Screenshots and images make documents presentable and interesting. In word online you can add them using a few simple steps. In this tutorial, we take you through how to insert screenshots in word online.
To add a screenshot to your word online document click on Insert and > go down to the Pictures section. Under the Pictures section, you will have various places you can upload the picture from. Click on the option to locate your image > Select the image > and click on OK.
How to insert screenshots in word online
Adding pictures to documents help understand text clearly, they also help make the seemingly boring text interesting. Whatever the reason here is how you can add a screenshot to your word online documents. Follow the steps listed below.
- Open word online from the brouser or login to your one drive account
- Click on the document you would like to edit or create a new document
- once you have the document open click on the Insert tab
- this will give you a number of options to choose from. from among those choose Picture
- Once you click on Picture you will have options that redirect you to the image you would like to insert.
- This Device: picture from your computer can be added to your document
- Onedrive: pictures saved on onedrive can be added to the document
- Stock images: this includes high quality pictures and backgrounds
- Bing Pictures or other options alike: images from over the internet can be added to the document.
- On selecting one of the options above you will get a prompt asking you to choose the image.
- You can look into folders or search images using the search option available.
- Once you have the image in front of you click on it to select it then click on OK or insert.
- You will now have the image in your word online document.
How to insert screenshot in word online on an android device
To add screenshots to documents on the go using an android device is simple. Follow these simple steps.
- Open word online on your browser. Alternatively you can open onedrive or use the word application for android devices.
- now open the document you would like to edit. You can also start a new document.
- Tap on the editing options on the top right corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Tap on the arrow near home for the extended menu
- Choose insert
- Under insert you will have various options
- Choose Pictures
- You have have two locations to choose from Photos or you can chick a new picture.
- As you are inserting screenshots they will generally be stored in the photos section.
How to insert screenshot in word online on an iOS device
Follow these simple steps to insert a screenshot in a word online document using your iOS device.
- Open the word application on your device. You can also login to ondrive or use the browser to login to word online.
- If you have been working on the document it will show up in recent. It can be accessed from the recent tab on the bottom. you could also start a new document or search one from the folder.
- Once the document is open tap on the edit options to get the editing menu at the bottom
- Here click on home for more options
- Select Insert and you will have a list of options
- Scroll down to Pictures and tap it
- You will now have pictures to choose from
- Select the screenshot you would like to add from the list.
How to resize screenshots in word online
Screenshots captured on the laptop, PC or Phone tend to grab a shot of the entire screen. This means that you are sure to have a lot of additional space or content that is not of use.
For this, it becomes important to crop or resize the image to remove unnecessary content or data.
Resizing the screenshot can easily be done by opening it in a photo editing program like paint. here you have a crop option that can be used to edit unwanted data.
On mobile devices, if you open the image in the gallery you can edit the picture using the edit option.
Screenshots can be edited on word online as well here is how it can be done
- Select the image and it will get dots or arrows on the edges
- use thes arrows to drag the image to the desired size
- Once you have inserted the screenshot (picture) click on it
- The picture willbecome lighter and will have extension dots on it
- It will also highlight the Picture menu that willshowup near Help
- Click on Picture
- From the options click on Crop
- You will now be able to crop the image inserted in your word onlie document
- The Picture option also has an option to change the aspect ratio of the image
- you can also make changes in the height and the width of the image
If you are unsure about how to take a screenshot on your laptop or PC here is how it can be done:
On Windows laptops or PCs
Use the print screen button on your keyboard
Or CTRL + PrtSc (Print screen)
Or Win + Print Screen
Or Windows + Shift + S
On Mac OS laptops or PCs
Shift + Command + 3
Here is how you can take a screenshot from on your phone
On Android devices
To take a screenshot on your Android device depending on the phone press the power button + volume down key together for a few seconds
You can also go to settings and include gestures to make the process simpler
On iOS devices
Side button + Volume up button at the same time for a few seconds – For models with face id
Side button + Home button together for a few seconds – For models with Touch ID and the Side button
Hope you found this tutorial helpful it covered
- How to insert screenshots in word online
- How to insert screenshot in word online on an android device
- How to insert screenshot in word online on an iOS device
- How to resize screenshots in word online
- How to take a screenshot on a phone
- How to take a screenshot on a phone?
Check out our other tutorial articles here
- How to make a graph in word online?
- How to track changes in word online?
- Difference between word online and word
- How to put a list in alphabetical order in Microsoft word online
- How to merge cells in word online?
- transfer Word online doc to google docs
- How to insert captions in word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.