Have you been looking to create an Outlook signature but don’t know how to do it? Look no further! You have come to the right place! This article will talk about 4 methods to create a signature in Outlook Online.
So, here I am sharing my experience with you in case you come across a similar situation. Let’s begin!
I’ve mentioned the following things, in order:
- How to create signature in Outlook Online for Mac
- How to create signature in Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Windows
- How to create signature in Outlook for Outlook Online Web
- How to create Outlook signature for iPhone
- How to create signature for Outlook Online in Android
How to Create Signature in Outlook Online for Mac
For Mac, we’ll see how we can go about creating the signature in Outlook.
- Firstly, open the Outlook application on Mac.
- On the top left corner of the MacBook, we can see Outlook option written.
- Further, tap on that. A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the menu, select Preferences.
- A new window will pop-up. Under Email, go to Signatures.
- Another window will open up as Edit signature.
- Under that, click on the plus sign ‘+‘ and a new page will pop-up.
- In the new page, add the Signature Name for Outlook.
- In addition, copy the signature template in the space below and edit it as per your needs.
- Furthermore, we can add hyperlinks, images, social media apps, and website links in the signature of Outlook.
- Now, tap the Save button on top and close the current window.
- We’ll go back to the previous page where we can see the preview of the saved signature in the Signature Preview box.
- Similarly, we can add many signatures and then finally choose which signature we would like to use for various accounts.
- To do this, click on the Account option and choose the account you want to use the signature for in Outlook.
- Below that, hit on New messages and again choose the signature name so that our signature gets attached to every new email that we reply to.
- Again, for Replies/Forwards choose the signature name.
- Lastly, we can close the editing window.
Thus, to check if the signature on Outlook is working or not. Click on New Message alternative. Consequently, you’ll be able to see the new signature gets attached below on the email drafting page on Outlook.
How to Create Signature in Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Windows
Additionally, I’ll describe how we can set create the signature on Outlook Online using desktop applications for Windows.
- Open the Outlook application on Windows.
- Henceforth, the homepage of Outlook with all our recent emails opens up.
- On the top left corner of the homepage, New Email option will be visible.
- Thereafter, click on New Email.
- A new window for writing a new email will open up on Outlook.
- Meanwhile, on the top, click on the notepad icon on the left side of a red flag icon.
- Under that, a Signatures choice will come up. Click on it.
- Eventually, a new window will pop-up with all the signature settings.
- Click on E-mail Signature on top of the page. Although, it’s always in that position by default.
- Now, tap the New option on the right side of the screen.
- A pop-up window will ask for a name of the signature. Type a name for this signature, enter your name here to identify the signature as yours. Then, click OK.
- Correspondingly, the name will appear on the Select signature to edit section.
- Moving on, to create a signature we need to first download the templates document provided by Microsoft.
- Accordingly, tap on Get signature templates on the same screen.
- It will take us to the official Microsoft Support website, where the templates for Outlook signature are available.
- At this instant, in the Microsoft Support website, click on Get template.
- It will again take us to a new page as Email signature gallery.
- On this page, click on Download.
- The template gets downloaded in the PC local storage.
- Open the downloaded file in your PC.
- Select any template and right click on it. Tap on Copy and the template will get copied to the PC’s clipboard.
- Now, open Outlook’s window where we were editing the signature. In the Edit signature section paste the template.
- Here, we can directly edit our names and details. Click on each line and edit it as per your need.
- Now, let’s see how we can insert our image in the signature.
- Select the template image and right-click on it. Click on Save as Picture and upload your picture here.
- After choosing the image, click on Save on your Windows explorer window.
- Next, we can also edit or add hyperlinks for our websites or social media accounts.
- To do this, click on the hyperlink’s icon on the template that we would like to edit.
- Now, tap on the hyperlink’s editing icon on the right side of the window.
- A new window pops-up. On that page we can add the links or document to hyperlinks quite easily as shown in the image below.
- Press on OK once all editing is done to save the final draft of the hyperlinks.
