Making labels has always been associated with either basic labels done using tables or ones created using fancy editing tools. Did you know that you can now create labels without stressing about the size, placement, or other things alike? This tutorial article takes you through how to start labels in Microsoft word online.
To create labels in Word online start by downloading a template. Templates are available on the Office Online website. All you need to do is type in the keywords. You will have options to choose from. Select the one that suits your needs and open it in a browser. Now edit it and you can print or save your labels.
How to start labels in Microsoft word online?
You can easily create labels on Microsoft word online wising a few simple steps. Here is what you can do.
- Start by opening a new document. This can be done by logging into the word online website or by going to the file section of the document you are working on and selecting the New option.
- You can now search from the templates available.
- Another way to look for templates is by going to templates.office.com
- Here click on the search option
- You will need to select Word to get Word-specific templates.
- Type in Labels in the search bar and hit enter
- You will have a list of options to choose from. Each template comes with a small note with the number of labels per page. This gives you a fair idea of the size.
- Select the one you like and click on it.
- You will now have a page-long description of the label. information about the size and other details. you will also have a preview.
- If you would like to word on it click on Open in browser. You also have a download option if you are working on the desktop application
- You will now have a new word online document with the template.
- Add in the details and you are good to go.
Similar article How to make an online form in Word
Steps on printing labels from word online
Once you finish editing the template you can either print it or save it. Here is how it is done.
- Start by clicking on File
- You will now have the file menu. Click on Print
- The extended menu will have an option called Print under the Print section.
- Click on it for the popup menu.
- You will now have a preview of your labels.
- In the Dropdown menu on the right hear Destination you can choose to save the document as a PDF. You could also print it using Microsoft Print to PDF.
- Click on Print to get a physical copy of your labels.
Check this article on How to put a list in alphabetical order in Microsoft word online
How do you make labels in Microsoft Word online?
To make labels on the desktop application of Microsoft word you can either use a template or use the mailing option. Here is how it’s done.
How to create a label in word using a template?
- To create a label in Microsoft word start by opening a new document.
- You can search for templates in the New section. Start by typing in Label in the search box.
- You will have several options to choose from with details on how many labels on a page.
- Click on the one that you like and would like to work with.
- You will now have more details about the label and a Create option
- Click on Create and you will have a new document with the labels already formatted.
- You only need to add in the details you like and print them.
How to create a label in word using Mailings
The other option when it comes to creating labels on the desktop version is by using the Mailings option. Here is how it is done.
- Start by opening a new document in the desktop application of word online
- You can now click on Mailings in the top ribbon
- Under Mailings, you will have the section to create Envelopes and Labels.
- Click on Labels.
- You can add in the details and customize the size and also quantity using the popup menu.
- From here you can print the label with ease.
The only drawback while using the mailings menu is that you need to manually create the label. These are basic labels and are not as attractive as the templates.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can print labels created on word online. All you need to do is click on File. you can then select the Print option from there. Once the Print option is selected, you will have a preview of how the labels will look. you can then choose to either save it as a PDF or print using the Microsoft print to PDF.
To create labels on a mac system start by opening a new document. Then go to mailings and click on labels. You can then add in the details and print them when done.
If you are not a fan of DIY labels, download a template by typing in keywords in the search box. You can choose from the options available and edit the labels. These can be printed or saved as a PDF.
Labels are easy to create using templates or the mailing option in the desktop application. Hope this information was helpful. This tutorial took you through
- How to start labels in Microsoft word online?
- Steps on printing labels from word online
- How to create a label in word using a template?
- Steps on how to create a label in word using Mailings
- Can you print Labels from Word Online?
- How to start labels in Microsoft word online on a Mac system?
Check out similar articles here
- How to remove space after paragraph in word online
- Understanding how to convert Word file into Excel file online
- Steps on how to put a subscript in word online?
- How to move an image on top of another on Microsoft word online
- Microsoft word online how to copy and paste
- How to transfer Word online doc to google docs
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.