Bookmarking allows you to save and share different websites, articles, or blogs. It is a pretty handy feature and is available in all browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. In this tutorial, I will explain, how do you delete bookmarks on a mac?
Bookmarks can also be organized to allow the user to search for them by topic. They are also helpful because bookmarks remove the need for you to remember websites and type long URLs.
However, most of us rarely delete bookmarks and forget about them once we create them. This can lead the bookmark manager to get cluttered very quickly; it is essential to periodically clear out and delete the bookmarks you no longer need.
Bookmarks are browser-specific, meaning each browser can have different bookmarks. We have listed down methods to remove bookmarks in Mac from all these browsers in this article.
How Do I Delete Bookmarks On My Mac from Safari
Safari is the default browser that comes bundled with every Apple product. It is a fast, powerful, and efficient browser and is tightly knit with the Mac operating system. It also has a robust bookmark manager. Read the instructions provided below to learn how to do that.
- Sign in to your Mac.
- Open the Safari browser from the dock, or you can use a Spotlight search to do the same. Press the Command-Space shortcut or the search icon on the menu bar to open the search bar and type in “Safari.”
- The first method to access the bookmarks is by hitting the fullscreen button on the browser and moving the cursor to the left of the screen. A side menu will pop up in which you can find the Bookmarks tab under the Collected links section.
- The second method is to move the cursor over to the menu bar, click on Bookmarks, and select Show bookmarks. Subsequently, you can also use the Shift-Command-L shortcut to open the bookmark side menu.
- If you want to open the bookmarks in a separate tab, use the Option-Command-B shortcut.
- Now, to delete bookmarks from the side menu, right-click on them and choose Delete from the list. You can select multiple bookmarks by opening them in a separate tab using the Option-Command-B shortcut, holding down the shift or command key while selecting them, and hitting the Delete button.
Read How to Sync Messages from iPhone to Mac
How Do I Delete Bookmarks On My Mac from Chrome
Google Chrome is undoubtedly one of the most popular and extensively used browsers globally. It features a unique bookmark manager in which you can create folders, search for bookmarks and delete or add new ones.
Read the instructions provided below to see how to delete bookmarks from Chrome in macbook.
- Sign in to your Mac.
- Open the Google Chrome browser from the Applications tab inside a Finder window or use a Spotlight search. Press the Command-Space shortcut or the search icon on the menu bar to open the search bar and type in “google chrome.”
- Click the three dots at the top right corner of the screen, hover the cursor over Bookmarks and choose Bookmark manager from the list. You can also use the Option-Command-B shortcut to do the same.
- Once the bookmark manager is opened, simply right-click on the items and delete them individually. You can also hold down the Command key to select multiple files and if you want to select all of them, use the Command-A shortcut. Subsequently, if the bookmarks you want to delete are one after the other, in a line. Hold down the Shift key, select the first and last items from the list, and hit the Delete button.
Read How to Turn Off Pop Up Blocker on Mac
How Do I Delete Bookmarks On My Mac from Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is known for its privacy features and reliability. Unlike Google Chrome and Safari, it has a library instead of a bookmark manager. Read the details provided below to learn how to remove bookmarks from Mozilla in Mac.
- Sign in to your Mac.
- Open the Firefox browser from the Applications tab inside a Finder window or use a Spotlight search. Press the Command-Space shortcut or the search icon on the menu bar to open the search bar and type in “Mozilla Firefox.”
- Once the browser is open, move the cursor to Bookmarks on the menu bar and click on Show all bookmarks from the list. Subsequently, you can also use the Shift-Command-O shortcut to do the same.
- Select the bookmark you want to delete and bring out the contextual menu by right-clicking on it. Click on Delete from the list to remove it.
- You can also hold down the Command key to select multiple files and if you want to select all of them, use the Command-A shortcut. Subsequently, if the bookmarks you want to delete are one after the other, in a line. Hold down the Shift key, select the first and last items from the list, and hit the Delete button.
Read How to Sync Contact from iPhone to Mac
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I delete Bookmarks in Chrome in Mac?
You might encounter multiple issues while trying to delete the bookmarks from Chrome on MacBook or macbook air. It could be because of multiple reasons you are unaware of. Such as the fact that your internet connection is not stable due to which you cannot see or save any changes made to the list of Bookmarks on Chrome.
Other than this, if you are looking to remove the Bookmarks permanently, simply open the Bookmark Manager and delete anything you don’t need. This will save you a lot of space and also allow you to add more Bookmarks when needed.
2. How to Delete Bookmarks on iPhone?
You can follow similar steps while trying to get rid of certain bookmarks on the safari browser on your iPhone. Simply open a new tab on the browser. Now, tap on the Book icon below.
Here you can long-press any bookmark you want to delete. then choose the option Delete to get rid of that bookmark from your browser. That is all you have to do.
Read How to Restore Mac to Yesterday
That’s it for this article, folks. As you can see, deleting bookmarks from browsers on your Mac is a relatively easy task. Make sure you do this once every couple of months to prevent the bookmarks from getting cluttered and messy. Got an idea on how do you delete bookmarks on a mac?
You may like the following Mac tutorials:
- How to Take a Screenshot on Mac
- How to Make a File Smaller on Mac
- Connect AirPods to Mac and iPhone at the same time
- How to Make a Dot on Keyboard Mac
- Why won’t my Airpods Connect to my Mac?
- How to Sign Out of iMessage on Mac
- How to Set Preview App Default on Mac
Robert is a tech expert (with more than 10 years of experience in using mac os and iPhone) who loves to help others learn about the Mac operating system and iPhone. He provides helpful tutorials on how to use Mac OS, tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Mac operating system, iPhone tips and tricks, and more. He’s always up for a challenge and enjoys learning new things about his favorite OS. When he’s not helping people get the most out of their technology, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two cats. Check out more.