It’s simple to format a paragraph in Outlook online mail. To modify the font style, size, and alignment, and add bold, italics, or underlining, simply open a new email or reply, choose the desired paragraph, and use the formatting toolbar at the top of the page. Utilise lists with numbers or bullets to group information. This tutorial article goes into the details of how to format a paragraph in Outlook online mail.
To format a paragraph in Outlook Online select the paragraph that needs to be formatted. After the selection is done, go to the formatting toolbar. here you will find options to change the font, color, alignment, and other aspects of the paragraph. You can also set the formatting before you start entering the text.
How to format a paragraph in Outlook online mail?
Here are the steps you can follow if you need to format a paragraph in Outlook online mail.
- Start by logging in to your Outlook online mail account. Enter your id and password and you will be redirected to the main page.
- On the top left corner of the window, you will see the New Message button. Click on it
- You will now have two options, You can either create a new message or a new event.
- Click on New message.
- The new message window will open on the right of your screen.
- Click on the white section to enter the email text
- Once the text is entered select the paragraph you would like to edit. Do this by clicking on the first word of the paragraph and dragging the selection to the end.
- Now use the formatting tools in the top section of the mail to format the paragraph.
You can format one paragraph at a time or select the entire mail and format all the text.
How to format paragraphs in Outlook?
Here is how you can format paragraphs in Outlook online.
- Open your Outlook online account and begin writing a new email or responding to one that has already been sent to you.
- You can either choose the full paragraph or place your cursor in the paragraph you wish to format.
- Check the email composition window’s top for the formatting toolbar. Typically, it has options for font size, bolding, italicizing, underlining, and alignment. Apart from these, you have other formatting options that can be used.
- To change the appearance of the paragraph, use the formatting options. For instance, you can choose a different font type, alter the font size, underline or bold the text, or change the alignment of the paragraphs (left, center, or right).
- To further organize the material within the paragraph, use numbered or bulleted lists. In the formatting toolbar, find the list icons to create lists.
- You can check the formatting of the paragraph by sending a test email to yourself or by using the email’s preview function.
- Once you have the desired paragraph layout, make any tweaks that are required before sending the mail.
How to change line spacing in Outlook online?
Here is how you can change the line spacing in emails that you are writing in Outlook Online.
- Open your Outlook online account and begin writing a new email or responding to one that has already been sent.
- Put your cursor where you want the line spacing to be changed in the paragraph or choose the text you wish to change.
- Check the email composition window’s top for the formatting toolbar.
- Locate the formatting toolbar’s “Paragraph” or “Line Spacing” option.
- Select “Paragraph” or “Line Spacing” from the menu. There will be a drop-down menu with various settings for line spacing.
- Choose the appropriate line spacing from the drop-down menu, such as “Single,” “1.5 lines,” or “Double.”
- The selected text or paragraph’s line spacing will be changed appropriately.
- Check the line spacing in the email before sending it, and if required, make any more adjustments.
How to turn formatting marks on or off in Outlook?
formatting marks are useful to overview all the formatting done to the text in the document. It is represented by the ¶ symbol and is located in the format text tab in Outlook. Here is how you can turn formatting marks on and off in Outlook.
- Navigate to the email composing window in Outlook.
- Select the “Format Text” tab from the top ribbon.
- Within the “Format Text” tab, look for the “Paragraph” area.
- There should be a button labeled “Show/Hide Formatting Marks” or “Show/Hide Formatting Marks” under the “Paragraph” section. It frequently resembles the paragraph (¶) or crow (¶) symbols.
- Toggle formatting marks’ visibility by clicking the “Show/Hide” button.
- You will see icons for spaces, tabs, paragraph breaks, and other formatting elements in the email when formatting marks are enabled.
- Click on the “Show/Hide” button once again to remove the ¶ formatting marks.
How to Change Line Spacing in Outlook Online Desktop Application
Here is how to change the line spacing in Outlook online desktop application.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook desktop application.
- Click New Email -> Format Text-> Ellipses-> Line and Paragraph Spacing.
- Click again Line Spacing Options, then under Line Spacing, choose Exactly and choose the certain number from the dropdown list in At column.
Once done, click Ok to save the changes to change the line space in Outlook online desktop application.
How to change line spacing in Outlook signature?
The signature of your mail says a lot about you and your company. Here is how you can change the line spacing in the signature you have added to your Outlook mail.
- Navigate to the “File” tab in the top-left corner of Outlook.
- Choose “Options” from the menu on the left.
- the “Mail” tab in the Outlook Options box.
- Click the “Signatures” button under the “Compose messages” section.
- Select the desired signature from the list on the right of the Signatures and Stationery window.
- To access the signature editor, click the “Edit” button.
- Put your cursor in the area of the signature editor where you want to adjust the line spacing.
- Look for the “Line Spacing” or “Paragraph” choices on the formatting toolbar.
- You can change the line spacing by choosing an option, such as “Single,” “1.5 lines,” or “Double.”
- By selecting the “OK” or “Save” button in the signature editor, you may view your modifications.
- Close the window for signatures and stationery.
This tutorial took you through how to format a paragraph in Outlook online mail. You can modify a paragraph by selecting it and then using the formatting toolbar to alter the font style, size, and alignment, and add bold, italics, or underlining. Additionally, you can make lists with numbers or bullets. After finishing the email composition, preview the formatting and make any necessary changes then send.
Hope you found this tutorial interesting and helpful. Check out similar articles here.
- How to mark all messages by the sender as not junk in Outlook online
- Create Birthdays On Outlook Online
- How to Download All Mails from Outlook Online?
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.