversation in Outlook Online from Browser
The following instructions will allow us to enable or disable this feature in our Microsoft Outlook Online application.
Open Outlook applications from a browser such as Chrome, Internet explorer, or Firefox.
Go to the settings icon or gear icon, and click on that to see View all Outlook settings to turn off conversation in Outlook.
In the Settings page, click Mail and also simultaneously click the Layout option. Under Message Organization then choose according to your wish disable (Uncheck) the check box to turn off conversation in Outlook Online.
We can enable or disable (Turn on or Turn off) conversations by checking or unchecking the checkbox in Outlook Online.
Turn Off Conversation in Outlook Online from Windows
This is also the few-step process in Outlook Online from the (Windows) desktop application. Check the below steps to do so.
Open Microsoft Outlook from the desktop application to turn off the conversation in Outlook Online.
Click the View tab at the top of the Outlook home screen. Click the Current View and click Show as a conversation in Outlook Online.
Click the check box that says Show as Conversations. To turn it off just uncheck the box.
Select the folder to which you want to apply to view the conversation. Since I am unable to see the check box if you can see the check box just uncheck it to turn off the conversation in Outlook Online.
Here we come to the conclusion in this article. These are all the simple steps where we can enable or disable the conversation in Outlook Online.
I trust all these methods help you out in changing the conversation method. You can temporarily change these according to your requirements in Outlook Online.
You may also like:
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook Online? [3 Practical Ways]
- 4 Methods to Sync iPhone Contacts with Outlook Online
- 4 Methods to Create a Signature in Outlook Online
- How to Change Outlook Online Theme? [4 Ways]
- 4 Ways to Use Category in Outlook Online
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.