When you create a document in Microsoft Word as a default content will align on the top. As this is a common requirement for most documents created it is a default feature. This tutorial article takes you through how to move to the bottom in word online.
There are various ways to move the text to the bottom of your document. You can use Enter and move the text to the bottom. You can also insert a text box into the document, insert the text required, and then move it to the bottom of the page.
How to add text to bottom of a Word document without textbox?
Here are the steps to move text entered into the document to the bottom in Word Online.
- locate and open the document you would like to format.
- Start by typing in the content that needs to be moved to the bottom of the page.
- Now click on the first character of the content.
- Use the Enter key to move the content down to the bottom of the page.
- To see the Enters that have been used you can use the paragraph mark option.
- Go to the Home tab in the top ribbon of the document.
- Click on the paragraph mark symbol.
- You will see that all the Enters used are symbolized by it.
Caution: Using Enter may move other content that is already formatted. You may need to reformat the text after more content is added to the document.
How to add text to the bottom of a Word document with text box?
The easiest way to move the text to the bottom of the page is by inserting a textbox. This way the content moved around won’t disturb the formatting. Here are the steps you can follow to add a text box to the document and move it to the bottom of the page.
- Locate and open the document you would like to add text to. Log in to Office Online.
- Once you have the document open click on Insert in the top ribbon
- Under Insert, you will see a section titled Illustrations. Click on Drawing
- You will have a popup window with a grid.
- Click on Insert
- Under insert, you will see the Text box option
- Click and drag a text box into the grid.
- You can click on the text box and add the required content.
- Use the Shape options to format the shape, style, and other aspects of the text box.
- The Text option on the other hand can be used to format the text added to the text box.
- Click on arrange and you will have a dropdown menu with options on how the text box will sit against other text in your document.
- you can click on Save and close and see how the text box will look in the document.
- You can then move it to the bottom of the page by clicking on it and dragging the box.
How to write at the bottom of a page in word?
In the desktop version of Word online, you can automatically move content to the bottom of the page just above the footer. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Locate and open the word document you would like to edit. Documents created on Word online can be downloaded or opened in the desktop application.
- Once you have the document open click on Insert in the top panel in Mac.
- From the various options available click on and select Text box
- Select text box again from the menu extension
- Drag and draw a text box in the document you are working on
- Click inside the text box to activate it
- Type in the required content
- After you have added the text click on the Shape format tab in the top ribbon of the document.
- From this tab, you can format the text box by changing the shape, color, or position. Use the Home tab to change the font of the text inserted.
- To move the text to the bottom click on Arrange under Shape Format
- You will have various options Select Align.
- Under Align, you can choose Align to Bottom from the Vertical section.
By doing this the text box will move to the bottom of the document just above the footer. You can then adjust the height of the text box and make other formatting changes.
How to write in the bottom margin in Word?
Here are the steps you can follow to add text to the bottom margin of the page. You can use the layout tab and customize the bottom margin of the page.
Click on Layout > Go to margin > Custom margins and > specify the bottom margin size. You can also set these settings as default. Here are the steps to write in the bottom margin.
- In the desktop version of Word, you can add text to the bottom margin by double-clicking on it.
- Doing this will open the footer menu and you will be able to insert text into the footer.
Footers can also be added to a document from the Insert tab in the top ribbon.
- Click on insert in the top ribbon of the document
- From the options available click on and select Footer.
- You will have various formats to choose from.
- Click on the one that suits your needs best.
While working on Word online you can add content in the footer by following these steps.
- Click on insert in the top ribbon of the document
- You can then Select Header & Footer
- You will have a grid like this to insert content. This helps in placement.
How to move a paragraph in word to the bottom of the page?
Here are the steps to move a paragraph to the bottom of the page in Word.
Use Enter to move the paragraph to the bottom
Using Enter is the fastest way to move a paragraph to the bottom of the page. Here is how to do it.
- Click on the first word of the paragraph.
- Your cursor should move to the left of the word.
- Hit Enter
- Continue using Enter till the paragraph reaches the bottom of the page.
Use layout options to move text to the bottom of the page
Using the layout option is the best way to move the text to the bottom of the page. If you are using the desktop version of Word you can double-click on the vertical ruler and you will have the Document options menu.
Start by selecting the paragraph you would like to move to the bottom.
- Under Page, you will see a Vertical Alignment section.
- Click on the arrow you will have a list
- Select bottom
- Click on OK
This tutorial article took you through the various ways to move the text to the bottom of the page. It also looked at moving an entire paragraph to the bottom as well as inserting text in the footer.
Hope you found this article informative. Check out similar articles here:
- How to access all your online word files?
- How to remove transparent background in word online?
- create a template in word online
- How to make part of a line right align word online?
- How to move text to bottom in word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.