Changing the format of the content in Word is not complicated. There are various options available in the top ribbon of the document. Sometimes you may feel that the periods added to the document are not big enough. This tutorial article takes you through how to make all periods bigger on word online.
To increase the size of periods added to Word online documents click on the period and increase the size. If you need to increase the size of multiple periods go to the Find and Replace option under the Home tab. Type in . in both the empty spaces and format the replace section to the font you would like.
How to make all periods bigger on word online
Increasing the size of periods is a common trick that students use to make their essays appear bigger. Word online may not have the advanced formatting options like the desktop version of Word but it indeed can be done. Here are the steps you can follow to make the periods bigger in Word online.
- Start by logging in to Word online using your credentials and opening the document you would like to edit. You can also log in to one drive and access the document from there.
- Click on the Home tab in the top ribbon of the document.
- Under the various options available click on the find symbol. The magnifying glass icon.
- You will have a dropdown menu with two options Find and Replace.
- Find will help you look for a word or symbol you are looking for. Replace on the other hand will replace a word or symbol with another.
- In Word online, you do not have the option to customize the replace symbol. Click on Find.
- You will now have a pop-up window in the Search for section type.
- Hit Enter
- You will now have a list of all the periods used in the document.
- Go to the first one and click on it.
- You will be redirected to the spot on the document where the period is. Click on the period. Now click on Home and increase the font size.
- Copy the period.
- Now go to the second sentence on the Find list. Click on it and go to the period in the document. Select the period and paste the one you have copied.
- Do this for all the results in the Find window.
- Save the Document. You can now print or send the document as usual.
How to make all periods bigger in word on mac
To alter the size of all the periods in a word document on your Mac system here are the steps you can follow.
- Go to Finder and open the document that you would like to edit. Alternatively, you could open Word and select the document you want to work on from the home page.
- Once the document is open you can click on the Find icon (it’s the magnifying glass). On Mac, it is located in the right corner near the name of the document. You can also use the Keyboard shortcut Command+F.
- The arrow on the left will have two options as a dropdown menu. Select Replace.
- You will now have a pop-up window – Find and Replace.
- Click on the settings wheel for more options
- Here Select Advanced Find and Replace. A menu will popup
- Click on Replace
- In the Find section type .
- The Replace with section type . You will see a downward-facing arrow on the left under the Replace bar. Click on it
- You will now have various formatting options Go to the Replace section.
- Click on Format for a dropdown menu.
- Select Font
- Go to Font Size and click on the arrow
- You will have a list of font sizes to choose from. Select the one that you would like to change the font to.
- After the font size is selected you will notice that there is a Format specification under the Replace bar.
- Select Replace All
- After the replacements are done you will have a popup notification like this.
- Click on No. If you want to start a new search click on Yes.
- Your document can now be saved and printed.
Manually increase the size of periods in Word
The size of the periods can also be changed manually. For this select the periods in the documents manually by keeping the Command key pressed. You can then click on Home and increase the size.
How to make periods bigger for MS Word on Windows?
You might need a long essay (at least visually) or might need someone to read the article with proper punctuation. Whatever the reason, here is how you can increase the size of all the periods in your MS Word document on your Windows system.
- Start by locating and opening the Word document that you would like to work on. You can do om explorer or Word.
- Once you have the document Click on Home and go to the Replace tool under the editing section. This is generally located on the right of the ribbon.
- Click on the tool and you will have a pop-up menu on the screen.
- You will now have a section to enter the character to find. In this box type .
- In the Replace with section type in .
- You will see an arrow that opens up more options at the bottom. Click on it.
- In the Replace section click on Format and select Font
- The Font menu will have options to change the font type as well as the size. Go to the size section and specify the size.
- Click on OK
- You will now have a format specification under the Replace bar.
- You can either use replace or replace all.
- if you want to see how the period will look click on replace and then go to Find next and replace the other one. If you want to replace all the periods click on Replace all.
- The changes will be made to the document. Save and close, send or print.
Another way of doing this is by selecting all the periods and increasing the font. To select all the periods keep the shift key pressed and click on all the periods. After the periods are selected you can go to Home and increase the size.
How to increase the size of periods on Android devices?
Here is how you can increase the size of periods in Word documents on an Android device.
- Download the Word application from the store and log in to your office online account.
- Tap on and open the document you would like to edit.
- Enable editing
- Go to search and type in .
- You will have a list of all the periods used throughout the document.
- As you do not have the formatting option under replace you will need to change the font size manually.
- Do it for the first one and then copy the desired size.
- You can then go through all the periods and increase the size.
How to increase the size of periods on iOS devices?
Here are the steps you can follow to increase the size of periods in a word online document on iOS
- Download the application and log in to your account
- Open the document you would want to edit
- Enable editing to make changes to the document
- Go to Find and type in .
- You will have a list of all the periods used
- Tap on the first one and increase its size
- copy the formatted period
- Now go to the next one and paste the period
- Repeat for the entire document.
There are various reasons why you would want to increase the size of periods added to a word document. This article tutorial took you through the different ways in which it can be done. As there are no advanced options in Word online you will need to do it manually using the Find tool. But on Mac and Windows systems it can be done in a jiffy using the Replace tool.
If you want to replace only a few periods use the Replace option followed by Find Next. The Replace all option is the most convenient when it comes to working with all the periods in the document.
If you liked this tutorial and found it helpful check out similar tutorial articles listed below.
- How to change the file name on word online
- How to print addresses on envelopes on word online
- Word document shortcut keys for mac
- How do you eliminate extra spacing in word online
- How to add a horizontal line in word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.