Want to turn off the notifications in Microsoft Outlook? This is the right page to check how to turn off notifications in Outlook Online.
There will be specific reasons to turn off notifications in Microsoft Outlook, such as focus on particular work, privacy, reduced distraction, etc.
Sometimes it will be a headache or stress too, if we keep getting notifications even when we are aware of it. I tried turning off notifications in Outlook and shared the steps to do so. Let’s get started to turn off Microsoft Outlook without delay.
Turn Off Notification in Outlook Online in MAC
Similar to Windows, Microsoft Outlook for Mac can send notifications when receiving new mail. Follow the below points to check from the MAC device.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application and select Outlook -> Settings on the menu bar from the MAC device.
- In the Outlook Preferences page, select the Notifications & Sounds options.
- Disable or uncheck the box Display an alert on my desktop to turn off Outlook desktop notifications.
- To enable notifications, uncheck the checkboxes to get the notifications in Microsoft Outlook Online from a MAC device.
This is how we have to disable notifications for Outlook Online MAC devices.
Turn Off Notification in Outlook Online Desktop Application
Let’s see how to turn off Outlook notifications in the desktop version of Microsoft Outlook Online.
Step-1: Open the Microsoft Outlook desktop application.
Step-2: Click File options at the top of the Home page in the Microsoft Outlook Online desktop application.
Step-3: Scroll down to see Options on the Account Information page and click on that to proceed next step to turn off notifications.
Step-4: Click Mail on the Outlook Options page to turn off the notifications.
Step-5: Scroll down to see the Message arrival, and uncheck the boxes then click OK to turn off notifications in Microsoft Outlook Online desktop applications.
This is how we have disabled or turned off notifications in the Microsoft Outlook Online desktop application. To turn off check the box and click OK.
Turn Off Notification in Outlook Online Web Application
Similar to the Outlook desktop application, we can turn off notifications in the Outlook Online Web application. Follow the below steps to do so.
Step-1: Open Microsoft Outlook in a browser such as Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
Step-2: Click Settings or the gear icon at the top of the home page of the Microsoft Outlook web application.
Step-3: Click General -> Notifications and under In-app notifications, disable or uncheck the options and click Save to turn off the notifications in the Outlook Online Web application.
By doing this, we can turn off notifications in the Microsoft Outlook online Web application.
Reasons to Turn Off Notifications in Microsoft Outlook Online
Below are the brief reasons for the reason why to turn off notifications in Outlook Online.
- Customized Email Checking – By turning off notifications in Outlook Online, we can check our emails at our convenient time instead of getting frequent notifications while doing work. This can be exclusively helpful when we want to spend specific time slots to email management.
- To Reduce Stress – Frequent receiving of notifications leads to stress and anxiety. Turning off notifications reduces the headache of giving replies immediately. Personally, it will reduce stress and help me focus on work.
- Better Sleep – If you receive emails for the whole day, disabling notifications before bedtime can help you get a more restful night’s sleep, as you won’t be disturbed by email alerts.
- Selective Attention – You can choose to enable notifications for specific emails or contacts that are particularly important, that allow you to give more importance if really matters.
In this Microsoft Outlook tutorial, you have learned this simple technique of how to disable or turn off notifications in Microsoft Outlook Online. This tutorial covered both desktop and Web applications as well.
Ultimately, the decision is based on our choice. Some person wants to enable it so that they won’t any important emails, and some people want to turn it off to avoid unwanted stress and headache.
You may also like:
- How to Enable Email Receipt Notification in Outlook Online
- How to Manage Outlook Online Email Capacity
- How to Disable Spam in Outlook Online
- How to add new fonts to outlook online?
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.