Pictures make a great addition to documents. You can easily insert pictures in google docs either from your computer or the internet. Here is a tutorial on how to insert online pictures in word online.
To insert an online picture in word online start by opening the document. you then need to click on the Insert tab. Click on Picture under insert and choose Bing Pictures. Search the type of image you would like to add and select insert.
How to insert online pictures in word online
When it comes to adding pictures to a word document you have two options. Either you use an image from your device or you can use one from over the internet.
Here is a step to step guide on how you can include online images in your word online document.
- Start by opening a new word online document. This can be done by logging in to office online. You can also open an existing document by logging in to the one drive website.
- Then click on the Insert tab
- Under Inset you will have a number of options. including Picture.
- Click on picture for a drop down menu to choose the location.
- Select Bing Pictures.
- Here you will find pre catagorised images as well as search bar on the top.
- If you are looking for something specific you can search it by typing in a name or description.
- Hit enter after you have entered the name of the object, emotion or service you are looking for
- As soon as you type in your key word or key words you will need to hit enter and volla.. you have a bunch of images.
- You can also filter out the results using the filter option
- All you need to do now is click on the image or images you would like to include
- The images you select will have a small tick on them
- If you notice the Incert button at the bottom will also specify the number of images you have selected.
- Once you are sure of the images you would like to include. Click on insert.
- The images will now showup in your document.
- Once you have the image or images in your word online document you can easily edit it (them) using the editing options available.
How do you insert an online picture?
Another way to include an online image in your word online document is by using the following steps.
- Start by conducting a search on google. Enter the keywords you are looking for.
- Once you have the image open it in a new tab. This can be done by right clicking on the image and selecting the open in new tab option. (you can skip this step but we recommend you doing it to make sure that you get the entire image and to see that it is infact the right one).
- From ther right click on the image and select the save option
- You will then get a popup window. choose the location where you would like to save the image.
- Now that you have the image saved open word online.
- Click on the spot where you want to add the image
- Go to Insert and select Picture.
- select the option from this device.
- You can now brouse through the computer and select the image
Drag and insert method to insert online images
Another way of doing this is by using the drag and insert method here is how it is done
- Open the older containing the picture and minimize it. You will need to reduce the size of the overall window as well.
- Now open your word online file.
- Go back to the folder and open it. it should be over the word online file.
- Now that you have them in position simply click on the picture and drag it without leaving the click.
- Drop the picture in the word document.
The only issue while using this method is that it messes up the formatting of the document as there is no specific place where the image will sit. you can try and drag it to the right spot.
Check out How to add a header in word online?
Frequently asked questions
To insert an online picture in Word you will need to click on the Insert tab. Under insert, you will have a Picture option. here you can choose from where you would like to choose an image. Click on the Bing Pictures option to choose an online image. To add multiple pictures simply select all the pictures from the list that you would like to add. Once the images are selected click on Insert.
Yes, it is possible to include online images while working on a mac device. for this, you will need to open the word online folder and choose the file you would like to work on. then select Insert from the top ribbon. under insert click on Picture and select the bing picture option.
You can now browse through images from over the internet. once you have an image you like simply add it to your document by clicking on the Insert tab.
With android devices, you can add images that are saved on the phone or those that are clicked from the camera. if you would like to add an online picture you will need to save the image on your phone first and then insert it into the document.
Hope you found this article informative and helpful. It took you through
- How to insert online pictures in word online
- Steps on how do you insert an online picture?
- How do I insert multiple online pictures into Word?
- Can you add online images in word online on mac?
- Is it possible to add an online picture in word online on an Android device?
Check out similar articles here
- How to place text over an image word online
- Tips on how to change default setting in word online
- How to share word documents online
- How to print addresses on envelopes on word online
- Steps on how to save a Microsoft word document online?
- How to add borders in word online?
- How to put citations on word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.