The user interface of Outlook is customizable and user-friendly. You can make changes to not only the look and feel of it but also the default text in messages that you send. Here is a tutorial article on how to edit default text on Outlook Online.
When using Outlook Online, you can update the default text by logging into your account, clicking the “Settings” gear icon, choosing “View all Outlook settings,” selecting “Compose and reply,” and changing the default text in the “Message format” section. To update the default text, save your modifications.
How to edit default text on Outlook Online?
Here are the steps you can follow while editing the default text on Outlook Online.
- On your Mac, launch a web browser of your choice (such as Safari or Google Chrome).
- Use your Microsoft account to log in to Outlook Online by going to https://outlook.office.com.
- The “Settings” gear icon can be found in the top-right corner of the Outlook Online home screen. It is near your photo or profile icon.
- Choose “View all Outlook settings” from the bottom dropdown menu.
- From the many on the Left, click on Mail. You will now have options on the right.
- Click the “Compose and reply” button in the Settings pane that displays.
- The “Message format” part can be found by scrolling down. The default wording for new messages, replies, and forwards can be modified using the options found here.
- You will find two options in the “Default message format” menu. They are “HTML” and “Plain text”.
- If you choose the “HTML” option, you can change the default text by making changes to the text in the given text box. Text can be added or deleted, formatting can be changed. You can also add your own signature.
- To save your changes after finishing them, click the “Save” button at the top of the Settings pane.
How to set the default font on Outlook Online?
Here are the steps you can follow to set a default font in Outlook online
- Access Outlook Online by using a web browser to log in.
- The top-right corner of the Outlook Online window will have a “Settings” gear icon. Click on that.
- Choose “View all Outlook settings” from the bottom dropdown menu.
- Click the “Compose and reply” button in the Settings pane that displays. This button is typically found under the “Mail” section.
- The “Message format” part can be found by scrolling down. The default font settings can be changed using these parameters.
- To select your favorite font for new messages, click the dropdown menu next to “Default font”.
- From the options offered, pick the font size, color, and style that you like.
- To save your changes after making your font selections, click the “Save” button at the top of the Settings pane.
How to set the default text color in Outlook email?
Here is how you can change the color of the text that you enter into an email in Outlook online.
- Use a web browser to log into your Outlook Online account. type in your login details and you will be redirected to the main page.
- In the top-right of the Outlook Online window, click the “Settings” gear symbol.
- Choose “View all Outlook settings” from the dropdown option at the bottom.
- Now click on the “Compose and reply” option, which can be found under the “Mail” section, in the Settings window.
- To access the “Message format” section, scroll down.
- The default text color can be changed by clicking on the arrow near the A.
- You will see all the colors available.
- To select simply click on the color and save your selection.
Now when you type a new message you will see that the default color has changed to the one you had selected. You can repeat this process as many times as required.
What is a professional email font color?
It’s typically advised to go with traditional selections that guarantee readability and retain a professional image when selecting a professional email font colour. Here are some options to chose from:
Black: For business emails, black is the most popular font color. It has a formal and vintage appearance and is quite legible.
Dark Grey: Dark grey is a good choice if you want something a little softer than black. It provides a slight change to the regular email. It also ensures readability
Navy Blue: When it comes to professional settings, navy blue is a common choice. It is still formal and simple to read while still bringing in a touch of elegance.
Dark Brown: You might think about utilizing a dark brown font color for a welcoming and warm tone. It can offer a gentler option while yet being professional.
Along with this, you can use a combination to highlight specific points in the email. Here is how to change the color of a section of text in an email in Outlook online.
- Select the text by clicking on it and dragging the selection
- Click on the A in the formatting bar of the email
- Choose the color you would like to use for the selected text
- Click on the email to continue editing.
The email font should be
Here is a list of fonts that you can use to make your emails more professional.
- Sans-serif fonts: These fonts are crisp, and contemporary appearance. Sans-serif fonts like Arial, Helvetica, and Calibri are frequently employed in professional emails. They have a professional tone and are simple to read on screens.
- Serif fonts: Serif fonts, like Georgia or Times New Roman, can also be appropriate for business emails, especially when you want to express a more formal or classic approach. Use a serif font that is not overly intricate or challenging to read, though.
Remember: Maintaining consistency in the typeface you use throughout your email correspondence is crucial. Use a single font throughout the body of your emails to give them a unified, polished appearance. When it comes to the size of the font it can be 10 – 12 points depending on the font you are choosing.
Outlook Online will adjust the default text for new messages, replies, and forwards depending on your selections. Given that they are particular to the Outlook Online online interface, these methods ought to be valid whether you’re using a Mac or a Windows machine.
I hope this tutorial article on how to edit default text on Outlook Online was helpful. Check out similar articles here.
- How to sort folders in Outlook online?
- How to include original message in reply Outlook online?
- move all emails to bcc outlook online
- How to format a paragraph in Outlook online mail?
- Make an email confidential in Outlook Online
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.