Google Drive is a great way to share files. It is a very helpful tool for when it comes to working online whether you are a student or a working professional. It will allow you to access and organize all your Google documents, PDFs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and so on.
All in one place! It helps you store all the files in one place which becomes very convenient for people and also easy to access. We will tell you everything about how to export Google Drive files.
How to Export Google Drive Files
Sometimes the client or colleague or whoever you are sharing the file with might be facing troubles accessing your google Drive share link. Or you might need to export the file for any reason. You will need to export google drive files to share.
For example, with someone who might not use this cloud-based storage service or to post it elsewhere online. In such cases, you will need to export the file from Google Drive or save it in a different format to facilitate the sharing of the file.
1. Exporting as a different file extension
If you need to export the file in a different format then, first of all, open the file from google drive on your system. Now go to “file”.
You will find various options here such as rename, share, new, make a copy, and so on. Choose the download as an option. It will open another set of choices on the right side for you to choose from.
For example, if you are exporting a Google document then you will get multiple options to download them.
For example, as Microsoft Word document, OpenDocument format, Rich Text Format, PDF document, Plain Text, Web Page, or EPUB Publication.
You can choose whichever format you wish to download the file in and it will be downloaded to your device without any hassle!
These are the file extensions available in Google Drive from which you can choose to export a file:
- Docs: .docx, .odt, .rtf, .pdf, .txt, .html, and .epub
- Slides: .pptx, .pdf, .svg, .jpg, .png, and .txt
- Google Sheets: .xslx, .ods, .csv, .tsv, .pdf, and .html
- Google Drawings: pdf, .svg, .jpg, .png
Now that the file has been downloaded, you are free to share it however which way you want.
2. Exporting a Document to the Web
Did you know, you can directly publish the files from Google Drive to the Web? It is a very useful feature for those who create content for websites or blogs and so on. You have the choice to export the Google Documents or Slides on the Web directly.
If you make any changes in the file after publishing it, the changes will be made on the site it has been published as well. This makes it even more interesting.
To export the file to a website, you need to follow these steps
- First, open the Doc file from Google Drive on your device.
- Now go to the File option in the menu where you can see rename, download as, share, and other such options.
- You will find an option called “ publish to the web” there.
- Click on “publish to the web”.
- When you click on it, the “Publish To the Web” pop-up window will open with more details and a blue “Publish” button.
- Click on the “Publish” button to publish it on the web.
- If it is a Google Slides presentation then you can also choose how long each slide is. The option that will be displayed can also be specified in this window.
- You can also review and check everything before you hit “publish”.
- Click on Publish and then tap on OK button when asked for confirmation.
- Now you will also get a link to the published file which you can copy or directly share on other social media platforms through this pop-up window.
You can now also specify if you want the published content to be updated automatically when you make any edits in the document or not. In this window, if you will click on the arrow to the left of “published content and settings”.
Moreover, you will find a box beside which it is written, “Automatically republish when changes are made”. Check this box if you want the website where you have published the document to republish it automatically whenever you make any edits to the file.
How to Stop Publishing the Article on the Web
If you wish to stop publishing your article on the web, click on the arrow to the left of “published content and settings” in Publish to Web window. You will find an option called “stop publishing”.
Click on the stop publishing option. Now, it will open a confirmation again asking you to confirm if you wish to stop publishing the file. Click ok and you will be notified that your file has been stopped being published on the web now.
- How to Save an Email to Google Drive
- Advantages of Using OneDrive and Google Drive
- How to Save Word Docs to Google Drive
- Unzip Files on Google Drive on Desktop and Smartphone
- How to get unlimited Google Drive storage
Google drive is very easy to use and exporting files in a different format or publishing it directly on the to fileFileweb makes our lives even more accessible. You can also store a lot of files in it without hurting your device storage.
Now that you have learned how to export google drive files as well, you are now ready to easily share the files with everyone or access the files in your system even when that wifi goes down!
I am Carissa Gudinoa, a technology buff, and Office online and Apple expert with over 9 years of experience. I am passionate about helping others get the most out of their Apple devices. I have written extensively about Apple products and technologies. I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible service and am always up-to-date on the latest Apple products and features. I also write extensively on other software available for use at minimal cost or free. This includes Word Online, Outlook Online, Excel Online, and other Office online programs… Check out more.