Unaware of exporting the contacts in Outlook Online? This is the right page you came to see how to export outlook online contacts to excel.
Many users and businesses use Outlook as their primary email service to manage their contacts. But unfortunately, it is not effective for a large number of contacts.
For this reason, we have created this guide to help users learn proven methods to export Outlook contacts to excel.
I have tried practically to export the contacts but faced an error too. After much research got some ideas. So, relax and go through the below process to do the changes in your PC.
- Export Outlook Online contacts on Mac
- Export Outlook Online contacts in Browser
- Export Outlook Online contacts in desktop applications
- Export Outlook contact group to excel via Copy & Paste
Export Outlook Online Contacts on Mac
Follow the below steps to export Outlook Online contacts on Mac!
- Initially go to tools in the toolbar of the Mac, select the contacts folder, and simultaneously click export.
- Select the items to export contacts from a Mac device.
- Save it to a .olm file.
Once the export is completed, the CSV file can be used to import contacts if needed.
Read also How to Create and Share Contact List in Outlook Online? [6 Methods]
Export Outlook Online Contacts in Browser
Here are the simple steps to export contacts in Outlook from the browser.
- Open Microsoft Outlook Online application from a browser such as Chrome, Internet explorer, or safari.
- Make sure that you have already created a contact in Outlook Online. If not create a contact by clicking the people icon in the left side pane. Click Add a contact option.
- After clicking Add a contact option, the page will show to fill in additional details. Fill in the required details and click Save, so that the contact will be saved in the Outlook application.
- Once the contact is created, we can see that name in the Outlook email. On the top of the page click Export contacts from Manage contacts.
- Click on Export again for confirmation then csv excel files will be downloaded.
This is how we can export all the contacts from the Outlook Online application.
Export Outlook Online Contacts in Desktop Applications
Exporting contacts from Outlook from the desktop application is also as easy as you think. Let’s check the below steps to proceed further.
- Open Microsoft Outlook from a desktop application to export contacts.
- Click Open & Export and then also click Import/Export.
- Now, click Export to a file in the Import and Export wizard and click Next.
- Select the comma-separated values option and then click Next.
- In this step, click contact again and click Next.
- Click Browse and choose the name and location for the exported file.
- Click Next and also click Finish.
Though it has more steps compared to the browser since it is an easy and simple method to export contacts in Outlook Online from the desktop application.
Export Outlook Contact Group to Excel via Copy & Paste
We can easily export the Outlook contacts group to excel by using the copy-and-paste method. This method might look impossible, but still, it works all the time. Besides, it is a more straightaway method compared to explained prior.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application on the desktop.
- Click People view at the end page of the left corner.
- Search the List option in the current view and click it.
- Now copy (CTRL+C) from the required contacts and paste them into excel which is on the computer.
The above method is as simple as easy compares to all the above methods.
I have given enough information regarding the exporting of contacts in Outlook Online. I trust this article helps out in creating the export contacts.
Even I have touched on how to create a contact in the browser as well. So please follow each and every step in different ways to see the export contacts in Outlook.
You may also like:
- 4 Ways to Use Category in Outlook Online
- How to Change Time Zone in Outlook Online? [3 Ways]
- How to Make an Email Group in Outlook Online? [4 Ways]
- How to Embed a PDF in Outlook Online? [5 Simple Ways]
- How to See List of Reminders in Outlook?
- How to Open MSG File in Outlook Online?
- Why is Outlook Calendar Not Syncing? [4 Methods]
- How to Print Emails on Outlook for Microsoft 365? [5 Techniques]
- How to Change the Default Font in Outlook? [5 Main Ways]
I am Susanne Winberg and I work as an Outlook online expert. I love staying in New York, United States of America, and I have 10+ Years of experience using outlook and outlook online. I enjoy sharing my knowledge on Outlook with others through Outlook tutorials, Outlook tips, and tricks. Read more