Word online is an important tool when it comes to collaborative work. It is convenient and increases productivity as you can work from anywhere without having to carry the documents on external storage devices. This tutorial takes you through how to print from word online.
How to print from word online? To print a document from word online you will fit need access to a printer, this device needs to be connected to the laptop or desktop you are using. you will then need to review the document and click on Print under the File section.
Printing documents from word online
Printing from word online is not difficult. Follow these simple steps
- Open the document you want to print in word online. you will need to signin to your account on the browser. you can however look for the document on one drive
- Once you have the document ready review it
- After the reviewing process is done click on File
- The file menu will take you out to the main menu
- Click on the three dots on the left to reveal a few more options
- Print is one of these options
- Click on print
- On selection the screen should look something like this. where you get a prompt.
- Select the option
- On selection you will get a preview of the document.
- You can check all the pages of the document and how it will look after printing.
- You can cancel the print if you are unsure of certain pages or would want to add some more content ot format the document some more.
- Once you are satisfied with the print preview
- Select the Print option
Other than for printing Print options are used to save documents into PDFs.
How to print from word online on an Android device?
When it comes to cellular devices they have become easier to work with on the go. along with editing documents on your android device, you can also print from it.
This is conditional on the fact that there is a printer connected to the phone or tablet. Here is how you can print from an Android device
- Open the document that needs to be printed.
- Go to the eniting options and tap on the three dots on the right side od the screen.
- This will open a menu at the bottom
- Click on the Print option.
- If you do not have a printer connected to your device you can send the document to one that is connected and complete the printing process.
- Once you click on the printing option, you will have a preview. check the preview and approve the print.
- You can however use this option to save documents as PDFs on your device.
How to print from word online on an iOS device?
To print a document from an iOS device follow these steps
- Select the document you woul like to print
- Go to the main menu and tap for more options
- Once you have the options choose Print from the list
- one the option is chosen you will get a preview of the document.
- review and approve the print.
- it may so happen that the printer cannot be connected to the phone or tablet, in such cases you can send the document as a pdf to another device that has printer access.
- you can also use the print option to save word online files as a PDF.
How to print specific pages from word online?
When it comes to printing a document it is not necessary that you print all the pages. You can pick and choose. For this go to File > select Print >
In the print preview near pages, u will have two options All or Custom
Choose custom and enter the page range. After you have entered all the details click on Print.
other than printing specific pages from word online you can also change the number of pages you want to print per sheet and the scale of the print.
The obvious cause when it comes to trouble printing documents from word online is the printer not being connected or properly configured. Make sure that the printer is connected and it shows as an external device in your system. Try printing documents saved on the computer. If that happens then maybe there is an issue with your network. Another reason could be that the file is corrupt or you do not have permission to edit (which affects the ability to print)
To print in color you first need to have a color printer. When you choose the Print option you will have a choice, you can either choose from color, black and white, greyscale. Choose the color option. You can look at the preview and approve the print. In a nutshell, Got to File > select Print > Select Color.
when it comes to printing documents created in word online you have various page sizes to choose from. This includes letter, tabloid, A3, A4, A2 and many more. To get to these options you will need to go to File > Select Print. When you get to the preview menu click on more settings. Here you will find an option to change the paper size. Choose the one that you require and click Print.
Hope you found this article useful, it took you through
- Printing documents from word online
- How to print from word online on an Android device?
- How to print from word online on an iOS device?
- Printing specific pages from word online?
- Why can’t I print documents from word online?
- How to print in color?
- How to change the paper size while printing a document from word online?
Check out other tutorial articles here
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.