- Finally, set the New messages and Replies/Forwards option as the new signature from the drop-down menu of each feature. This will set the current signature as the default signature for email we reply to.
- Lastly, press OK to save the entire signature as the final draft.
- Next, click on the New Email option in the Outlook homepage to check the newly set signature.
- If it doesn’t look fine then you can go back to editing the same signature in the similar way by choosing the signature name from the Select signature to edit box.
Therefore, I have explained the direct way to set a new signature in Outlook for Windows.
How to Create a Signature in Outlook Online Web
Here it is how to create a signature in the Microsoft Outlook Online web application. Follow the below points to do so.
- Open Microsoft Outlook from a browser such as Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon or settings icon at the top of the page of the Microsoft Outlook online Web application.
- Click Mail and click Compose and reply to create a signature in Microsoft Outlook online.
- Type the signature you want to add and click Save.
- Once it is saved, click the signature you have created recently under Select default signatures and again click Save in the Outlook Web application.
- If you want to add any pictures or company logo, click the picture icon and choose from the PC.
- Now, by default signature will be included whenever a new mail is composed in the Outlook online application.
Therefore, this is the method to add a signature in the Microsoft Outlook Online Web application.
How to Create Outlook Signature for iPhone
Outlook can be used on iPhone as well. It’s a very quick and easy process. So, let’s see how we can create the signature for Outlook on iPhone.
- Download the Outlook app on iPhone to get started.
- Open the app after downloading and sign in to your account.
- Provide the email ID and password and you’ll be logged in to Outlook app.
- Click on the profile icon on the top left corner.
- A menu will emerge on the left of the iPhone screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings or the gear icon.
- Again, the settings window will pop-up.
- Now, scroll down and press the Signature option for iPhone.
- By default, the signature will set to Get Outlook for iOS.
- On the new window, edit the signature and add your name, profession, contact details, email ID, social media account, etc. Then, click on the tick mark icon on the top right corner. And the signature will get saved on Outlook.
- Now, go back to the previous menu and we can see the preview of the newly edited signature beside the Signature option.
Hence, the signature gets added to our Outlook account and we can use it efficiently on iPhone.
How to Create Signature for Outlook Online in Android
Additionally, for android users, I’ll explain how we can set the Outlook signature on our android devices. Keep reading to know more.
- Firstly, we need to install the Outlook app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in to your account by providing the email ID and password.
- Following this, click on Add Account. On the new page, Enter your email and then click on Continue.
- Click on the letter icon on the top left corner.
- A menu will emerge from the left of the screen on Outlook.
- Scroll down and press on Settings or gear icon.
- Again, scroll down and the Signature option will be visible.
- Hit on the Signature tab. A new page will emerge.
- The Signature is by default set to Sent from Outlook for Android.
- Edit it to create your Signature for Outlook in Android.
- We can add our name, contact number, email ID, website hyperlink, social media account etc.
- On the screen, we can find more editing options below like bold, italics, hyperlink etc. We can try those as per our requirements.
- To add the website link, click on the hyperlink icon on the screen. We can find that below on the android screen.
- A new window will pop-up to ask for the Text to display and Link of the website.
- Add the details and click on Save.
- Finally, tap on the tick mark icon on the top right corner after adding and editing the signature on Outlook for android.
- We will go back to the previous menu where we can see a preview of our recent signature in the Signature tab of the Outlook Settings.
Consequently, the signature gets set for Outlook on android.
In conclusion, this article depicts all the ways of creating a signature for Outlook Online on Mac, iPhone, Windows, and Android devices. The guidelines are easy to follow.
This article talks about both desktop applications and phone applications. Hope you find this article useful and can implement the steps.
You may also like:
- How to Change Outlook Theme? [4 Ways]
- How to Create Out-of-Office Reply in Outlook? [5 Practical Ways]
- 4 Methods to Sync iPhone Contacts with Outlook
- 5 Ways to Schedule an Email on Outlook
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook? [3 Practical Ways]
- How to Set Up Email Format in Outlook?
- How to sort folders in Outlook online?
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.