Formatting a document correctly is essential to ensure your message is clear and visually appealing. One effective way to create a visually pleasing layout is to center the text on a page. If you’re using Word Online, the process for centering text is relatively straightforward, but it’s essential to follow the correct steps to ensure your document looks professional. This tutorial article takes you through How to put text in the center of the page in word online.
To Centre text in a Word online document start by selecting the text that you would like to format. After selecting you would need to click on the Home tab. You can then go to the paragraph section of the tab and click on the Center button. If you want the entire document centered use the keyboard shortcut for Select all and then center the text.
How to put text in the center of the page in Word online?
Aligning text is one of the most basic formatting components. Fortunately, Microsoft Word provides a setting that will enable you to change the alignment of the text on a page, whether you need it to be left or center aligned. This section looks at different ways in which you can align text in the center of the document.
- Start by selecting the text you would like to align
- Click on the “Home” tab in the top ribbon
- From the options available click on the “Center” button in the “Paragraph” section
Alternatively, if you want to center an entire document on the page, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the “Layout” tab at the top ribbon of the document.
- Go to the “Margins” button
- You will have a dropdown menu
- Click on Custom Margins. You will have a popup menu
- Go to the Layout section
- In the “Page Setup” or Page section you will have an arrow.
- In the Vertical alignment section select Centre
- Be sure to select Apply to “Whole document”
- Click on the “OK” button to apply the changes.
How to center text in word using a keyboard?
Here are the steps you can follow to center-align text using a keyboard.
- Start by highlighting the text you would like to align. This can be done by moving the cursor to the first word then clicking and dragging across the text without releasing the click.
- A transparent blue box should now surround the text.
- The keyboard shortcut to center align the text on Windows is Ctrl + E. If you are using Mac the shortcut is Command + E
- You can use these shortcuts to toggle between the existing alignment and center alignment.
Note: Any text added to the section will have similar formatting.
How to center text in a text box in Word?
If you are working on a word document chances are you will need to insert a text box. This section of the tutorial looks at how you can center-align text in a text box that has been added to a document.
- Click on the Text box and select it
- Select the text that has been added to the box
- Go to Home in the top ribbon of the document.
- Now under the paragraph section click on the center align icon.
- The selected text will align.
Note that this will align all the text in the center of the text box. If you want to move the text to the middle you will need to follow these steps.
- Select the text box you want to work with
- To choose the text box, click on its edge.
Once the text box is selected you will see the Shape Format option next to the developer tab in the top ribbon of the document
- Click on Shape format and you will have formatting options.
- Go to the text section and click on the arrow for more options
- Now click on Align Text and select Middle.
By doing this all the text selected will move to the middle of the text box.
How to align text in the middle of a shape in Word?
You cannot directly enter text into a shape in Word, To add text select the shape and then insert a text box. Once a text box is added you can easily enter the text. Here is how to align this text
- Highlight or select the text that needs to be formatted.
- Go to Shape Format in the top ribbon
- From the options go to the text section
- You will then have a drop-down menu
- From the options Select Align Text
- Now you will have another menu. From there select middle.
Your text will now move to the center of the textbox. Use the corners to increase or decrease the size of the text box. You can then click on the walls of the box and move it around the shape in a manner that the text entered is in the center.
- Select “Format Shape” by performing a right-click on the shape’s edge. In the Format Shape box that opens on the right, select “Text Options,” then select the text icon denoted by a green A.
- To apply text wrapping at the shape’s edges, use the “Wrap Text in Shape” checkbox.
- To resize the shape to fit your formatted text, select “Resize Shape to Fit Text” from the text options in the Format Shape window.
How do I center text in the middle of a cell in Word?
Tables are added to documents to illustrate data in a more organized manner. This section takes you through the center alignment process of text that has been added to a table in Word.
- Click the Centered button on the Formatting toolbar after selecting the text that you want to center.
Note: Click Center in the Paragraph group on the Home tab of Microsoft Office Word 2007.
- Click Paragraph under Format in the top section of the document after selecting the text you wish to center.
- Change the Centered value in the Alignment box on the Indents and Spacing tab, and then click OK.
Note: Click the Launcher for the Paragraph Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Word 2007. Change the Centered value in the Alignment box on the Indents and Spacing tab, and then click OK.
Before you apply the Centered formatting style to the first column, do it to the other columns in the inserted table that you want to be centered.
This article looked at How to put text in the center of the page in word online? The formatting options for word online are fairly simple. Select the text that you would like to align and then choose the center align option from the top ribbon. This article also looked at how to align the text that is added to a text box and in a shape.
Hope you found this article interesting and informative. Check out similar tutorials here
- How to add page count in word online?
- How to insert a bookmark in word online
- How to make Word Online table of contents hyperlink?
- How to double underline in Word Online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.