Thinking of changing the profile name for an Outlook account? In this article, I’ll be talking about the 3 methods to change the profile name in Outlook Online.
I too have changed my profile name in Outlook and I’m going to talk about my experience to help you out. Continue reading.
Formerly, I’ve talked about Ways to Use Category in Outlook Online and How to Turn Off the Conversation in Outlook Online as well.
Topics talked about in this article are:
- How to change the profile name in Outlook for Microsoft 365 for Mac
- How to change the profile name in Outlook Online for Windows
- How to change the profile name in Outlook Online for web browser
- Can we change the profile name for iPhone and Android Outlook app
How to Change the Profile Name in Outlook for Microsoft 365 for Mac
Let’s see how we can change the profile name using the Finder.
- First, click on Finder on the top left side of the screen on the Mac.
- Then select Applications folder once the Finder app opens up.
- Next, on the screen right-click on Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose Show Package Contents.
- Further, go to Contents > Shared Support.
- Then open Outlook Profile Manager.
- A list of settings crops up.
- Double-click on Rename a profile and enter a new name for the profile.
Finally, the Outlook profile gets renamed this way.
How to Change the Profile Name in Outlook Online for Windows
In the Outlook application installed in the Windows system, the profile can be changed with a few steps. Continue to read to know more.
- Launch the Outlook application in the Windows system.
- On the Outlook home page, click on the File option in the top left corner.
- A new page opens up in Outlook Online.
- Click on Info on the top left side. Although, the Info option is chosen by default.
- The settings corresponding to information related to our account will appear on the right side of the screen.
- An additional step is that we have to click on Account Settings in Outlook Online.
- Then a drop-down menu emerges. Click on Account Settings.
- A new window crops up with our account details.
- Choose the email account for which the name has to be changed.
- Then tap on the Change button on top in Outlook.
- Another window will come up. Add a new name beside the Your Name option.
- Subsequently, click on Next to confirm below on the same screen of Outlook.
- At this time, a new window appears with the message Account successfully updated. Click on Done.
The reflection of the profile name change may take up to 24 hours in Outlook Online.
Note: In the case of company accounts, your IT or human resources department might supply certain information, such as your name and position. Reach out to them or your admin if you wish to update those details in Outlook.
Also read: How to Change Time Zone in Outlook Online? [3 Ways]
How to Change the Profile Name in Outlook Online for Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc. Let’s have a look at how we can change our profile name in Outlook Online via a web browser such as Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Open any web browser and go to Outlook.com.
- Further, sign in to our Outlook Online account with the proper credentials.
- Along with that, we enter the home page of Outlook Online.
- Meanwhile, tap on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- A drop-down list will emerge in Outlook Online.
- Next, click on My profile.
- Moreover, new page crops up. On this page, hit the Edit Name option.
- Another new window with the editing option opens up.
- Enter the First name and Last name. Finally, enter the Captcha for security reasons.
- Lastly, press the Save button.
Therefore, doing this immediately changes our Outlook account’s profile name.
Can We Change the Profile Name for iPhone and Android Outlook App
The provision or settings to change the profile names in the iPhone and Android Outlook apps aren’t available. The changes can be made through any of the above-mentioned ways and the same would reflect in our iPhone and Android devices. However, we need to make sure we are logged in through the same profile in the Outlook Online application on all devices.
Check out: How to Create and Share Contact List in Outlook Online? [6 Methods]
I’ve described the reasons and processes to change the profile name in the Outlook Online account for Mac, Windows, and web browsers. You can follow the above-mentioned steps for your respective systems.
Moreover, changing the profile names through the Outlook app on iPhones and Androids isn’t possible. I hope this article helps you solve the profile name-changing problems that you might be facing in your systems for Outlook Online.
You may also like:
- How to Embed a PDF in Outlook Online? [5 Simple Ways]
- How to Make an Email Group in Outlook Online? [4 Ways]
- How to Get Outlook Online Notifications on Mac? [7 Different Ways]
- 5 Effective Methods to Set Password in Outlook Online
- How to Import Google Calendar in Outlook Online? [5 Ultimate Methods]
- How to Turn Off Reminders in Outlook Online? [5 Techniques]
- How to Set Calendar Reminders in Outlook for Microsoft 365?
- How to Set a Reminder in Outlook Every 15 Days? [5 Techniques]
- How to Create Inbox Rules in Outlook Online? [7 Ways]
- Why the Signature Image is Not Showing in Outlook Online? [5 Different Ways]
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.