If you are having trouble uploading videos to your Dropbox account then this article is for you. In this article, we are going to see how to upload videos to Dropbox.
Initially, when I started to use Dropbox for the first time, I did not know how to upload videos to my Dropbox account. By doing some research I got a way to upload videos to Dropbox on Mac, Windows, web browsers, iPhone, and android.
I have shared my experience of uploading videos to Dropbox and also a few possible solutions if you are facing trouble uploading a video from the camera to Dropbox.
In this article the headings that I have covered are listed below:
- How to upload videos to Dropbox from Mac
- How to upload videos to Dropbox from Windows
- How to upload videos to Dropbox from a web browser
- How to upload videos to Dropbox from iPhone
- How to upload videos to Dropbox from android
- How to upload videos to Dropbox from a mobile SD card
- How to solve issues in Dropbox camera uploads
How to Upload Videos to Dropbox from Mac
To upload videos to Dropbox from Mac.
- Open the Dropbox account on the Mac device.
- At the top of the menubar press the Upload button.
- Click the choose file option and select the videos in the pop-up menu on Mac to upload in Dropbox.
- We can select as many files as possible or select the entire folder on Mac Dropbox.
- After selecting the necessary videos click the start upload button. The videos start to upload in Mac Dropbox.
The uploading time depends on the length of the video we upload to Dropbox from Mac.
How to Upload Videos to Dropbox from Windows
By moving the video to Dropbox from the Windows desktop app the video will no longer be seen in the file explorer.
- Open the Dropbox account in the Windows Desktop app.
- Select the file from windows file explorer.
- Drag and Drop the selected video to the Dropbox account.
- The selected video will be moved to the Dropbox account and will no longer be in windows file explorer.
- Alternatively, copy the video by clicking Copy option, or use the ctrl+c key.
- Go to the Dropbox folder and click the Paste option or use ctrl+v to paste the copied video.
By copy-pasting the video to Dropbox the video will be in both windows file explorer and in Dropbox.
How to Upload Videos to Dropbox from a Web Browser
The web browser supports maximum of 50 MB file size to upload in Dropbox.
- Open the Dropbox account in the web browsers.
- At the top of the home page, there will be an Upload option click it.
- Upload to Dropbox opens by clicking the upload option.
- Select the video from the device by clicking the choose files option on the Dropbox page.
- Once selecting the files click the Upload button.
- The videos start uploading to the Dropbox account.
Follow any one of the ways to upload a video to Dropbox from android mobile.
How to Upload Videos to Dropbox from iPhone
We can add videos manually to Dropbox if we do not have camera upload enabled. To do so:
- Open the Dropbox app on the iPhone device.
- Select the Dropbox folder to save the videos.
- Press the “+” (plus sign) Create at the bottom of the Dropbox page.
- Click the Upload photos option.
- Click the Next option and select where to add the files.
- Select the tap location option and click the Upload button.
You may share files up to 100 GB (or 250 GB with the Creative Tools Add-On) via Dropbox Transfer. Or by creating a link within your Dropbox account without using any of your available storage.
How to Upload Videos to Dropbox from Android
There are two ways to upload videos an android Dropbox account.
- Upload Videos to Dropbox from Dropbox App.
- Upload videos to Dropbox by Gallery.
Upload Videos to Dropbox from Dropbox App
- Open the Dropbox app on the Android mobile device.
- Select the Dropbox folder to save the videos.
- Press the “+” (plus sign) at the bottom of the screen on the Dropbox page.
- Click the Upload photos or videos option.
- Click the Folder icon and select where to add the files.
- Select the tap location option and click the Upload option.
We can all the videos of a particular day by giving the checkmark above the videos.
Upload Videos to Dropbox by Gallery:
If we have recorded a video from our mobile camera we can see the recorded video in the mobile gallery. To upload in Dropbox from Gallery:
- Open the gallery on the android mobile.
- Select the video to upload to the android Dropbox
- To upload multiple videos in Dropbox hold the first video and give the mark for other videos.
- After selecting the videos click the Share button in the options.
- Then select Dropbox as the destination list.
After this, the video starts to upload automatically. The processing time for uploading videos differs according to the size of the video that we are uploading and the network strength.
How to Upload Videos to Dropbox from a Mobile SD Card
If there is an SD card on your mobile you can upload videos to Dropbox from there.
- Open the Dropbox account on the mobile device.
- Select the folder in Dropbox to store the videos.
- Click the “+” plus sign at the bottom of the Dropbox app.
- Then click the upload files option.
- Then go to the SD card folder and select the videos to upload to the Dropbox account.
- Click the Upload option or on some devices, the option will be as open click it.
When searching for files to upload in Dropbox, if you can’t see the SD card option, make sure Show advanced devices is selected by hitting the menu button at the top of the screen and selecting Settings.
How to Solve Issues in Dropbox Camera Uploads
There are several issues that occur while uploading the video from the camera. Try the below steps to solve whatever issue occurred during camera uploads.
- Check the internet connection.
- Restart the Dropbox app.
- Check there is enough storage space for uploading the video.
- Check whether the battery is charged.
- Keep the Os updated to the latest version.
- Check the upload settings on the mobile device.
Install the Dropbox desktop app installed to use camera uploads if it is a Dropbox basic plan.
We have come to the end part of the article regarding how to upload videos to Dropbox from Mac, Windows, web browsers, iPhone, and android.
In android mobile, there are two ways to upload a video to Dropbox either directly from the Dropbox app or from the android mobile gallery.
I hope you would have got a solution for an issue that occurred while uploading a video from the camera to Dropbox.
To know more about Dropbox refer to the below articles:
- How to Move Dropbox Folder? [4 Easy Ways]
- How Long Does Dropbox keep Deleted Files?
- How to Add Dropbox to Finder on Mac?
- How to Access Shared Folders in Dropbox? [Mac, Web browser, Windows]
- How to Download Multiple Photos from Dropbox? [3 Simple Ways]
- How to Check the Dropbox Activity? [Manage, Delete, Create, and Export]
- How to Organize Photos in Dropbox? [Web Browser, iPhone, Android]
- How to See File Size in Dropbox? [3 Different Ways]
Hello, my name is Lucas and I’m a Dropbox user and expert. I’m from the United States of America, specifically in New York. I love staying up to date on the latest tips and tricks, and helping others learn how to use Dropbox like a pro. In addition to being an avid Dropbox user, I also have a background in cloud storage platforms. I love creating how-to tutorials on everything from setting up Dropbox folders to automating file backups. Learn More About Me