Downloading files is easy on Google Drive. You can download all the file types that you have uploaded on the application, be it videos, documents, audio, and various others. This makes it easier for one to share large files like videos between their devices as well as your group.
For instance, if you have a PC, phone, and a tablet, and you don’t want to manually share a video with all of them, then you can upload the file to your Google Drive on the account associated with all of your devices. The video will be available to all of your devices in the cloud storage, and you can download it on the device you want to.
If you want to download videos from Google Drive but don’t know how to do so, we will help you with it. Let’s discuss how you can download videos from Google Drive.
How To Download Videos From Google Drive on PC
If you use a PC to access Google Drive and want to download a video on it, you can follow the steps given below. We have discussed the step-by-step process to download videos from Google Drive on any PC, whether Windows, Mac OS, or Linux.
- Open your preferred browser on your PC, and head to Google Drive. You can do so by clicking on this link. Ensure you are logged into your account.
- Click on the file you want to download. If you want to download multiple videos, hold the Ctrl key (for Windows) or hold the Command key (for Mac), and then click on all the videos you want to download.
- Now, right-click on the file, and then click on Download from the context menu. This will download the videos from Google Drive on your PC.
Read How to Share a Folder On Google Drive
How To Download Videos From Google Drive on Android
Google Drive app is installed on Android devices (phones and tablets) by default, so you won’t have to download it again. You won’t have to manually sign in to the app. Because it will be connected to the account you have used for your phone.
However, if you want to download the video from a different account, you will have to sign in using that account. To download videos from Google Drive on your Android phone or tablet, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone. Ensure you are signed in to the account where the video is.
- Search for the video you want to download. Now click on the More icon (three dots) that you will see next to the video name.
- Now, tap on the Download option, and the video will be downloaded on your device.
Read You don’t have an authorization Google Drive
How To Download Videos From Google Drive on iOS
You need not worry even if you are on an iOS device like iPhone or iPad. Google Drive app is available for both Android devices and iOS. Ensure you download the Google Drive app on your iOS device and sign in to your account.
- Firstly, open the Google Drive app on your device.
- Search for the file that you want to download. Tap on the More icon (three ellipses) next to the file.
- If you want to download the file to your phone, tap on Open in and then tap on Save to files. You will have to select where you want to save the file and then tap on Save.
- If you want to open the file within another app, tap on Open in and choose the app you want to use.
This is how you can download videos from Google Drive on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to save a photo or video to your camera roll on your iOS device, then follow the steps given below-
- Open the Google Drive app on your device.
- Tap on the More icon or the Three ellipses next to the video file you want to download.
- Now, tap on Send a copy, and then tap on Save video to save the video.
Also read, How to Block Someone on Google Drive
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Can’t I Download Videos From Google Drive?
If you cannot download videos from Google Drive, then try force closing the application and then reopening it.
Moreover, while you are using the cloud storage app on your browser, close that particular app and reopen it. If that still doesn’t work, then restart your browser, which should solve the issue for you.
Furthermore, if you are using any VPN service or any third-party antivirus program, then it may also interfere with the app and may prevent you from downloading videos. Disable the VPN or the Antivirus program and then check if you still face the same issue or not.
2. How Do I Download A Video From Google Drive To PC?
We have already discussed the complete step-by-step process to help you download a video from Google Drive to your PC. You can follow the steps mentioned in this article, and you will be able to download the video on your PC.
3. How Do I Download Large Files From Google Drive Without WiFi?
If you want to download large files from Google Drive, copy the link to the video you want to download. Now open the browser on your device, be it your mobile or PC. Head to the Incognito or private mode on the browser.
Paste the link in the address bar and continue. Now tap the download button to download the file. If you are on a WiFi connection and want to download a large file from Google Drive, you can follow the steps given in this article.
You may also like:
- How to Export Google Drive Files
- This video cannot be played google drive
- Advantages of Using OneDrive and Google Drive
- How to Edit a Document in Google Drive
- How to Clear Storage on Google Drive
- 4 Best Google Drive Clients for Linux
This is how you can download videos from Google Drive on all of your devices. Following the above steps, you can download the videos on your device that have been shared to your Drive or uploaded to it.
Hello, my name is Shirley. I’m a Google Drive expert and have been working with the platform since it launched. I’ve written extensively about Google Drive tips and tricks, and have created numerous tutorials on how to get the most out of the platform. I also enjoy creating tutorials to help people learn how to use Drive like pros. Read more