In this step-by-step tutorial, I have explained simple ways to sign out of Dropbox from different devices like laptops, Macs, iPhones, androids, and browsers.
I have been using Dropbox for more than a year at my work to store my personal data. For the first few months, I had the issue of how to sign out of Dropbox, after research I finally found a way for signing out of Dropbox.
7000 million people use Dropbox to transfer videos, photos, and file transfer and safeguard their data from a third person.
Dropbox helps you to stay organized at work, sync the data, and share your files securely with your teams.
As a Dropbox user, I am giving my own experience of how to
- Sign out of Dropbox from android mobile
- Sign out of Dropbox from iPhone/iPad
- Sign out of Dropbox from the desktop app
- Sign out of Dropbox from a web browser
- Sign out of Dropbox from mac
How to Sign Out of Dropbox from the Window, Mac, and Web Browsers
The general way to sign out from Dropbox is to click account > preferences > account > sign out.
How to Sign Out of Dropbox from Windows PC
- Tap the “upward pointing” arrow on the lower right corner of the screen and some options will display.
- Click the “Dropbox icon” at the bottom.
- Tap the “Account icon” on the top right corner of the page, the icon looks circular with a profile picture of images or initials you provided.
- Click the “preferences icon” in the drop-down menu and you will be taken to a new tab.
- Click the “account” menu in the Dropbox preferences.
- Press the sign out option next to your account.
- By clicking sign out, Dropbox informs you that “When you sign out your mail id, the files in your Dropbox folder will stop syncing. Just delete your Dropbox folder to remove it. Your files are safe in Dropbox”.
- Click ok to make the changes.
- After signing out files stop syncing, if needed we can delete the drop box account by selecting the delete icon near your Dropbox account.
Above mentioned steps are simple ways to sign out of Dropbox from our windows pc.
How to Sign Out Dropbox from the Web Browser
- Open the Dropbox website in a web browser.
- This method is applicable to all types of web browsers (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla firebox, Safari).
- Click on the “Account” icon in the top right corner of the page.
- The drop-down menu opens.
- Click the “sign out” option at the bottom, above the “add team account” option.
- After signing out successfully from the Dropbox account, you will be taken to the home page.
- Dropbox signs out and files stop synchronizing.
- If needed you can delete your Dropbox account permanently, by clicking the delete symbol near the Dropbox account.
These are the ways to sign out of Dropbox from your web browsers.
How to Sign Out of Dropbox from Mac
- Click the Dropbox icon on the bottom right of the menu bar, and a new tab will open.
- Click the “account” icon on the top right corner of the new tab.
- The Dropbox account looks circular with images or initials of the name that is given by us while signing in.
- Now, the Dropbox account drops down with a few options, click preferences and you will be forwarded to a new tab.
- In the new tab, click the “account” menu on the menu bar, and you will be able to find a sign out option.
- By clicking sign out, Dropbox displays “When you sign out your mail id, the files in your Dropbox folder will stop syncing”.
- Click ok to sign out from Dropbox.
- After signing out of your Dropbox if you have given “available offline” your files will be saved on your pc.
- But if you give it as “available online” then all your files will stop syncing and you need to sign in to restore all the files.
The above-mentioned points are the simple ways to sign out of Dropbox from Mac.
How to Sign Out of Dropbox from Android
To sign out of Dropbox from android mobile devices, follow these simple ways:
- Open the Dropbox app on the android phone.
- Click on the “three horizontal lines” to open the settings page.
- Click on the “Settings icon”, and you will be directed to a new page.
- Then on the next page click on “Sign out of Dropbox” as below in the image.
- It will show you a confirmation box as “Are you sure you want to sign out from your Dropbox account?”. Here click on Sign out to confirm.
- After this, we can completely sign out from Dropbox.
- In case of multiple linked accounts, switch to the account you want to sign out from Dropbox and click the sign out option again.
- So, the selected account will be signed out and the remaining will be signed in.
In this method, we can sign out of Dropbox from android mobile.
How to Sign Out of Dropbox on iPhone
- Open the Dropbox application on your iPhone, on the bottom right corner there will be an “account option“, tap on it.
- After clicking the account icon, Dropbox takes us to the “settings icon”.
- At the bottom of the page, we can see the “sign out from this Dropbox” option.
- Then for confirmation, it asks “This will also remove your personal offline files from this iPhone”. Are you sure?” then click on sign out.
- Once you sign out from Dropbox you will be taken to the login page, as shown in the image.
These are the steps to sign out of Dropbox from your iPhone.
What Happens if I Sign Out of Dropbox
If you have given as offline available on your computer, your files will be stored and synchronized. We can open and view them whenever necessary.
But the files that are accessed as only “online available” do not sync. Changes that you make to a file do not apply until you log in to Dropbox.
Elsewhere, in android or iPhone mobile, the files cannot be opened or retrieved if you do not sign in even if you marked them as ” offline available” because Dropbox files are not stored directly in android or iPhones.
We’ve reached the conclusion of the article. Hopefully, you now understand how to sign out of Dropbox on an Android phone, iPhone, Mac, or PC.
Remember to do it step-by-step so that the sign-out process will be simple, and is less than a minute process.
If you wish you can give the files available offline to open in the future on the computer or else all the files stop syncing and you can visit them once, you log in. So, be careful about what you are giving while signing in.
You may also like:
- Advantages and Disadvantages of DropBox (You will ever need)
- How to Stop Dropbox from Syncing? [5 Effective Ways]
- How to Print from Dropbox? [Mac, iPhone, and Android]
- How to Delete Files and Folders from Dropbox? [12 Effective Ways]
Hello, my name is Lucas and I’m a Dropbox user and expert. I’m from the United States of America, specifically in New York. I love staying up to date on the latest tips and tricks, and helping others learn how to use Dropbox like a pro. In addition to being an avid Dropbox user, I also have a background in cloud storage platforms. I love creating how-to tutorials on everything from setting up Dropbox folders to automating file backups. Learn More About Me