Word Online is part of Office online or Office 365. Word online is advertised as a program that can be used on the go and a program that can be accessed from any device as long as you have an active internet connection. This tutorial article looks at how to access all your online word files.
To access all your documents that are created using Word online you can either log in to Office online and look at the list of files. Another way of accessing all the files created is by logging in to One Drive. Here you will find all the documents created using office online. You could also use the paid service – Office 365 this way you will have files available on your computer as well as on the go.
How to access all your online Word files?
Whatever you may use Word online for you will need to access the documents created frequently. The best part about Office online is that you can access the documents from a range of devices like laptops, desktops, tablets, or phones.
Here are the steps you can follow to access Word online documents.
- Open word online and go to a document you are working on
- Click on File in the top ribbon of the document
- You will now see a menu on the left of the screen
- Click on Home
- You will see recent documents on the right listed according to the date on which they were edited.
- If you cannot find the document you are looking for you can click on View more files.
- You will be redirected to the One Drive folder. From here, you can access all the documents you have created.
- Click on My files of this document you have created.
- If you are specifically looking for a file that was shared with you click on the Shared.
Where are word online files stored?
Files created on word online or other office online programs are saved on the cloud. You can access these documents by logging into the Office Online website. All you need to do is use your outlook account to log in.
- Once you have logged in to Office online you will have all the programs listed on the left.
- Click on Word and you will have a list of all the documents created on Word online.
- You can choose from recent documents or documents that were created some time ago.
- To look for a certain file you can use the search option.
- To access these documents all you need to do is double-click on the name.
If you don’t find the document you are looking for click on More in One Drive. You will be redirected to OneDrive. From one drive you can access all the files saved on the drive.
How to access word documents from another computer?
If you are looking for the documents you have created in Word online, here are the steps you can follow to access them.
- Type in one drive in your browser and go to the site.
- You can log in using your credentials.
- Once on the one drive website, you will have your name and a section titled My files.
- Here you can view all the files saved on the drive. If you have folders created to organize documents you will see them here.
You can access one drive from any computer. All you need is an active internet connection. To open a document double click on it.
How do I find all my Word documents on phones and tablets?
One of the most common questions on forums about Word online is if the files can be accessed from phones and tablets. The answer is yes. You can sync all the files created on Word online and access them from your phones and tablets. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by downloading the Word application. The Word application is available as a free download for both Android and iOS devices.
- Simply search for Word in the store and you can download it.
- You will need to log in to your office online account.
- Once you log in you can sync all the files created.
- After the syncing process is complete you can access all the files created using Word online.
- You can tap on documents to open them and make changes.
Remember: You will need an active internet connection to save all the changes made to the documents. Without an active connection, your changes won’t reflect on other devices.
How do I sync Word documents across devices?
Another common question when it comes to Word online is can I access my Word Documents from another computer? The answer to this is Yes, you can easily sync files created on Word online and access them across devices. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Create an account by logging in to Office online.
- Here you have access to all office programs.
- Click on Word and create a document.
- As Word online is predominantly online (as the name suggests) the files are saved online.
- It uses a cloud service called One drive.
- Users can use Word online from multiple devices. So, all changes are made to one file.
- This file can then be accessed at any time by logging in to Office online or One drive.
Hence, it is safe to say that in order to sync Word documents across devices you require two things. An Office online account and an active internet connection.
This ensures that you can log in to Office online from any device. All changes are saved on the drive. They are also visible on all devices.
This article looked at Word online a program that ensures anytime access. It took you through how to sync, edit and retrieve documents. Along with computers it also looked at accessing Word online documents on Phones and tablets.
The two main ways to access files namely by logging into the office online or word online website or by using One drive we looked at in detail.
Hope you found this article helpful. Check out similar articles here.
- How to put a list in alphabetical order in Microsoft word online
- How to separate pages in word online?
- Sign a document in Word Online
- How to move text to bottom in word online
- How to create a template in word online?
- turn on spell check in Word Online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.