Have you ever used the Poll feature in Microsoft Outlook? This is the right page you landed to check how to create a Poll in Outlook Online.
Creating a poll in Microsoft Outlook is a useful feature that allows us to gather opinions, preferences, or feedback from our colleagues or contacts. Polls can be an effective way to make decisions, and plan events.
In this tutorial, you will go through the steps to create a poll in Outlook, making it easy for you to gather and analyze responses efficiently.
Create a Poll in Outlook Online Desktop Application
Let’s see how to create a poll in the Outlook Online desktop application.
- Open Microsoft Outlook in the desktop application.
- Click New Email on the Home page of the Outlook Online desktop application.
- Click the Insert option and also click the Poll option to take a poll in the Outlook online desktop application.
- Now Polls page will appear on the right side and click the Sign-in option to proceed further.
- Now the Poll will be asked for the questions with multiple options.
- Here I am taking the example of which days a team can make a video whether it is a weekday or a weekend.
- Now the poll will be ready with the proper format. We can take a poll with the team members.
- Once you give Add to email, the Poll card added message will appear. If you want to edit, then click Back to edit option.
- Now the Poll function will appear in the body of the email, Give the email ID in the To field you want to send to the respective persons and click Send.
- Once you send this, people will start voting based on their choice.
- You can see the result how many people voted and for which options they have voted.
This is how we can create a Poll in the Outlook Online desktop application.
Create Poll in Outlook Online Web Application
Let’s see how to create a Poll in Outlook Online Web application.
- Open Microsoft Outlook in a browser such as Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
- Click New mail from the Home page of the Outlook online web application.
- Before scheduling the poll in the Outlook Web application, make sure you have given the address in the To field, click the Insert option, and finally click Scheduling Poll.
- Now the scheduling poll option will appear. Here I have taken meeting details for the poll. Give the Time zone, Duration, and Date to create a scheduling poll in the Outlook online web application.
- Now choose the location and click Create Poll to schedule a poll in the Outlook web application.
- Now click Send to take the poll from the number of people you send. So that the person will vote.
- Click View Poll details to check how many people have responded to attend the meeting.
- Once they receive it, they can see the option whether they are available. If they are available they will give Yes, else No.
- If the scheduled person wants to cancel the Poll, they can click Cancel Poll. Once you click Cancel Poll, it will ask for the confirmation. Click Yes to continue.
Now the poll will be canceled and the meeting will not be scheduled. This is how we have created and canceled the poll in the Outlook Online web application.
By using this Poll function in Outlook online, we can make a proper decision to engage with the team members, and the final decision can taken wisely in the organization. Effective communication and thoughtful planning are important. Using polls is a valuable tool in our Outlook Online toolbox.
You may also like:
- How to Save and Use Email Content in Outlook Online
- How to Use Stock Images in Outlook Online
- How to Use Excel Tables in Outlook Online
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.