Unaware that changing the email font in Outlook is possible? Read this article to know how to change the default font in Outlook.
Outlook comes with lots of features that have made the lives of many people like me easier. One of the features is changing the fonts. And since I had faced similar problems, I’m going to share my experience on the same to help you out. Without further ado, dive in to know more.
Topics in the list are mentioned in the article:
- How to change the default font in Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Mac
- How to change the default font in Outlook Online on Windows
- How to change the default font for Outlook on the web
- How to change the default font in Outlook Online for iPhone
- How to change the default font for Outlook on Android
How to Change the Default Font in Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Mac
Keep reading to learn how we can smoothly change the email font in Outlook for Mac.
- Open the Outlook app in Mac.
- Go to Preferences > Fonts.
- The font for New mail, Reply or forward, or Plain text can be changed in Outlook.
- To adjust the text size, use the slider next to the Text display size.
Therefore, this is how we can change the font in Outlook for Mac.
How to Change the Default Font in Outlook Online on Windows
Windows also has several steps to implement font changing in the Outlook app.
- Launch the Outlook app in Windows.
- Now, click on File.
- Again, click on Options.
- Tap on Mail > Stationery and Fonts.
- Following font changes can be made in Outlook for Windows:
- New mail messages – decides what font is used by default for messages that we write ourselves in Outlook.
- Replying or forwarding messages – While forwarding or responding to messages, we can choose a different font. The two check boxes that allow us to annotate our comments with our name (or other content) or with text in a different color are the main focus of this configuration in Outlook.
- Composing and reading plain text messages – The recipient of a plain text message will see it in a regular font. However, we are free to pick a fancier font when writing the message. Please be aware that the message will not contain the font.
- Make the selections for the font style and font size that we want to use in place of the default font in Outlook.
- To save our modifications, click OK all the way out again.
Hence, we can change the font in this manner in Outlook for Windows.
Also read: How to Open MSG File in Outlook Online?
How to Change the Default Font for Outlook on the Web
On the other hand, Outlook can be used in web browsers as well. Such as Safari, Google Chrome, etc. Find out how to change the font in Outlook on the web.
- Log in to the Outlook account in Outlook.com via any web browser.
- Go to Settings > View all Outlook settings.
- Tap on Mail > Compose and reply.
- Set Compose messages in HTML style under Message format.
- Set the preset font and size to what we prefer in Outlook.
- Tap on Save on Outlook.
This way the font will get saved as the default font in Outlook for web.
How to Change the Default Font in Outlook Online for iPhone
Unfortunately, there is no defined settings for changing the font in the Outlook app for iPhone. All the settings are only available for the desktop applications and Outlook on the web.
Note: However, the font for iPhone can be changed through Settings.
Go to Settings > Screen & Brightness > Text Size > Change Font Size slider.
Click to read: How to Set a Reminder in Outlook Every 15 Days? [5 Techniques]
How to Change the Default Font for Outlook on Android
Similarly, in the Android Outlook app, the font-changing setting is not available. But the overall font in the phone can be changed through the phone settings.
Go to Settings > Display > Font.
In this article, I have mentioned how we can change the email font in Outlook for Microsoft 365 on Mac, Windows, and Outlook on the web. Also, I have mentioned a different way to change the font on iPhone and Android. Read the steps carefully and apply them as per your requirement. Hope this article helps you.
You may also like:
- How to See List of Reminders in Outlook? [5 Ways]
- How to Export Outlook Online Contacts to Excel? [4 Ways]
- How to Reduce the Image Size in Outlook Online? [4 Ways]
- Why Sync has Stopped Working in Outlook Microsoft 365? [7 Method]
- How to Add Second Email to Outlook Online? [2 Methods]
I am Kirithika and a senior technical content writer expertise in using various Microsoft and Google tools like OneDrive, Outlook Online, Word Online, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft teams, Google Drive, etc. I love to share how-to tutorials, tips, and tricks on these tools. From last 5 years, I am trying to serve various clients across the United States of America. Check out more on About me page.