Word online is designed to enable collaboration. Hence, it is easy to edit and share documents while working on Microsoft Word Online. This tutorial article takes you through how to email from word online.
To email a document from word online start by clicking the share option from the top ribbon. You can also select the share option from the File menu. You can then edit the permissions, add a message and send the document as an email.
How to email from word online
When it comes to sending documents created and edited on word online you can follow these steps.
- Start by opening the document you would like to share. This can be done by logging in to the Office online website. You can also access word online documents from the one drive website or desktop application.
- Now that you have the document open click on File in the top menu.
- The File menu has various options to choose from, select Share
- If you are looking for easy access to the share option select the Share button on the top ribbon.
- The Share menu has a few details that you will need to remember.
- You first need to edit the permissions the user will have. You can choose from ‘Can Edit’ where they can freely edit the document. ‘Can View’ here the user can only view the document and not make any changes to the content.
- Once you have edited the permissions. Type in the message or the body of your email.
- Then enter the Email of the recipient in the top box
- Once you have filled in the details click on Send.
There is also an option to copy the link to the document. If you do not want to send the document from here you can copy the link to the clipboard. The link can then be pasted into your email.
Check out this article on How to make MLA format in Word Online
How do I send an email from Microsoft Word to Gmail?
The documents created and edited using word online can be downloaded and sent as an attachment. Here is how it can be done
- Start by opening the document you would like to send.
- Now click on the File tab to open the menu
- Click on the save as option and save the file on your computer.
- Now that you have a local copy of the document you can easily attach it to emails.
- To send the document as an email start by opening your email.
- Compose the message and add the recipient.
- You can then attach the document from the folder it was saved in.
- Hit send once the document is attached.
Documents can be saved as Word documents or .doc, PDF, or ODT. They will be sent in the same format.
How to share word online documents on Mac
Follow these steps to email a word document from mac.
- Start by opening the document you would like to share.
- You can then click on the Shae icon and invite people to collaborate.
- The permissions given to other users can be edited from the dropdown menu.
- You can then save the document to the cloud and then email it to collaborators.
- The document can also be sent as an attachment by saving it on the computer and attaching it to a mail.
How do I email from Word app on Android?
Files created and edited on word online can be sent as an email using your android device. Here is how it can be done.
- Start by opening the document you would like to send in the Word application on your Android device.
- Now in the top bar, you will see the share option. Select this for a menu on the bottom of your screen.
- The share menu has two options, you can either send the link to the document or share the document as an attachment. Either way, you can share the document via email.
- If you select the as a link option you can edit the link and copy it to your clipboard.
- You can now log in to your email on the phone and paste the link to send the document.
- If you choose to the share as attachment option you will be able to attach the document to an email from the Word application itself.
- You will have an option of sending it as a Word document or converting it into a PDF before sending it.
- Choose the option that fits your needs best.
- You can then edit the body of the email and send it.
Similar article How to see edit history in word online?
How do I email from word on ios?
The Word application is available on the ios devices in the store. You can download and sign in to your account from there. Here is how you can share documents created on word online.
- Open the document you would like to share
- Select the share option from the menu
- You can then choose to attach the document to a mail or copy the link available
- Paste the link into an email and send it to other users.
Before sharing word online documents it is important to edit the permissions. This way you can restrict editing.
As word online is a collaborative tool, sharing it as an email is a simple task. Hope you found this tutorial article interesting and helpful. It took you through
- How to email from word online
- How do I send an email from Microsoft Word to Gmail?
- Steps on how to share word online documents on Mac
- How do I email from Word app on Android?
- How do I email from word on ios?
Check out similar articles here
- How to set default font in word online
- Steps on how to save a Microsoft word document online?
- How to share word documents online
- Understanding how to insert screenshots in word online
- How to insert a cover page in word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.