SharePoint is a web-based platform that enables document sharing and collaboration within your organization. Adding a SharePoint calendar to Outlook online can make it easier for you to keep track of important events and meetings and to stay organized. Here is an answer to the most common question how do I add a SharePoint calendar to Outlook online?
To add a Sharepoint calendar to Outlook online start by opening Sharepoint. Now go to the option titled Connect to Outlook under the Connect and Export section. You will have a popup window, click on Allow and then Yes to add the calendar. Your SharePoint calendar will now show up in the calendar section of Outlook.
How do I add a SharePoint calendar to Outlook online?
Here are the steps you can follow if you are looking to add your SharePoint calendar to your Outlook account.
- Start by opening SharePoint and logging in to your account.
- Now go to the calendar section. The “Calendar” tab is in the ribbon at the top of the page.
- After you have gone to the calendar section you will see different formatting options. In the “Connect & Export” section of the ribbon, You will see the “Connect to Outlook” button. Click on it.
- You will then have a pop-up window asking if you want to allow the website to open a program on your computer. Click “Allow” to continue.
- Outlook will open, and you will be prompted to add the SharePoint calendar to Outlook. Click “Yes” to add the calendar.
- Once the calendar is added, you can view your SharePoint calendar in the “Calendar” section of Outlook online.
Add SharePoint calendar to Outlook mobile
Like most things, it is extremely convenient to use our mobiles and tablets to check our calendars and emails. In this section, we will look at how you can like your SharePoint calendar to Outlook using your phone or tablet.
- Download SharePoint and Outlook on your mobile or tablet from the store.
- Now go ahead and open the Outlook app. Login and then tap the “Calendar” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you see the calendar on your screen, tap the three horizontal lines. This icon is in the top left corner, doing this will open the navigation menu.
- Scroll down and select “Add calendar”.
- Select the option titled “From Internet” from the list
- Enter the URL of your SharePoint calendar in the “Link to the calendar” field.
- Enter a name for the calendar in the “Calendar name” field. This is helpful to distinguish between calendars.
- Tap “Add calendar” to finish adding the SharePoint calendar to Outlook mobile.
Can you view SharePoint Calendars on Outlook Mobile App?
Back in 2019, it wasn’t possible to view your SharePoint Calendar but now there is a workaround. You can follow the steps listed below to sync your calendar.
- Start by downloading the Outlook app on your mobile device
- Login to your account
- Go to the calendar section
- Tap on the three lines or dots for the navigation menu.
- Once you have the menu tap on the option titled Add Calendar
- You will then see an option to add calendars from the internet
- Here paste the link to your SharePoint calendar
- Now simply change the name to avoid confusion and tap ‘add calendar’.
The Share Point calendar will now sync to your Outlook account.
After completing these steps, the SharePoint calendar will show up in the Outlook app’s calendar list on your mobile device. Like any other calendar in Outlook mobile, you may view and control the events on this one as well.
Sharing a Share Point calendar
Now that you have a step to step guide on how to sync your Share Point, this section looks at how to share this calendar with colleagues.
- Click Sharing and Permissions in the menu that appears after clicking the three dots just below the newly created calendar.
- The Office 365 web interface opens the Sharing and Permissions window. To share this calendar with other Office 365 users and groups in your company, click the field and type their names in.
- Once you start typing names, auto-fill starts suggesting potential users, who are listed below. For example, if you share a calendar with someone it will show. Users and groups can be chosen in groups.
After choosing users and mailbox accounts, you should provide the chosen users’ permissions.
- If you want users to read all details without being able to alter the calendar, use the Can view all details option.
- The selected users have access to edit the calendar, including the ability to add events, remove events, edit events, invite other users, and share the calendar with others, if you choose the Can edit option.
- Click Share once you’ve chosen your users and permissions.
Creating an event
Here is how you can create an event in a calendar that is shared from Share Point to Outlook
- To add or change an event, double-click the date on the calendar
- A new window opens up with options for events to add. Enter the event’s name For example; the date: Tuesday Meeting.
- now proceed to invite the people that you would like to add to or invite to this event. Start typing their name and it will autofill if they are in your contacts.
- A comment or description can be added after choosing the start and finish times, date, repeating options, location, and reminder settings.
- To save settings to the calendar, click Send in the top left corner of the window.
A SharePoint calendar can easily be added to Outlook Online by following a few simple steps. This makes it simple to manage your schedule and stay organized because you can view your SharePoint calendar in addition to your other Outlook calendars. This process can be done on your phone as well.
All you need to do to sync your calendar on your phone is go to Outlook and paste the Share Point link into the box. To do it on your computer you can do it from Share Point itself and use the option under calendar and use the share using Outlook.
Hope you found this tutorial article on How do I add a SharePoint calendar to Outlook online interesting and informative. Check out similar articles here.
- Set Password in Outlook Online
- How to Remove Green Checkmark from OneDrive Windows
- How to Embed a PDF in Outlook Online?
- Make an Email Group in Outlook Online
- How to Turn Off Reminders in Outlook Online
- How to include original message in reply Outlook online?
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.