Have you tried exporting the calendar in Outlook Online? Then check this Microsoft Outlook tutorial to check how to export calendars in Outlook Online.
Marking important events in Outlook is helpful. Exporting the Outlook calendar in Excel is an easy and few-step process. It will be easy to have a look if we save it on our PC. Let’s go ahead and see the steps to do so.
Export Calendar in Outlook Online
Follow the below steps to export a calendar in Outlook Online. This will be only possible in desktop applications.
- Open Microsoft Outlook in a desktop application.
- Click File at the top of the page to export the calendar in Outlook Online.
- Click Open & Export and simultaneously click Import/Export in Outlook online.
- Click Export to a file and click Next.
- Click Comma Separated Values and click Next to export the calendar in Outlook Online.
- Choose Calendar from the list of options and then click Next.
- Choose the location and click Next to move to the next step.
- Click Finish to export the calendar in the Outlook Online application.
- Now choose the date to export the calendar in the Outlook online application.
- Now we can see the Outlook Online calendar export in our chosen PC location.
This is the method to export calendars in Outlook Online.
Limitations of Export in Outlook Online
There are some limitations in this export method in Outlook. Follow the below points to see what they are.
Less Availability – As mentioned initially, this option is only available in some Outlook versions. So if you are using a desktop Outlook application, you can use this method, If you’re using a web application, we can not use this option at all.
Export Manually – Exporting the calendar in Outlook online is a simple method and we are doing it manually too. We have to manually do anything we want outlook data anywhere on the PC.
Outdated Data – Exporting the calendar in Outlook to PC is outdated. This means if any new meetings are planned, again we have to export manually to our PC.
If we required a simple way to export our calendar rarely then these limitations probably would not be a problem in any way.
Copy Outlook Calendar in Outlook Online without Export Options
Let’s see how to get the calendar events in Outlook Online without an export option.
Step-1: Open the Microsoft Outlook in the desktop application
Step-2: Click View at the top of the Home page in the Microsoft Outlook desktop application.
Step-3: Click the Calendar icon in the left pane then click the View option and parallel click the Change View option to copy the calendar in Outlook online.
Step-4: Once you click Change View, click the List option to copy the calendar events in Excel from the Outlook Online desktop application.
Step-5: Now you can see the events displayed in the Outlook. Copy all the events or choose the events you want to copy.
Step-6: Paste the events in a blank Excel sheet on the PC. So all your Outlook calendar will be pasted into the Excel file.
This is the easy method to copy the Outlook event in Microsoft Outlook Online.
From this, you got to know how to export calendar events in Microsoft Outlook Online. Additionally, I explained how to copy without export calendar events.
You may also like:
- How to Export Outlook Online Contacts to Excel? [4 Ways]
- How to Download All Mails from Outlook Online? [3 Methods]
- How do I add a SharePoint calendar to Outlook online?
- How to Send HTML Templates in Outlook Online
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.