Tables are great when it comes to assimilating and presenting data. Word online is great especially if you are collaborating or just working on the go. This article takes you through everything you need to know about how to adjust the cell height in word online.
To adjust the height of a cell in word online simply hover the mouse on the top edge of the cell. The shape of the arrow will change into an = with arrows on the top and bottom. You can then click and drag the cell to adjust the height.
How to adjust the cell height in word online
There are various reasons why you would need to adjust the height of a cell. It could be that the data you need to add requires more space or you need to add an image. Either way in this section we will look through how we can adjust the height of a cell in Word online.
- Start by opening the document you would like to edit by logging on to the Office Online website.
- If you are unsure about adding a table to your word online document click on insert and go to add table
- To increase the height of a cell in Word, hover on the top wall of the cell.
- The mouse arrow will change to an = with arrows on the top and bottom.
- To adjust the height of cells all you need to do is click and drag the walls once the arrow changes shape.
Similar article How to transfer files to word online
How to adjust the height of all the cells in a table on word online?
When attempting to adjust the height of a cell using word online it increases or decreases the height of the entire row. here is how you can distribute the rows in word online.
- If you alter the height of a cell the entire row will increase in height
- To increase the height all you need to do is hover the mouse on the table.
- It will change its shape to an = with arrows on the top and bottom.
- Simply click and drag the walls of the cell to the desired height.
Remember – You cannot isolate cells and increase their height. so the height of the entire row will increase.
wen you increase the height of two or more rows in a table it looks disproportionate. To fix this you can
- Select the table
- Go to the table menu that pops up once the table is selected.
- Under Table click on distribute
- Here, you will find two options one to distribute columns and one to distribute rows.
- Select Distribute Rows.
- once selected your table will have a more uniform look.
How to resize a table in Word for Mac?
When resizing a table on your mac device here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by accessing word online documents from the one drive application on your device.
- You can then insert a table if you haven’t already done so.
- Now click on the cell that you would like to resize.
- You have two options, either you do it manually by dragging the cell wall to increase the size or use the resizing tool.
- When resizing manually be sure to enable a ruler so that you can have an idea of the height.
- The automatic resizing option is part of the Layout menu
- Start by going to the layout section. Here you can specify the height or width of the rows selected or the entire table.
- You can use the distribute rows option to give the table a clean and uniform look.
Check out How to see edit history in word online?
How to change row height in World for Windows?
Are you wondering how to resize a table in Word for windows? Here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by opening the document from a local folder or the word online desktop folder.
- Click on the table that needs to be resized.
- Hover the mouse on the walls of the cell or row whose height you need to increase.
- Once the arrow changes shape you can drag and resize the cell.
Another way of resizing is by using the ruler on the side. here is how you can do it
- Start by selecting the table
- You can then click on the ruler on the side and use the click and drag motion to move the cell borders.
The best part about using the ruler is that you can have rows of a similar size.
How to automatically change the height of a table in Word for windows?
If you are not a fan of adjusting the height of rows manually here is how you can do it
- Start by clicking on the table to select it and to open two additional tabs on the top ribbon
- You will now click on Layout
- Under layout, you will see the cell size section
- Adjust the size using the top and down arrows.
once you have the heights adjusted for two or more rows you can use the Distribute rows option to even out the table.
How to change cell size in word online on android devices?
Word online can be easily used on android devices by downloading the free application. Here is how you can adjust the size of cells using your phone.
- Start by tapping the edit option to open the edit menu
- the menu is located at the bottom. This menu can be used to add tables to the document you are working on.
- If you already have a table tap on it to select it.
- The table menu will open on your screen.
- from here you can choose the cell size option
- Adjust the height of the cells by typing in the desired height in the box.
- select the check option to save the changes made.
How to change cell size in word online on iOS devices?
if you are planning to use your iPhone or iPad to edit the tables in word online. start by downloading the word application. You will then need to log in to your one drive account to access the files saved on it. Here is how you can adjust the cell height
- Select the editing option once you open the document. without this step,
- You will not be able to make changes to the document.
- Tap on the table to select it
- The table menu will have an option called Cell size, select it
- Now enter the specific size under height.
- Be sure to save the changes before you exit the document.
When it comes to changing the cell height of a table in Word you can do it manually by clicking and dragging the cell borders. You can also use the ruler if you are working on the desktop application. the best option however is to use the automatic height resizing option.
Hope you found this article helpful here are some of the topics it touched upon
- Adjusting the sell height for tables in Word online documents.
- Using the click and drag option to resize cells in tables.
- Increasing the height of cells on mac devices
- How to change the cell size for tables in word on an android and iOS device
Check out similar tutorial articles here
- How to insert online pictures in word online
- Understanding how to add google fonts to word online
- How to place text over an image word online
- How to change the default setting in word online
- Steps on how to add a running head in word online
- How to print Word doc with comments on word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.