If you are the admin of the Dropbox account and need to check the activity of your team members, then read this article. In this article, we are going to see how to check the activity in Dropbox.
When I first upgraded the Dropbox team account, I did know how to check the activity of my team members. After doing some practical research I came to know how we can check the activity of the team members.
Also, I have shared how can we delete the activity in Dropbox. I am sharing my experience on viewing, deleting, creating, and exporting team activity in Dropbox.
The topics that I have covered in this article are listed below:
- How to view team activity on Dropbox
- How to delete the activity in Dropbox
- How to create and export an activity report in Dropbox
- What can we see in Dropbox activity reports
- How to manage team activity from the activity page on Dropbox
- How to disable the weekly shared folder activity email in Dropbox
How to View Team Activity on Dropbox
If you are the admin of the Dropbox team account you can view the activity of all the team members.
- Open the Dropbox account from the web browser Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Admin console at the bottom in the left sidebar of the Dropbox tab.
- Click the Activity option on the admin console page.
- On the activity page, we can filter by Date range, People, Content, and Activities.
- Press Add activity option near to activities to filter the activity option.
- Enter the start and end date near the date range to see the activity that occurred during a specific time period.
- Click the Peoples option and enter the team members to view a specific team member or multiple team members’ activities in Dropbox.
- Add a keyword to the area next to Content in order to scan files, folders, or paper documents.
- In the participant’s tab, we can check the All on team or the External participants in the Dropbox team account.
- After applying the filters the final output will be shown below in the order of Date, Member, Activity, Category, and Accessed from.
We can check the activity of the team members by entering the start date, time, and end date, time in the date range column.
How to Delete the Activity in Dropbox
On the recent page in Dropbox, we can delete the recent activity that took place.
- Open the Dropbox account in the web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to the Recents page on the Dropbox page.
- Click the three horizontal dots near the selected file or folder. The horizontal dots pop down and click the Delete option.
In Dropbox shared files, folders, or files and folders recently viewed will be saved to a recent page in Dropbox.
How to Create and Export an Activity Report in Dropbox
To create and export the team activity in Dropbox:
- Open the Dropbox account in the web browser Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Press the Admin console option in Dropbox.
- Then click the Activity tab on the left side of the Dropbox page.
- Apply the filters to select the time period and data to export.
- Press the Create report option.
The report will be kept in a folder titled Dropbox Business Reports as a CSV file. When the report is prepared, an email will be sent.
What Can We See in Dropbox Activity Reports
In the activity reports each entry shows the:
Member: The person who initiated the action.
Activity: The details of the event.
Location: The place where the user started the operation, as well as the IP address of the computer they were using.
Date and time: The actual time and date that something happened
The action of the team members appears within a few hours or within twenty-four hours.
The admins of Dropbox can see the following activity in the team activity reports:
- File Operation (Advanced and Business)
- File Request
- Signal Sign-on (SSO)
- Team Folder
- Team Policies
- Team Profile
- Two Factor Authentication
The admin of the Advanced and Business Dropbox plan members is able to view the action taken by the team members for a file.
The activity includes deleting, moving, adding, and editing files. The problems like deleted files and information security audits can be investigated by these events.
How to Manage Team Activity from the Activity Page on Dropbox
We can take necessary actions from the Dropbox activity page if we are the admin of the Dropbox account.
The actions like:
- Restoring the Dropbox file or folder.
- Ending the web session of the team.
- Deleting the shared link.
- Unlinking the device and deleting all the files in Dropbox.
- Resetting team members’ Dropbox account passwords.
The above actions can be performed only if we are the admin of the Dropbox team account.
How to Disable the Weekly Shared Folder Activity Email in Dropbox
We can disable weekly shared folder activity in Dropbox from the Dropbox notifications tab.
- Open the Dropbox account and click the Gear icon at the top right corner of the Dropbox page.
- In the gear icon click the Settings option.
- Then the settings tab opens, on the settings page press the Notifications tab.
- On the notification page, uncheck the Activity in shared folders (weekly digest) notification box.
Follow the above steps to disable the weekly shared folder activity email in Dropbox.
We have reached the conclusion of the article regarding how to check the activity in Dropbox. I hope the article contains enough information that you are looking for.
The admin of the Dropbox team account can view the activity of the team members individually by entering their name, start date, and end date.
In the activity tab, we can see the members of the Dropbox team account, location, date and time, and team members’ activity.
To know more about Dropbox check our below articles:
- How to Download Multiple Photos from Dropbox? [3 Simple Ways]
- How to Upload Videos to Dropbox? [Mac, Windows, Web browser, iPhone, Android]
- How to Move Dropbox Folder? [4 Easy Ways]
- How Long Does Dropbox keep Deleted Files?
- How to Organize Photos in Dropbox? [Web Browser, iPhone, Android]
- How to See File Size in Dropbox? [3 Different Ways]
- How to Upload Videos or Photos from Dropbox to Social Media Apps? [YouTube, Facebook, Instagram]
- How to Lock and Unlock a File in Dropbox? [Mac, Windows, Web Browser]
- How to Create Dropbox Shortcut? [3 Ways]
- How to Stop Dropbox from Opening on Startup?
- How to Move Files from Dropbox to iCloud? [Mac, Browser, iPhone, iPad]
Hello, my name is Lucas and I’m a Dropbox user and expert. I’m from the United States of America, specifically in New York. I love staying up to date on the latest tips and tricks, and helping others learn how to use Dropbox like a pro. In addition to being an avid Dropbox user, I also have a background in cloud storage platforms. I love creating how-to tutorials on everything from setting up Dropbox folders to automating file backups. Learn More About Me