Fonts tell a story and some stories require a unique font. It gives a certain flair to the document and adds a touch of creativity to an otherwise boring document. In this article, we will take you through how to add fonts to word online
How to add fonts to word online? If you are using the free version, The fonts available on word online are limited especially if you are using the free version. For premium fonts, it becomes necessary to purchase a subscription. Purchasing a subscription ensures that you can use all the fonts available in word online and also add more fonts to the list.
Adding fonts to word Online
Usually, we find occasions where the font library present in Word is not enough and we can find many fonts available if you purchase the Premium Fonts which unlocks many more fonts to choose from.
But what if these fonts are not enough and you would like to add your own custom font which you either created yourself or purchased from a third party
You can do this you will need a Windows 8 or later system and Microsoft word installed on the system.
Adding custom fonts can be done by performing the following steps:
• Download the Font to the windows system
• Font files are generally zipped. If this file is zipped, unzip the file till you find the TTP file
• Right-click the TTP file and select open with > Windows Font Viewer
• Select Install
• Go to the Window icon and search Settings
• In Windows Settings search Fonts
• Now select Font Settings from the menu
• You can see all the installed fonts on the system, scroll down to till you find the installed Font, take a note of the Font name
• Go to Microsoft Word which is installed on the same system and in the menu bar go to Home > Fonts and paste the name of the font you copied earlier
• Now you can edit the document with the custom font
How to install new fonts in office from Microsoft store?
Good fonts take ordinary documents to another level. In order to make new fonts available on your office apps on windows 10 use the following steps.
- Go to settings
- From there you can select personalisation by clicking on it
- Click on the fonts
- Click on ‘Get more fonts’ from the Microsoft store
- Select the font family that you like
- Click on the Get button
- You will now be able to see the fonts in your word folder.
How to install new fonts in office from installer?
If you have already downloaded fonts and want to install them follow these steps.
- Using installer
- Go to file explorer
- Browse through your download folder and locate the font file
- Most fonts are downloaded as zip files you will need to unzip the file before installing the font
- Once you have unzipped the file open it and click on install
- Using the context menu
- If you find the steps in the previous section a little confusing open File explorer > browse through the folder and look for the document.
- Right-click on the folder and select install or the install for all users option
- You will now have the fonts installed on your application
- Check the fonts by clicking on the home tab.
How to uninstall fonts in office using Settings
If you installed a font and do not like it too much and would like to delete it follow these steps.
- Go to settings
- Select personalisation by clicking on it
- Now select the fonts option
- Now select the font you need to delete
- Under metadata click the uninstall button
- Once you follow these steps you will uninstall the steps completely. They will now be available on your system.
To add fonts to word online they first need to be downloaded. Most fonts come in zip files and need to be extracted before installation. Extract the file and then go to settings. Click on personalization, here you will have a fonts section. You can now drag and drop your fonts in this menu under the add fonts section to install them.
Most fonts will show up as an extension in word online. You can download fonts from the store or from official font selling websites. Once you have installed the font all you need to do is drag and drop it in the fonts section in settings. Then restart the program and you will be able to use the new fonts.
To get more fonts on Microsoft word online they first need to be installed on the system. This can be done by looking for particular fonts online and then installing them. Fonts once installed can be added to word online by clicking on settings > personalization > fonts > select drag and drop the font files in the Add fonts section to install and enable them.
There is no official report about font customization. But you can download a number of fonts that can be used within the document. If you are looking for something specific check for its availability. There are chances you will find something similar on the internet.
It surely is possible to add fonts to word online from the phone. but we would discourage it. We suggest you download and install fonts on your computer. The installation process includes downloading, unzipping, and installing files. You can easily protect your computer from malware. Doing it on the phone on the other hand can compromise your device and the personal information on it.
Hope this article was helpful. It took you through
- How to add fonts to word online?
- Adding fonts to word
- How to install new fonts in office from Microsoft store?
- How to install new fonts in office from installer?
- How to uninstall fonts in office using Settings
- How can you add fonts to word online?
- Can you custom fonts in word online?
- How can I get more fonts for Microsoft word online?
- Can you customize fonts in word online?
Check out other tutorials
- How to do a hanging indent on word online?
- How to add page numbers in word online?
- How to double space in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.