In this step-by-step tutorial, I have explained in simple ways how to print from Dropbox by computer, iPhone, or android device.
As a technology user, I prefer Dropbox to store my files like photos, videos, and documents related to work. Dropbox is a place where we keep our files and cloud content together in a single place.
At my work, I have to print multiple files, and documents daily. Initially, I faced the issue of how to print a file from Dropbox, but after doing some research I found different ways to print files directly from Dropbox.
Here are the things I have listed in this article:
- How to print from Dropbox using a web browser
- How to print from Dropbox desktop
- How to print multiple files from Dropbox
- How to print from Dropbox using android
- How to print from Dropbox using iPhone
How to Print from Dropbox on Computer
Now, let us see different ways to print from dropbox on a laptop or computer. We can print from dropbox using a browser or from the dropbox desktop app.
Print from Dropbox using Mac
Follow the steps to print a file from Dropbox using Mac.
- Open the Dropbox app on the Mac device.
- Choose the file we want to print.
- Else, use the key command+P to print.
- Select the settings like color, paper size, paper type, and margins.
- Click on Print after changing your settings.
Print from Dropbox using a Web Browser on Windows
Follow the steps to print a file from Dropbox using a web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, safari, internet explorer, etc.
- Open Dropbox in your web browser and double-tap the files to print.
- The selected file opens on a new page, at the bottom of the page we can see a print icon, click on it.
- On tapping the print icon it takes to the settings page, check all the necessary settings like:
- Device name (name of the printer) – Make sure that the device is connected to the desired printer.
- Pages – Give the page number to be printed.
- Number of Copies – Make sure to provide a number of copies while printing.
- Layout, and Color – Give the desired color and select the layout for the page.
- Click on More Settings there is an option to change:
- Paper size, Paper per sheet
- Margins, Scale
- Options (for background graphics)
- After giving desired settings, click the print icon and the file starts printing.
We can follow the above simple steps to print files from Dropbox using a web browser.
Print from Dropbox using Shortcut Key
We can also print documents from dropbox using the shortcut key. For windows, open the dropbox document in the browser and press ctrl+P,
And if we are using Mac OS, then press command+P.
Print from Dropbox using Desktop App
To print a file or document from the Dropbox application.
- Open your Dropbox app on your desktop.
- Select the file or document to need to print.
- The selected file opens in the new tab, on the top of the new tab there will be a “…” ellipse, and click on Print.
- Click the print icon and the settings page will be displayed, change the settings like:
- Orientation (portrait or landscape).
- Paper size, Paper type, Paper tray, Page margins
- Scroll down the page, and More settings will be displayed, click on it and we can choose:
- Color mode
- Collation -The printer “accumulates” these pages together as a set rather than printing them one at a time
- Output quality.
- After giving the necessary color, paper, and other settings.
- Click on the print icon.
These are the standard procedures for printing files from Dropbox using desktop apps.
Print Multiple Files from Dropbox Desktop App
We can also print multiple files at once from our dropbox account.
Print Multiple Files from Dropbox Desktop App On Mac
- To print multiple Dropbox files from your Mac
- Open the Dropbox app on Mac Device and select the multiple files to print.
- Otherwise, use the shortcut key command+A to select the files.
- After choosing the Print icon, it will direct to a new page, where you can confirm the:
- Printer, paper size, quality, and paper type.
- You can also select the layout in the more option you can choose the color and printer properties.
- Click the Print option .
Print Multiple Files from Dropbox Desktop App on Windows
To print multiple Dropbox files from your desktop, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Dropbox app on your desktop.
- Select the files to print. Use the shortcut key ctrl+A to select multiple files.
- Right-click your mouse and a new tab display with many options click the print option.
- We are directed to a new page after choosing the Print icon, where we can confirm the:
- Printer, paper size, quality, and paper type.
- We can also select the layout in the more option we can choose the color and printer properties.
- Once verifying all the properties click the print option.
Shortcut Keys like ctrl+A and ctrl+P for selecting documents and printing to save time.
Print Multiple Files from Dropbox Web Browser
- Open Dropbox in your web browser.
- Click the box symbol in front of the file and a checkmark appears to repeat the same for all the files to print, as shown in the image.
- Once selecting the required files using the key ctrl+P, it directs to the print page.
- We can adjust things like color, paper size, paper type, copies, and layout on the print page.
- Click the print option once all the necessary changes have been made.
Use all the necessary shortcut keys to select multiple files and for the print option.
How to Print from Dropbox on Android
To print files or documents from Dropbox on your android devices:
- Open the Dropbox app on the android device.
- At the bottom, we can see a files option, tap it.
- Select the file from Dropbox that we need to print and click the three horizontal dots near the selected image, as shown in the picture.
- By clicking the dots, and click on the Print option, click on it.
- Click the print icon in the top right corner.
- Otherwise, click the pop-down arrow in the top right corner.
- The pop-down arrow drops down with All printers option, tap the option and select your printer.
- Suppose your printer is not available at first, click on add printer to add your printer’s name.
- Tap Default Print Service to add your printer.
- Once we add our printer, click the print icon in the top right corner to print the desired file.
Before that make sure the printer is:
- Capable of cloud printing.
- Registered and has Google cloud print set up.
- Printer manufacturers have their printing apps.
Follow these methods to make your printing process easy using your mobile.
How to Print from Dropbox App on iPhone
A simple way to print directly from the iPhone Dropbox app.
Note: Your printer should have an Air print facility to print from your iPhone.
- Open the document from the app you print on your iPhone.
- Open the folder and select the file you wish to print.
- Click the Export icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click the print option at the bottom.
- In the image, there are two print options, the first option is the default, and the second is the printer application that you use.
- Click the print icon that appears with your printer name/company.
- Click print for the final output.
- Neglect the two steps below if your printer’s name is saved already.
- If you did not select your printer, tap the Select printer option, it should display at the top of the screen.
- Select the name of your printer.
- If your printer is Air Print enabled printer, it appears at top of the printer options screen.
The methods listed above make it easy to print from Dropbox on an iPhone.
What to Check Before Printing
Before giving your files to the printer. Check some of the necessary settings
- Choose your paper wisely -Before printing the file, check the paper we are providing. Photo paper, A4 sheet, Inkjet papers, Bond and label papers, etc…. all papers have their strength and weakness so choose accordingly.
- Learn about color -Give your image, and text colors wherever necessary.
- Double-check your work -Check your work twice to make sure that everything is good.
- Preflight your document -Go through your document after completing it before taking it as a film.
- Calibration of the monitor -Calibrate the monitor for good color. It’s not possible to get 100 percent of what we see on the screen due to background light but having a good calibrating monitor gives us more or less the same view.
That’s the end of the article and I hope you have clarity on how to print from Dropbox via android, iPhone, and computer.
Follow the above procedure step-by-step, so that you can print your desired files as you wish.
Before giving the final print make sure you have given the correct file format, color, font size, whether you need a single or double side, number of copies, and select the correct printer and page you like to print.
You may also like:
- Advantages and Disadvantages of DropBox (You will ever need)
- How to Sign Out of Dropbox on your Device? [5 simple ways]
- How to Stop Dropbox from Syncing? [5 Effective Ways]
- How to Delete Files and Folders from Dropbox? [12 Effective Ways]
- How to Create a Folder on Dropbox? [4 Techniques]
- How to Get Storage Space on Dropbox? [7 Easy Ways]
Hello, my name is Lucas and I’m a Dropbox user and expert. I’m from the United States of America, specifically in New York. I love staying up to date on the latest tips and tricks, and helping others learn how to use Dropbox like a pro. In addition to being an avid Dropbox user, I also have a background in cloud storage platforms. I love creating how-to tutorials on everything from setting up Dropbox folders to automating file backups. Learn More About Me